You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2007, 06:02 PM   #801
Cheese Pants King

Send a message via Yahoo to Endosanity

Playing:

The Thing - PC - Highly underrated survival horror game. Great stuff, just getting started on it. At least the computer controlled partners aren't totally stupid, they at least know how to take care of themselves.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:54 PM   #802
Master of time and space

Metal Gear Solid 2: Fighting Solidus with only my sword. After four tries I still haven't figured out a strategy to beat him. He blocks 9 out of 10 attacks and at best I've taken about a quarter of his health.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:39 PM   #803
Psychonaut

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oblivion

About 60 hours into the game

Thieves Guild - Guildmaster (GreyFox)
Mages Guild - Guildmaster (Arch Mage)
Fighters Guild - Warder
Dark Brotherhood - Guildmaster (Listener)
Arena - Grand Champion

Main quest - Blood of the Divines mission.

Just the fighers guild and main quest to go.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:02 AM   #804

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Final Fantasy IX. 66% through Disc 3. All my characters have all abilities except 1-2 per character. I have finished the entire chocobo minigame and got all treasures. I have some but not all of the ultimate weapons. I am more than powerful enough to end the game but I have taken things slow.

-edit-
Ended the day right prior to the end of Disc 3.

Last edited by JemyM; 07-13-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:58 PM   #805

I love the mini-games in FFIX. It's one of the few Final Fantasy games where I have tried to do as many of the extra stuff as possible before reaching the end.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:12 PM   #806

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
I love the mini-games in FFIX. It's one of the few Final Fantasy games where I have tried to do as many of the extra stuff as possible before reaching the end.
Yeah, the chocobo minigame one was simply great in ff9. The Chocobo himself was really useful this time around. Mognet was a really fun addition as well. I wasnt into the Tetra Master game though, I prefer the Triple Triad from FF8. Overall the game mechanics have been far superior in FF9 compared to 7/8. It felt FF9 have a really robust and well balanced system that seems to put most characters to use and the equipment system is far more advanced and more interesting, often giving you an excuse to use your old items in more than one way. I also felt that the game held down my levels and abilities which made sure that my party wasnt cutting through like nothing, but training my characters was still rewarding.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:30 AM   #807
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endosanity View Post
Playing:

The Thing - PC - Highly underrated survival horror game. Great stuff, just getting started on it. At least the computer controlled partners aren't totally stupid, they at least know how to take care of themselves.
If this is the game I think it is then it's all very well the computer controlled partners looking after themselves until
Spoiler:
they reveal that they are infected and you suddenly have a ravening monster in your midst.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 07-14-2007, 10:32 AM   #808

Deus Ex Invisible War....just started...in the lower seatle area or so.

Fahrenheit, also just started but already in the flashback sequence Hide n Seek

Remember: "You can pick your Friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose."
Old 07-14-2007, 11:05 AM   #809

I am up to chapter 4 of Hotel Dusk [nintendo ds] I love the touch screen and the game itself is fun.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:10 AM   #810
Master of time and space

Since I can't seem to beat Sin (the 140000 Hp version charging at you while you're on the carrier) in Final Fantasy X and Solidus is proving too much for me right now in Metal Gear Solid 2, I've started on Star Ocean - Till the end of time. This game is really good. I'm glad I found an alternative to Final Fantasy in this genre (JRPG). The battle system is more fun by being real time and non random encounter. The story is well told and the graphics, while mostly static does a good job. My only gripe is that the controls aren't really analog making moving the character somewhat jerky. Also I still haven't decided if I like the 100% anime presentation of all the characters...
Old 07-14-2007, 08:47 PM   #811
Super Moderator

I'm playing Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis and I'm almost to the end of level 3. I know I can do better with getting all of the mini Marios but it's such a fun game with trying to figure out how to get all the stuff and get past all the 'bad guys.' The mini Marios are so cute too (I love their little giggle)!

Spoiler:
In level 3, there is one room where you can adjust water levels to get where you need to go. I thought that was incredibly cool.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:02 PM   #812
is not wierd

Sid Meier's Pirates! Onto my third crew, Journeyman difficulty, No. 2 pirate in the Caribbean
Age of Mythology on and off
Vampire - Bloodlines. Just started a Malkavian. Santa Monica.
Advance Wars DS - 18th mission normal difficulty.

So bored over the summer...
Old 07-14-2007, 09:11 PM   #813

I'm trying to get back into Adventure gaming but I don't own any good ones anymore except for Curse of Monkey Island and Grim Fandango(Spelling?). I might try to Install those ones. I've been Playing Insurgency and CSS Lately. I want a Monkey Island 5 to be announced...
Old 07-15-2007, 12:29 AM   #814
A Servicable Villain

You spelled Grim well, Absurd

I'm playing the original Warioland on my GBA SP. Lovely game that. Great atmosphere. I'm now in the penultimate world, at the very first stage. It's getting a bit more difficult.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:56 AM   #815
Lazy Bee

Currently playing Discworld Noir and Dark Fall Lights Out.
I really didn't think much of Lights Out after having played it a while. But now that I'm more into the game
Spoiler:
I found the glasses
I appreciate it more and more. Lots of details to explore, spooky atmosphere and some puzzles very much to my liking.
Spoiler:
I also like this going back and forth in time.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #816
kamikaze hummingbirds

discworld noir is fantastic, especially when it really gets towards act three-ish.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:25 PM   #817

Final Fantasy IX done. Spent last few days with Final Fantasy X.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:42 AM   #818
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
discworld noir is fantastic, especially when it really gets towards act three-ish.
I'm still in the beginning of the game, but I love the hard boiled dialogues and Lewton's style.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:47 PM   #819
Thats the ticket

PS2 - Smash Court Tennis 2 : Playing this because the Federer V Nadal final got me all jazzed up. Shame they aren't in the game but are in the crap Virtua Tennis 3.

PC - Stalker : Awesome graphics and atmoshpere. The story is bleh so I just want to play it as an FPS but its more like an RPG in terms of item management and its sooooo easy to die so I'm quickloading and saving more than any game I can remember.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:08 PM   #820
Cheese Pants King

Send a message via Yahoo to Endosanity

Played:

Killer 7 - GC - Holy crap! This game is like one big head trip. I even like it's odd gameplay style and strangely un-detailed graphics. The story? Good luck, I'm still working on catching on. It's like watching one of those old VR arcade games but it runs smooth as greased lightning. I can see how some people may not like it but for me it was an instant classic. Highly recommended.

I played it for a good while but will probably start over because I'm catching onto the controls now pretty good. My copy didn't have an instruction manual... glad for in game tutorials.