You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General A game named "Siren".

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2005, 01:17 AM   #1

Default A game named "Siren".

Anyone has heard about this game? Its sequel Siren 2 is due out soon. A very horror-rich atmosphere game. I am particularly fond of its Japanese written script. Unfortunately, it is available only on PS2, do you know if there is a PC version?
Old 10-01-2005, 01:45 AM   #2

There's no PC-version. But if you've got a PS2 and like horror games, I don't think there's any better choice than Siren (or "Forbidden Siren", as it's known in some parts of the world). It's surprisingly adventure-like as well (IMO not enough to make it an adventure, though). But be warned: It's really, really difficult.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:47 AM   #3
The Greater of Two Evils

Siren had a lot of interesting concepts, but they were all implemented poorly.

It's too bad; if those concepts had been implemented well, Siren would have been the survival horror game all survival horror games stole from.

Interesting story, but you absolutely need a hint book or Internet FAQ to get anywhere in it. The adventure elements make the ones in Phantasmagoria II seem logical.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:02 PM   #4
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKOPE
Siren had a lot of interesting concepts, but they were all implemented poorly.

It's too bad; if those concepts had been implemented well, Siren would have been the survival horror game all survival horror games stole from.

Interesting story, but you absolutely need a hint book or Internet FAQ to get anywhere in it. The adventure elements make the ones in Phantasmagoria II seem logical.

Siren, or Forbidden Siren in the Uk was a game with great expectations - unfortunately the final product didn't really live up to the hype

I bought the game for PS2 when it was released, and the premise of the game; that you could see what was happening elsewhere through the minds of others seemed very exciting! Unfortunately the game turned out as a bog standard survival horror, and the only point of the special ability was to be able to see how close the dead guys were to you before you either ran away and hid, or blasted them with your limited ammo

Although, if the sequel redresses the problems of the first game, and makes it more of an adventure than a straight up action/horror game I might still give it a try

Forbidden Siren was marketed as a game in the same vein as Project Zero/Fatal Frame, but the only similarities I can see are that it is a Japanese game and that it was made for the PS2

Project Zero was a terrifying game, nearly as scary as the original Silent Hill, plus the concept of using a camera to capture the ghosts was pure genius!
Forbidden Siren had an okay story, but it just wasn't scary