You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General I Just Bought...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2007, 09:29 AM   #781

Today, after a little talk with bank (no, they were satisfied with me )
I finally bought

Space Quest (collection)

King's Quest (collection)

Mage Knight Apocalypse

and

Shivering Isles for Oblivion

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B000NGRIDI

Instead of screens I found (some) pictures on amazon.com
(more to follow shortly)

Last edited by aries323; 07-27-2007 at 02:25 AM. Reason: added content
Old 07-26-2007, 10:22 PM   #782

My latest purchases are 'Enchanted Arms' and 'Sonic' for PS3 - to go with my new 46" Sony Bravia LCD TV.

Going on a shopping spree tomorrow as JB-Hi Fi are having a sale.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:23 PM   #783
Super Moderator

I was on a mini DS buying spree the past week and a half (some on eBay and some in the store):

I'm done for a while as this will give me some good off & on gameplay for quite some time (along with Mario vs. DK 2).

Last edited by Melanie68; 07-28-2007 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:49 AM   #784
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I may also be getting Company of Heroes soon. I'm mad.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 07-29-2007, 07:53 AM   #785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig View Post
I haven't heard any talk about BioShock being a Vista exclusive on PC, so it should work on XP too. At least I hope so.
Bioshock's System Specs for the PC version have been revealed.

Oh, and you'll need an Internet Connection to ACTIVATE your game, BTW...

Quote:
BioShock System Specs Revealed
July 09, 2007 - BioShock's PR chick let us know that the PC specs for the game have been announced - does your system shape up?

Operating Systems:

# Windows XP (with Service Pack 2) or Windows Vista

Minimum System Requirements:

# CPU: Pentium 4 2.4GHz Single Core processor

# System RAM: 1GB

# Video Card: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better, excluding ATI X1550).

# Sound Card: 100% direct X 9.0c compatible sound card

# Hard disc space: 8GB free space

Recommended System Requirements:

# CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo processor

# System RAM: 2GB

# Video card: DX9: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or better). DX10: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or better

# Sound Card: Sound Blaster¿ X-Fi™ series (Optimized for use with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards)
Old 07-29-2007, 01:43 PM   #786

This week's purchase:

PC
Broken Sword 1-3
Still Life

PS2
Chuulip
Yakuza
La Pucelle Tactics

DS:
Etrian Odyssey
Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2
Bleach 2

PSP:
Riviera
Bleach 4

GBA:
Metroid: Zero Mission

--
Currently Playing:
PC: The Longest Journey and Company of Heroes
PS2: Ar Tonelico
XBOX 360: Project Sylpheed
DS: Etrian Odyssey
GBA: Super Robot Taisen II
Old 07-30-2007, 10:11 AM   #787
Master of time and space

Found these at the mall for €10 each. I don't own an XBOX, but I do have an X360. Hopefully it will be able to play Riddick sometime in the future. I checked the list and it's not on it yet.
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2007, 07:23 AM   #788
capsized.

I watched Das Boot a couple of months ago, so... hopefully my machine can cope with it. Heck, hopefully I can cope with it.
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2007, 12:56 PM   #789
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
I watched Das Boot a couple of months ago, so... hopefully my machine can cope with it. Heck, hopefully I can cope with it.
Keep us updated on your impressions, I got a strange urge to play something like that after seeing a trailer for Silent Hunter 4.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:03 AM   #790
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra View Post
Keep us updated on your impressions, I got a strange urge to play something like that after seeing a trailer for Silent Hunter 4.
I didn't get very far yesterday, still learning the basics of navigating the boat and so such. When trying to torpedo a british cargo ship West of Engerland, not a single one of them hit. The ship just turned around, hit me and I sank. Gibraltar from 1941 onwards is just a nail-biter, phew! There's like a ton of nifty details put into everything, like the voice overs that actually change in tone once you tell the engineer to switch to Schleichfahrt. Or when you leave a harbour, there's people everywhere, waving, and a band's playing the German national anthem all the while seagulls are all around. Pretty pretty.

The best thing is that there's like a dozen options to scale the level of realism and simulation. You CAN do pretty much anything on your own, but you don't have to. That's awesome and would be much too steep a learning curve for me. If you don't mind playing the "bad" guys , and if you have the patience, it's worth a look. The look and feel is just.. there. Out of the 40,000 German U-boat crew members only 10,000 made it home alive, and that one time I tried to pass Gibraltar, woah, that WAS tense. Is it just me or are the best war games coming from Eastern Europe these days? Flashpoint, Armed Assault, now this...

There's no demo, but this video captures the mood of the game pretty well.

Last edited by samIamsad; 08-02-2007 at 07:10 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:44 PM   #791
Homer of Kittens

Just bought

and

Firefox rules
Old 08-04-2007, 05:55 AM   #792
capsized.

Cobra, I'd definitely recommend the game now. Just finished another patrol which took me more than 1,500 kilometres away from home. I used time-compression, so the whole thing lasted me about four hours. I'm not hardcore enough to go through that that in real-time, thanks.

You need PATIENCE. I was assigned to patrols during which nothing happened at all. But it's beautiful. The campaign (the career mode, actually) isn't scripted, it's that dynamic kind of thing that works with a number of set variables and goes from there. Some of the deatils are astounding. Like the length of daytime that changes accordingly not only with the season but longitude as well! I'm in February 1940 now, cargo ships still aren't that well protected, and only one time I've been attacked by British bombers so far. They came out of nowhere though, so I took a quick dive and waited while they were finished unloading their lethal cargo and eventually gave up. Later on during the course of the war things are about to change. For the worse, as far as German submariners are concerned. Air supply, much more advanced defense technology and destroyers everywhere. The entire traffic on the seas (military convois, single ships, civil ships etc.) is calculated in real-time as you move along, that's why the game's slugging a little when you speed up time compression into the fastest mode available.. I'll definitely check out this supposedly awesome mod one day. Oh, and here's a free sub sim that's supposed to be good as well!

Last edited by samIamsad; 08-04-2007 at 06:06 AM.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:10 AM   #793
Look behind you!

I bought Sam and Max - Season One yesterday for $29.99 and its pretty decent so far. I'm only about half-hour into the first episode.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:48 AM   #794
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Cobra, I'd definitely recommend the game now. Just finished another patrol which took me more than 1,500 kilometres away from home. I used time-compression, so the whole thing lasted me about four hours. I'm not hardcore enough to go through that that in real-time, thanks.

You need PATIENCE. I was assigned to patrols during which nothing happened at all. But it's beautiful. The campaign (the career mode, actually) isn't scripted, it's that dynamic kind of thing that works with a number of set variables and goes from there. Some of the deatils are astounding. Like the length of daytime that changes accordingly not only with the season but longitude as well! I'm in February 1940 now, cargo ships still aren't that well protected, and only one time I've been attacked by British bombers so far. They came out of nowhere though, so I took a quick dive and waited while they were finished unloading their lethal cargo and eventually gave up. Later on during the course of the war things are about to change. For the worse, as far as German submariners are concerned. Air supply, much more advanced defense technology and destroyers everywhere. The entire traffic on the seas (military convois, single ships, civil ships etc.) is calculated in real-time as you move along, that's why the game's slugging a little when you speed up time compression into the fastest mode available.. I'll definitely check out this supposedly awesome mod one day. Oh, and here's a free sub sim that's supposed to be good as well!
Thanks, I'll check those and definitely add SH3 to my shopping list.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:14 AM   #795
capsized.

Quote:
Thanks, I'll check those and definitely add SH3 to my shopping list.
Do that! I can't wait to knock off work and go to the seas. In the meantime, I found a little community made add-on that lets you listen to contemporary music via the boat's gramophone. A gramophone that's playing MP3s? Jawoll, Herr Kaleun!

Last edited by samIamsad; 08-06-2007 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:52 PM   #796
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I just made my first purchase direct through Steam (as opposed to a retail release): The Commander Keen collection (sadly without Aliens Ate My Babysitter) for $5.82.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:01 AM   #797
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Do that! I can't wait to knock off work and go to the seas. In the meantime, I found a little community made add-on that lets you listen to contemporary music via the boat's gramophone. A gramophone that's playing MP3s? Jawoll, Herr Kaleun!
Oooh, does it add cracks and hiss to them?

By the way, I really don't know what to say to that video.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:53 AM   #798
capsized.

Quote:
Oooh, does it add cracks and hiss to them?
Jeepuz Cripes, that's the most brilliant idea Ubi didn't put into the game! Seriously, you should consider to send them a letter! Drop me a note if you get yerself a copy. There's a (GASP!) MULTIPLAYER option!

Also, yesterday after work I thought, what the heck, might as well waste your entire free time on SH3. That was around 6 PM or something. I started in Brest (France) and entered the port again at 0:30 (AM). I mean, you can save the game at any point in the game, but that's for pussies!
Old 08-09-2007, 09:16 AM   #799
kamikaze hummingbirds

Just started playing Forbidden Siren.
So far it seems good, though the voice acting is horrible and there aren't even any subtitles!

Almost impossibly hard, I'm having difficulty getting the church leader to the Yamaruka (or whatever it's called), though I can find the rope which is, apparently a secondary objective.

Last edited by Hammerite; 08-10-2007 at 04:48 AM.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:02 PM   #800
Has a jaw of sweet teeth

I have ignored this thread for way to long now, so here's what I just got:

Some old pc classics (boxed of course):

And another Phoenix Wright:

And I almost got a unopened Space Quest II still wrapped in plastic too, but sadly forgot about it, and some other random dude bought it for 300 kr (around 50$), should I be kicking myself?

« Last finished game | - »