You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Recent movies seen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2005, 07:16 PM   #561

Default Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21
Distinctly average potter. Must try better.
Well I just saw it today. I still can't breathe- I was so excited to see it. I love it, of course, because I love Harry Potter and GOF is my favorite book.

I do agree with you about the Quidditch tournament... I dont think anyone would have minded if the movie spent 10 more minutes on the match. It didn't explain anything about Krum, Fluer, Veelas, or the other schools. The beginning was very rushed- too rushed. & there was no Winky the house elf! I did love the way they showed Barty Jr. in the dreams, and had him escape azkaban rather than Barty Sr. hide him and take him places invisible- that was confusing in the book.

But the rest of the movie was EXCEPTIONAL- I loved it. Although they spent a long time on the Yule Ball which I didn't think was neccessary, a lot of funny parts came out of that bit. I was in awe the whole time at the visuals- the quidditch stadium, the dragons- it all seemed so real. & Ron's dress robe bit was a good laugh.

There were just many scenes that you could only understand and appreciate if you read the book. Being one of those people, I still loved the movie. THe boy who plays Harry Potter just gets better every movie- especially in the end w/ the Diggory scene.

I am going to see this movie again tomorrow.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:53 PM   #562

La Haine
Old 11-19-2005, 05:11 AM   #563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflection
La Haine
Wow, pretty old movie.

I didn't like it, but it still was quite prophetic, if one is looking as what's going on in some french suburbs right now.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:23 AM   #564
Mrs. Bear

Send a message via AIM to natalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain
Well, the Criterion release is the unrated, uncut version of the movie, but if On Demand was using the Criterion print then the only difference was probably the aspect ratio. Unless they aired it in widescreen, of course. I suppose you do miss out on all of Criterion's extra content, but some people don't care about that anyway...
Now that I'm not saving up for my wedding anymore, I really want to start back up on buying movies (and adventure games!) again. Sorry to keep bugging you, but do you just buy the Criterion versions online? /offtopic.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:31 AM   #565
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Seeing Potter this evening. Come back at around 10:30pm (GMT) for my Definitive Reviewâ„¢...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-19-2005, 09:01 AM   #566
Epinionated.

I hate every time a Potter comes out, someone says you have to have read the book to understand it.

I NEVER READ THE BOOKS AND I ENJOYED AND UNDERSTOOD ALL THE FILMS THUS FAR, OK?!?!!
Old 11-19-2005, 09:14 AM   #567
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
I hate every time a Potter comes out, someone says you have to have read the book to understand it.

I NEVER READ THE BOOKS AND I ENJOYED AND UNDERSTOOD ALL THE FILMS THUS FAR, OK?!?!!
Same here, minus the "enjoyed" part.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:25 AM   #568

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Woah dude, I didn't mean that you can't understand the whole movie if you didn't read the books- and I certainly never said you wouldn't enjoy them. The last three movies were perfectly understandable and they didn't leave a lot of things out. But as the fourth book is much much longer, there is a lot they had to cut. Did you watch the Goblet of Fire yet? Perhaps you will see what I mean when you watch the beginning of the movie- there 's just a lot of short scenes or comments that refer to other things in the book that you won't know from just watching the movie. I could give you many examples but I don't want to spoil it for you. But regardless of this, you will definitely enjoy this movie if you liked the last three.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:33 AM   #569
Epinionated.

I'm not angry with you. It's general venting. No harm meant!

I'm sure I'll get it as people said exactly the same things as the last one.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:33 PM   #570
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalia
Now that I'm not saving up for my wedding anymore, I really want to start back up on buying movies (and adventure games!) again. Sorry to keep bugging you, but do you just buy the Criterion versions online? /offtopic.
I usually do, yes. I'm normally lazy and go with amazon.com. But you can usually get them cheaper at http://www.digitaleyes.net/ or http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com
Old 11-19-2005, 03:20 PM   #571
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I'm back from Potter IV, and I'll start a new topic (my post is going to be somewhat on the long side). More soon...

:EDIT: http://forums.adventuregamers.com/sh...ad.php?t=11917

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Last edited by RLacey; 11-19-2005 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:26 PM   #572

Just saw a History Of Violence. Well, I'm very disappointed.
Not that it was bad; it's remarkably done, and a pleasure to watch, but the story... I was expecting something more, sometihng special, and I had the same old. If it hadn't known beforehand it was a Cronenberg movie, I would have been able to guess everything after the first quater of an hour, but since it had, I was sure there would be some trick, some last minute event that would put everything into prospective. Well, no.

Match Point is still the best movie I've seen in 6 months at least. Anyone else saw it?
Old 11-21-2005, 04:14 AM   #573
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
Just saw a History Of Violence. Well, I'm very disappointed.
Not that it was bad; it's remarkably done, and a pleasure to watch, but the story... I was expecting something more, sometihng special, and I had the same old. If it hadn't known beforehand it was a Cronenberg movie, I would have been able to guess everything after the first quater of an hour, but since it had, I was sure there would be some trick, some last minute event that would put everything into prospective. Well, no.

Match Point is still the best movie I've seen in 6 months at least. Anyone else saw it?
HOV was extremely dissapionting. the only thing that can redeem it slightly is the part where his son is beating that guy up and swearing grotesquely. love that bit.

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 11-21-2005, 08:41 AM   #574
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
Not yet Ninth, but I plan to. I made a post about Match Point a long while ago and it didn't generate much excitement. We may be the only two who see this film.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:43 AM   #575
Mrs. Bear

Quote:
Not yet Ninth, but I plan to. I made a post about Match Point a long while ago and it didn't generate much excitement. We may be the only two who see this film.
I'm hoping to see the film as well...if I ever find time to actually go out and see a movie.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:20 AM   #576

Send a message via AIM to imichaelj

Anyone plan on seeing Hostel when it comes out? The trailer definitely left me feeling violated. So of course I feel an urge to watch it (even though it's probably an awful idea).

evolve - quit playing with yourself
"jesters do oft prove prophets." - william shakespeare
Old 11-22-2005, 12:16 AM   #577
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by imichaelj
Anyone plan on seeing Hostel when it comes out? The trailer definitely left me feeling violated. So of course I feel an urge to watch it (even though it's probably an awful idea).
I'll probably check it out, I'm a big horror fan. Although they are playing up the 'Quentin Tarantino Presents...' bit, which is kind of worrying, since 'FamousDirectorX Presents...' almost always results in a huge pile of shite. Last one I remember was Wes Craven Presents Wishmaster.

I'll prob also check out Final Destination 3, it looks like a carbon copy of the last 2 but I liked em so that's not necessarily a bad thing. Trailer for that is on the web now too. Big nasty accident involves a rollercoaster this time.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 11-22-2005, 12:56 AM   #578

Quote:
Funny, it was a huge success in France.

Kinda like his movie where he plays a blind director who makes a movie which nobody goes to see in the States, but which is a great success in France.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:19 AM   #579
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDance
I did love the way they showed Barty Jr. in the dreams, and had him escape azkaban rather than Barty Sr.
In fact it was his mother.

Quote:
hide him and take him places invisible- that was confusing in the book.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:08 AM   #580
Mrs. Bear

We saw “When We Were Kings” last night. Fantastic documentary following the famous “Rumble in the Jungle” fight between Muhammad Ali and George Foreman in Zaire. Ali was such a charismatic man – a pleasure to listen to, to watch; his athleticism was absolutely beautiful. And that fight. Now, I’m not a fan of boxing at all, but watching the sleeping elephant wake up was amazing. Also, I think I’m little bit in love with George Plimpton. I aspire to eventually be credited as he was in the movie (George Plimpton: Actor/Writer/Adventurer).

Last edited by natalia; 11-22-2005 at 08:40 AM.