View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 07:16 PM   #561
RIDance

Default Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21
Distinctly average potter. Must try better.
Well I just saw it today. I still can't breathe- I was so excited to see it. I love it, of course, because I love Harry Potter and GOF is my favorite book.

I do agree with you about the Quidditch tournament... I dont think anyone would have minded if the movie spent 10 more minutes on the match. It didn't explain anything about Krum, Fluer, Veelas, or the other schools. The beginning was very rushed- too rushed. & there was no Winky the house elf! I did love the way they showed Barty Jr. in the dreams, and had him escape azkaban rather than Barty Sr. hide him and take him places invisible- that was confusing in the book.

But the rest of the movie was EXCEPTIONAL- I loved it. Although they spent a long time on the Yule Ball which I didn't think was neccessary, a lot of funny parts came out of that bit. I was in awe the whole time at the visuals- the quidditch stadium, the dragons- it all seemed so real. & Ron's dress robe bit was a good laugh.

There were just many scenes that you could only understand and appreciate if you read the book. Being one of those people, I still loved the movie. THe boy who plays Harry Potter just gets better every movie- especially in the end w/ the Diggory scene.

I am going to see this movie again tomorrow.