You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat London Explosions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2005, 12:34 PM   #61
Banned User

Group hugs are in order.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:21 PM   #62
Homer of Kittens

I'm really sorry and sad for what happened in London. I really hate it when innocent people die

But I'm a firm believer that violence will not solve this like Mr Bush said. Violence begets violence, and terrorists feed on that. Misery and anger, injustice and violence is breeding grounds for terrorist recruitment, and the answer should NOT BE violence again. It is a vicious cycle that you can never get out of. What will solve terrorism is compassion and support for the poor and needy that terrorists target, justice towards all human beings, and sharing their misery and pain. Love destroys terrorism not violence.

Firefox rules
Old 07-07-2005, 02:06 PM   #63
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Love destroys terrorism not violence.

That's all i'm saying.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:09 PM   #64
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars

That's all i'm saying.
Well obviously violence is not working

Firefox rules
Old 07-07-2005, 02:10 PM   #65
Epinionated.

What part of "open a new thread" do you guys not understand?
Old 07-07-2005, 02:11 PM   #66
Banned User

How many people from London are members of this site? It would be nice to hear from them.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:37 PM   #67
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

That was a really scary situation for a while - I have 2 friends who live and work in London and I wasn't able to get hold of them earlier
I eventually manged to contact their family members who confirmed that they were ok and were nowhere near the explosions

I'm not normally an emotional person, but watching the news reports this morning and then at lunchtime I really did feel sad for all the unfortunate people who were caught up in this atrocious act of terrorism
I know that living in Lancaster I am in no danger whatsoever, but you can't help feeling a little vulnerable when something like this happens
Old 07-07-2005, 03:38 PM   #68
merely human

My eyes brimmed with tears watching the news on CNN. I'm a huge advocate for public transportation and loved taking the Tube, and I've had marvelous experiences each time I was in London, with emphasis on the sweet Brits who I had met.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-07-2005, 03:48 PM   #69
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
My eyes brimmed with tears watching the news on CNN. I'm a huge advocate for public transportation and loved taking the Tube, and I've had marvelous experiences each time I was in London, with emphasis on the sweet Brits who I had met.
I can't begin to understand the emotions that these people must be going through right now - obviously its nowhere near as emotional as the 9/11 disaster in New York, but for the families who have been affected it must feel as of their whole world has been destroyed

I know this must sound really really selfish, but I am so glad that none of my friends or family have been affected by this disaster
Old 07-07-2005, 03:54 PM   #70
merely human

Human tragedy is human tragedy, no matter what scale it happens at. I remember you sweet Brits breaking down and crying for us Americans on 9/11. Part of why I myself broke down back then was from being touched by your sorrow for us, with your makeshift memorials to the WTC victims all over London and elsewhere in the U.K.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-07-2005, 04:05 PM   #71
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Human tragedy is human tragedy, no matter what scale it happens at. I remember you sweet Brits breaking down and crying for us Americans on 9/11. Part of why I myself broke down back then was from being touched by your sorrow for us, with your makeshift memorials to the WTC victims all over London and elsewhere in the U.K.

Trep - please stop posting about this, or maybe I should just log off, but every time I read your posts I can feel the tears starting to come - it reminds me of when I first heard the news about the Twin Towers - I was in my bookshop and my brother called me to let me know. I thought he was joking at first, and then I saw other peoples faces as they heard the news

I closed my shop and drove home to watch the news on Sky - it was heartbreaking to see the extent of the damage firsthand

I know that this is nowhere near the scale of that disaster but the emotion is the same - nobody wants to watch a news report about the senseless deaths of innocent people
Old 07-07-2005, 04:08 PM   #72
merely human

Okay, okay, I'll not make you or anyone else relive that hell.

(((((Manstud)))))

You should go make yourself some tea or something, open the windows and get some air.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:16 PM   #73
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Okay, okay, I'll not make you or anyone else relive that hell.

(((((Manstud)))))

You should go make yourself some tea or something, open the windows and get some air.

I'm fine now - I opened a bottle of wine, put on some music, and I feel a lot better

Now I can take anything - bring it on!!!!
Old 07-08-2005, 04:47 AM   #74
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

http://www.werenotafraid.com
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™
Old 07-08-2005, 05:51 AM   #75
Epinionated.

Jesus, how long has THAT been running?

Very cool, although I always balk at some of those photo's in these things. The cynic in me doesn't like it when the occasional photo throws in its own message or advert, although I completely appreciate the sentiment, naturally!
Old 07-08-2005, 06:02 AM   #76
Psychonaut

The most requested song on Radio 1 this morning was Chumbawumba "tubthumping"

I get knocked down I get up again
You aint never going to get me down.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:04 AM   #77
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Jesus, how long has THAT been running?
Not very long. It keeps phasing out, though, the server can't handle the requests it's getting very well. I assume it'll get worse yet over the day. But anyway, it's good that it exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Very cool, although I always balk at some of those photo's in these things. The cynic in me doesn't like it when the occasional photo throws in its own message or advert, although I completely appreciate the sentiment, naturally!
Same. And the cynic in me finds the site jinxes itself. But I'm being intentionally ignorant of that and I sent in a photo and some (admittedly abstract) words of support myself.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Trademark Overuser™
Old 07-08-2005, 06:06 AM   #78
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21
The most requested song on Radio 1 this morning was Chumbawumba "tubthumping"

I get knocked down I get up again
You aint never going to get me down.
Very fitting. And an awesome song.

Coincidentially I haven't heard from my King's Cross friends yet. But something in me, since having calmed down, is telling me they're on holiday, rather than amongst those who upped the bodycount. I hope it at least.

Trademark Overuser™
Old 07-08-2005, 06:16 AM   #79
Psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgothic
Very fitting. And an awesome song.

Coincidentially I haven't heard from my King's Cross friends yet. But something in me, since having calmed down, is telling me they're on holiday, rather than amongst those who upped the bodycount. I hope it at least.

I'll keep my fingers crossed Pinkgothic.

I hope they are sunning themselves on a beach someplace.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:33 AM   #80
Banned User

I'm not worried. The people of GB survived the Battle of Britain, they can survive this as well.