You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Recent movies seen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2008, 10:11 AM   #3221
Homer of Kittens

American Gangster
I loved it, probably even more so than No Country for Old Men. 5/5

Firefox rules
Old 04-28-2008, 03:06 PM   #3222
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Speck Of Cereal View Post
I quite liked The Man From Earth.
Thank you so much for mentioning this movie. I just watched it, and it was magnificent. I constantly had the "Matrix"-effect, thinking "what, if this were true?"
Old 04-28-2008, 08:17 PM   #3223
The Major Grubert.

Interesting that you should compare it to The Matrix, as it's one of the most minimalist sci-fi films I've ever seen, while The Matrix is at the other end of the spectrum... though I get your meaning.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:58 AM   #3224
Psychonaut

Ironman

Probably not one of the "A" superheros, his list of villians isn't as well known as Spiderman or Superman.

In the comic world Ironman is a Billionaire playboy (Tony Stark) with an alcohol problem who turns from Weapons maker to superhero in a powered armour suit. Stark is a Member ,and recently leader, of S.H.I.E.L.D and the Avengers.

Great piece of casting then putting Robert Downey Jnr as Tony Stark.

Robert Downey Jnr is without a doubt the star of this film. His deadpan responses are very funny bring a lot of humour to the part.

Some decent action sequences, nods to the fans (Warmachine, SHIELD etc) and plenty of good SFX. Although the story is slightly hampered by it being an Origin story, you don't get full on Ironman until towards the end of the movie.

Everything a blockbuster needs and a decent start to the new Blockbuster season. Roll on a sequel.

7/10
Old 05-05-2008, 07:10 AM   #3225
King Silly

Blades of Glory

Absolutely Fantastic! Some might find this comedy bit stupid, but it hit the right spot on me. Will Ferrel's character was hilarious. I think it's safe to assume if you liked Zoolander, you'd like Blades of Glory as well. I don't laugh often even when I watch funny films, but this movie gave me many many laughs.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445934/
Old 05-05-2008, 10:56 AM   #3226
handsome

[.Rec]

For me it was funny as hell, seeing someone punch an old lady right in the face always cracks me up .
As for my friends (both girls) they were terrified, always jumping and stuff. People were screaming all over the place in the cinema hilarious.

I liked the movie, maybe if the story was set in USA or England or something like that I would have found the movie boring, but beeing in Spain it was actually refreshing and .. cool , especially since Portugal is mencioned .

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1038988/
Old 05-06-2008, 07:50 PM   #3227

Send a message via AIM to guyver1 Send a message via Yahoo to guyver1
Default Iron Man

yeah i haven't been on this site in a long time I was bored so I decided to look at everything I am with on the internet and update stuff about me . Anyways little off topic I saw iron man opening day it was just awesome best superhero movie so far. The next two movies i would like to see is the hulk 2 and punisher war zone even if Tom Jane is not going to reprise his role.

Last edited by guyver1; 05-06-2008 at 07:51 PM. Reason: typeO
Old 05-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #3228
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Fracture (2007)
Despite the best attempts of the DVD box art, this isn't another Hannibal Lector film (I already knew that, too), but it is enjoyable in a more-than-a-little-unlikely kind of way. And Anthony Hopkins is always watchable.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:22 AM   #3229
Psychonaut

Speed Racer

Probably a bit of a marmite movie. It will split the audience into love/hate, but I must admit I didn't hate it as much as I thought and actually enjoyed it at times.

Be prepared for a pastel coloured assault on the senses as this film is like watching a computer generated kaledescope at times.
The races are multicoloured, fast and furious as the cars flip, corkscrew and do some kind of strange car kung-fu to stay on the track. There is absolutly no basis in realistic physics in this movie. It really is a living cartoon.

Unfortunatly off the track things are a bit boring, the plot is wafer thin, the twist you see coming a mile off and Speed's family are a tad annoying (They certainly could have done without the not-funny comedy little brother and his monkey sidekick). Christina Ricci as the girlfriend is a cute as a button though so that's not bad.

It is all very fake and pointless. So why was I having fun .

I'm fairly sure this movie is like some kind of LSD fueled dream and any moment I'm going to get the withdrawl.

5/10

Trailer - http://speedracerthemovie.warnerbros.com/
Old 05-12-2008, 01:35 AM   #3230

I have just seen the movie *bordertown* about some factories in Mexico where some of the world's televisions and computers are made.

The best part of the movie was that both Jennifer Lopez and Antonio Banderas were in this movie.

My respect for them both just skyrocked 200% --- it is a very political movie...
Old 05-12-2008, 02:05 AM   #3231
In an evening of July...

Die Welle (The Wave)

I haven't read the book, but quite liked the movie. It wasn't as powerful as "Das Experiment", but still great, a well done portrayal of modern German youth, and of how little effort it takes to make a blind mob out of them. The teacher was very charismatic, and I sure would have enjoyed this kind of class myself - up to a certain point.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:00 PM   #3232
P&C Playa

Send a message via MSN to Djape

I 've watched a lot of movies lately... The best was Office Space,
Catch Me If You Can, Sugar Hill, The Substitute and Shade.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:57 AM   #3233
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuze View Post
Die Welle (The Wave)

I haven't read the book, but quite liked the movie. It wasn't as powerful as "Das Experiment", but still great, a well done portrayal of modern German youth, and of how little effort it takes to make a blind mob out of them. The teacher was very charismatic, and I sure would have enjoyed this kind of class myself - up to a certain point.
I have to see it, Das Experiment was extremely good.

Am I the only one who is is excited that Argento is making films in a very rapid pace these days? Can't wait to see Mothers of Tears and the upcoming Giallo.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:56 PM   #3234

Send a message via AIM to guyver1 Send a message via Yahoo to guyver1
Default getting read

to go watch the mist and first sunday at my friend jimmy's house. I heard the mist wasn't very good oh well i'll be finding out tonight.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:53 AM   #3235
In an evening of July...

Pi

Beautiful, very curious dark industrial/ambient soundtrack. And great ending, loved it.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:57 PM   #3236
Backsliding Pagan

I loved that film. Not perfect, but very, very good.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:19 PM   #3237
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I wanted to love it...I sooooo desperately wanted to love it...but I left feeling sad and disappointed. I feel like an asshole for saying that, like some pretentious jaded cynic who doesn't get the goofy fun of Indiana Jones movies, but I just didn't have a very good time watching it. There's too much CGI, the dialogue is stiff and most of the jokes fall flat, and it's just...not much fun. That's not to say it's a bad movie, I don't think it is, it's just not what I hoped for. I pray in time it'll grow on me because I want it to.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 05-23-2008, 06:59 PM   #3238
The Major Grubert.

Billy Bathgate
Old 05-24-2008, 12:52 AM   #3239
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Well, I can only say the same thing as samnandmax said.

I really was excited about this movie ever since they finally announced that they were going to make it. The trailers were good, all the pre-talk was soooo good.

But yesterday when I finally saw, holy crap it was a huge disappointment in every possible way.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:51 AM   #3240
Headbanger

I'm devastated. They have destroyed my childhood. I have to see it again though, it didn't feel totally terrible at times. But the magic from the first three movies are gone, but more then that they really managed to destroy the fundamentals of the series.