You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Nintendo DS or PSP?

View Poll Results: Which hand-held system is better?
Nintendo DS 31 64.58%
PSP 17 35.42%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2005, 12:19 AM   #81
Fat Green Sumo

Send a message via AIM to Falko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanukitsune
You do know you can play Lumines on a cell phone, right?
I can also play Splinter Cell on a cell phone ...
Old 09-19-2005, 01:19 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
Nintendogs, Hello Kitty Roller Rescue, anything pokemon or digimon, Disney's Winnie the Pooh's Rumbly Tumbly Adventure, Animal Crossing, Doshin the Giant etc etc.
Doshin the Giant a "kiddy" game??? Do you have any idea what this game is about (probably not, since the game wasn't released in the US), or you just did a search and found a game with a yellow cartoon-like character and decided it fits the bill?
And for the record most people that play Animal Crossing are certainly not kids, as is the case of Nintendogs.

About games from Disney, etc, you do know most of them are released for all platforms, PC included, right?
Old 09-19-2005, 04:05 AM   #83
A Servicable Villain

I'm playing Mario 64 DS now without touchscreen controls but simply with the D-pad, and it works great. I like this lovely little adventure on my handheld.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:48 AM   #84
Puts the 'e' in Mark

How do you manage that? When I use the d-pad I just keep falling off ledges because it's so hard to walk diagonally.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:14 AM   #85
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funktion
Doshin the Giant a "kiddy" game??? Do you have any idea what this game is about (probably not, since the game wasn't released in the US), or you just did a search and found a game with a yellow cartoon-like character and decided it fits the bill?
And for the record most people that play Animal Crossing are certainly not kids, as is the case of Nintendogs.

About games from Disney, etc, you do know most of them are released for all platforms, PC included, right?
I played it at an import store. Sure as hell seemed like a kids game to me.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:34 AM   #86
How am I not myself?

I hear you can download emulators onto the PSP.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:48 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Epic
I hear you can download emulators onto the PSP.
You can do the same thing with the DS (and with the GBA), with a flash card.

Quote:
I played it at an import store. Sure as hell seemed like a kids game to me.
Why, may I ask? Just because the game has a yellow funny-looking giant?
Doshin has one of the most bizarre concepts ever, I doubt kids would care for this game. It's pretty interesting though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux
I'm playing Mario 64 DS now without touchscreen controls but simply with the D-pad, and it works great. I like this lovely little adventure on my handheld.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek
How do you manage that? When I use the d-pad I just keep falling off ledges because it's so hard to walk diagonally.
I also don't have the slightest problem with the d-pad (I never use the touchscreen to control Mario).
Old 09-19-2005, 09:13 AM   #88
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funktion
You can do the same thing with the DS (and with the GBA), with a flash card.

Why, may I ask? Just because the game has a yellow funny-looking giant?
Doshin has one of the most bizarre concepts ever, I doubt kids would care for this game. It's pretty interesting though.

I also don't have the slightest problem with the d-pad (I never use the touchscreen to control Mario).
Because it felt like I was playing "Teletubbies: The Game."
Old 09-19-2005, 12:03 PM   #89
Roar?

I prefer Nintendo purely because it can get a little cutesy and utterly bizarre. Sony does, too, but I don't think it does as often. (I LOVE Parappa the Rapper.)

The upcoming Tamagotchi for the DS has me pretty excited, despite my previous slamming of Tamagotchis in another thread here.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:01 PM   #90
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

Cuteness doesn't make a game a kid's game...

Would GTA: San Andreas be more acceptable for children if you replaced all the characters with kittens? No!

I remember having an argument over Gregory's Horror Show, someone kept insistng it was a kid game just because of the character's look, even though the game was rated 12+, and the game had several objectionable things, he stood by his ideas because of the "cuteness"...
Old 09-19-2005, 01:19 PM   #91
Banned User

The one thing you twits are overlooking that saying a game is a kiddy game is pretty much qualitative. It's just my opinion and you may see things differently. So stop crying, all of you!
Old 09-19-2005, 01:22 PM   #92
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjko
F***heads like you make me wish this forum was dead.
TEH INTERNETS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

Old 09-19-2005, 02:14 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek
Very effective use of the center-camera-behind-character-button will fix that.

I still prefer proper analogue though. It's just that I really hated the N64 controller. I could handle it, but it was more of an annoyance playing with it than it could've been if the N64 controller had been like the Gamecube controller.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:14 AM   #94
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashing
Chill man! Let's not get emotional about things here. Everyone have their preference, and it's only understandable for people to disagree. Rather than trying to convince the other to agree on your point of view, why not seek a compromise in agreeing to disagree?
I wasn't trying to sway his views at all. It's just annoying that he makes these stupid claims that certain games are kiddy games, and gives no reason for thinking so. Then, when I confront him on that, asking what exactly makes them kiddy games, he calls me a fanboy. I mean, what the hell?
Old 09-20-2005, 09:15 AM   #95
Banned User

Quote:
I wasn't trying to sway his views at all. It's just annoying that he makes these stupid claims that certain games are kiddy games, and gives no reason for thinking so. Then, when I confront him on that, asking what exactly makes them kiddy games, he calls me a fanboy. I mean, what the hell?
Well aren't you?
Old 09-20-2005, 01:15 PM   #96
SamNMax

+ rep to Temp for recognizing that the internet isn't serious business.

Old 09-21-2005, 01:29 AM   #97
El Luchador

Quote:
Well aren't you?
I fail to see what that has to do with the discussion at hand. We were discussing kiddy games, not Nintendo games. It's already been established (by you, none-the-less) that Nintendo doesn't just make "kiddy" games.

To stick to the original discussion, I fail to see how the concept of taking care of a dog does not appeal to a adults, as well as childs.

I hope that when I ask you once more, what makes Nintendogs a "kiddy" game, you won't just ignore it and call me a fanboy again.

So, what exactly makes Nintendogs a "kiddy" game? This is not for persuading you to "my cause." I'm trying to do no such thing. This is purely out of interest. You're entitled to your opinion. I just want to go a little deeper, and find the reasons for your opinion. Again, because they're interesting.

Isn't that the whole point of discussions, anyway?
Old 09-21-2005, 10:03 AM   #98
Banned User

Quote:
I fail to see what that has to do with the discussion at hand. We were discussing kiddy games, not Nintendo games. It's already been established (by you, none-the-less) that Nintendo doesn't just make "kiddy" games.

To stick to the original discussion, I fail to see how the concept of taking care of a dog does not appeal to a adults, as well as childs.

I hope that when I ask you once more, what makes Nintendogs a "kiddy" game, you won't just ignore it and call me a fanboy again.

So, what exactly makes Nintendogs a "kiddy" game? This is not for persuading you to "my cause." I'm trying to do no such thing. This is purely out of interest. You're entitled to your opinion. I just want to go a little deeper, and find the reasons for your opinion. Again, because they're interesting.

Isn't that the whole point of discussions, anyway?
No, it's to accuse people of being ****s!

Anyway, nintendogs is a kiddy game in my mind because all you do is play with a friggin cute puppy. To me, that's geared more towards little kids and maybe the ladies.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:11 AM   #99

Gotta agree with temporaryscars on Nintendogs. Seriously, it's just a fleshed out Tamagotchi, a toy for teenagers, girls and children.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:27 AM   #100
El Luchador

Quote:
No, it's to accuse people of being ****s!
Touché..

Quote:
Anyway, nintendogs is a kiddy game in my mind because all you do is play with a friggin cute puppy. To me, that's geared more towards little kids and maybe the ladies.
There's actually a bit more to it than just playing with the dog, but that's more or less true. Then again, adults play with real dogs. Why wouldn't they like playing with a fake dog?

I agree with you to a degree. The concept of Nintendogs most definately appeals to kids. I just think it's a bit more complicated than just categorizing it as a "kiddy" game. It's obviously something you wouldn't touch with a long pole, but I don't think it's primarily because it's a "kiddy" game. I think it has more to do with the nature of the gameplay, namely that it's non-competetitive.

The fact that kids do like non-competitive games shouldn't neccessarily make a non-competitive game a "kiddy" game.

I'm kind of going in circles here, and confusing myself, but I still find it interesting to think about. Also, I'm pretty sure I just misspelled the word "competitive" three times, and feel too lazy to correct it.