You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Nintendo Revolution controller revealed. Pure crap?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2005, 02:35 AM   #61
FlipFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
So bye bye most third party support, unless somehow they can manage to capture every single button and every single feature in the current XBOX 360/PS3 controllers. How many publishers are willing to invest in the revolution now? Not only are the graphics much inferior to PC/PS3 and 360 but the controller itself is its own animal. And when you already have a niche console in the form of the cube, how many publishers are willing to spend so much money to support this whackiness.

You saw Revolution graphics? Wow, you sound like you really know what you're talking about!

But seriously, you saw the the graphics quality the Revolution is capable of? Oh no! What if its only 3x better than this generation rather than 4x!? Boy thats going to be awful!

No matter that 80% of the working industry currently barely has the artistic capabilities to create assets of that calibur now (as evidenced by the lackwits we get applying for our next-gen projects). All that power means nothing my friend if your dev team isn't talented enough to cope.

Nevermind that the Revolution supports GC controllers plus a plethora of attachements to the controller.

Nevermind that Nintendo is wisely approaching a more or less untapped sector of potential gamer ON TOP of the hardcore looking for new ways to play.

Nevermind that many dev's are gonna have a hard enough time programming fully for the multi-core, out of order execution of the 360 architecture, let alone then porting, to the symmetrical processing supercomputer monster of the CELL...dear lord, and you're worried about buttons!?? HAHAHAHAHAHA...ehem, sorry, but naivete and pseudo intellectualism of this sort is humorous, and I've been reading it all night. Don't misread me, I don't mean to seem rude, but I found it baffling how the "experts" come out and speak with any authority on the matter, yet the very industry they think wont support it, is genuinely enthused...hmmmm.

Cheers
Old 09-16-2005, 02:49 AM   #62
Epinionated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoG
You saw Revolution graphics? Wow, you sound like you really know what you're talking about!

But seriously, you saw the the graphics quality the Revolution is capable of? Oh no! What if its only 3x better than this generation rather than 4x!? Boy thats going to be awful!

No matter that 80% of the working industry currently barely has the artistic capabilities to create assets of that calibur now (as evidenced by the lackwits we get applying for our next-gen projects). All that power means nothing my friend if your dev team isn't talented enough to cope.

Nevermind that the Revolution supports GC controllers plus a plethora of attachements to the controller.

Nevermind that Nintendo is wisely approaching a more or less untapped sector of potential gamer ON TOP of the hardcore looking for new ways to play.

Nevermind that many dev's are gonna have a hard enough time programming fully for the multi-core, out of order execution of the 360 architecture, let alone then porting, to the symmetrical processing supercomputer monster of the CELL...dear lord, and you're worried about buttons!?? HAHAHAHAHAHA...ehem, sorry, but naivete and pseudo intellectualism of this sort is humorous, and I've been reading it all night. Don't misread me, I don't mean to seem rude, but I found it baffling how the "experts" come out and speak with any authority on the matter, yet the very industry they think wont support it, is genuinely enthused...hmmmm.

Cheers
I agree the games industry is lacking in people like me. Need a talented director/board artist with excellent credentials and experience?
Old 09-16-2005, 04:12 AM   #63
Psychonaut

Quote:
So bye bye most third party support, unless somehow they can manage to capture every single button and every single feature in the current XBOX 360/PS3 controllers. How many publishers are willing to invest in the revolution now? Not only are the graphics much inferior to PC/PS3 and 360 but the controller itself is its own animal. And when you already have a niche console in the form of the cube, how many publishers are willing to spend so much money to support this whackiness.

Probably the same one that sign up to the DS touchpad whackiness.

I think developers will have a field day on it. It would not be that hard to change the likes of Tiger Woods, which already uses the mouse to simulate the golf swing, to use the new controller.

I'm quickly coming round to it might be fun as long as the support was there, but I don't think it will challenge the PS3 or Xbox360, but then even with the Gamecube Nintendo was the only one making profits.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:15 AM   #64
Psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Need a talented director/board artist with excellent credentials and experience?
If only we knew any

Old 09-16-2005, 04:16 AM   #65
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

Quote:
Hideo Kojima and SquareEnix among others are excited about it and are surely going to support it, that's good enough for me...
Old 09-16-2005, 04:54 AM   #66
Snowden

It looks very bad but sounds really good. I just wish they had some more new-tech coolness in the way it actually works.

Old 09-16-2005, 05:02 AM   #67
Epinionated.

It looks fine. I can't see what's so bad about it.

Apple only ever designs things that look like mints.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:08 AM   #68
Snowden

Well I have to confess I have a weak spot for smooth and minimalist designs...or 'minty' designs if you like.

Old 09-16-2005, 06:16 AM   #69
Puts the 'e' in Mark

It's funny to see every thread about this on the internet go from disbelief ("LOL a remote controller! They're on crack! R.I.P. Nintendo!") to irreverence ("I guess it could be cool but there'll be no 3rd party support anyway and it looks dumb so there.") to utter jubilance ("SWEET MOTHER OF GOD THIS IS GENIUS!!!!! BETS THING SINC EEVER THINK OF ALL THE GAMEPLAY POSSIBILITIES!!").

Gotta love knee-jerk reactions.

Anyway, I think the controller is a slice of fried gold. Expectations totally met.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:19 AM   #70
Epinionated.

And kudos to you for quoting Sean Of The Dead.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:23 AM   #71
Puts the 'e' in Mark

P.S. Am I really the only one who sees no problems porting games to this platform?
Old 09-16-2005, 06:31 AM   #72
Joop Sloop

[nitpick]It's shaun of the dead[/nitpick]

This news might actually mean I'm going to buy my very first console! From what I read and saw this can't be anything but great.

BTW: the people that are talking about the potential troubles of ports between the systems: the metroipd prime 2 demo was redone for the revolution controller in less than a month!

Now all I need is a TV, a house to place it in, and a load of free time to play with it
Old 09-16-2005, 06:33 AM   #73
ACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek
P.S. Am I really the only one who sees no problems porting games to this platform?
I think in the conference they said they have an adaptor for the GC controller, so they they could just adapt it to that controller...

Like the DS, some games don't really use the dual screen, mike or touch screen at all, so they could just make "normal" games for old controller?
Old 09-16-2005, 06:57 AM   #74
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoG
I'd actually 'want' to mop then!
Hm.

Could well be that this is gonna be the only NextGen machine that really deserves that fancy label. Increased poly count up my ass!
Old 09-16-2005, 07:10 AM   #75
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

By God, Nintendo you did it again.

Again the only company in the world who innovates the whole business with giant leaps. The controller looks abso-fooking-lutely gorgeous!

There are like no limit to what can be achieved with Revo and it's controller, the promo video of the controller was solid gold.

Quote:
It's funny to see every thread about this on the internet go from disbelief ("LOL a remote controller! They're on crack! R.I.P. Nintendo!") to irreverence ("I guess it could be cool but there'll be no 3rd party support anyway and it looks dumb so there.") to utter jubilance ("SWEET MOTHER OF GOD THIS IS GENIUS!!!!! BETS THING SINC EEVER THINK OF ALL THE GAMEPLAY POSSIBILITIES!!").

Anyway, I think the controller is a slice of fried gold. Expectations totally met.
Hehheh! Exactly.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:24 AM   #76
ACK!

Quote:

That sounds exactly the way I felt...

He, he, just think about it, at this moment, every gaming forum, everywhere is now either hazing or praising the Revolution!
Old 09-16-2005, 08:30 AM   #77
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

Quote:
You're so full of crap that you're embarrasing me. Actually, wait, no, I can see it. I can see it very clearly. I think I dreamt of Revolution Half-Life 2 last night.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:37 AM   #78
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

Quote:

Being a proud representative of the third group of people you bring up, I would just like to point out that you yourself have placed... uh... yourself into the third group... It is the place to be, it is just that you made it seem like all three reactions are narrow-minded.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:58 AM   #79
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzjester
Ne jedi govna, fukaro. Ozbiljan sam.
Ouch. Vidim da i dalje dobro vladas Srpskim jezikom. Sta je malo prozivanja medju drugovima? Ajd, opusti se, matori.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 09-16-2005, 09:47 AM   #80
S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Send a message via MSN to Talas

Looks... different, I still don't know if that's good or bad, I'll wait to play with it and then decide.