View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 05:55 AM   #792
samIamsad
capsized.

Cobra, I'd definitely recommend the game now. Just finished another patrol which took me more than 1,500 kilometres away from home. I used time-compression, so the whole thing lasted me about four hours. I'm not hardcore enough to go through that that in real-time, thanks.

You need PATIENCE. I was assigned to patrols during which nothing happened at all. But it's beautiful. The campaign (the career mode, actually) isn't scripted, it's that dynamic kind of thing that works with a number of set variables and goes from there. Some of the deatils are astounding. Like the length of daytime that changes accordingly not only with the season but longitude as well! I'm in February 1940 now, cargo ships still aren't that well protected, and only one time I've been attacked by British bombers so far. They came out of nowhere though, so I took a quick dive and waited while they were finished unloading their lethal cargo and eventually gave up. Later on during the course of the war things are about to change. For the worse, as far as German submariners are concerned. Air supply, much more advanced defense technology and destroyers everywhere. The entire traffic on the seas (military convois, single ships, civil ships etc.) is calculated in real-time as you move along, that's why the game's slugging a little when you speed up time compression into the fastest mode available.. I'll definitely check out this supposedly awesome mod one day. Oh, and here's a free sub sim that's supposed to be good as well!

Last edited by samIamsad; 08-04-2007 at 06:06 AM.