You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat London Explosions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2005, 07:18 AM   #41
S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Send a message via MSN to Talas

This is a terrible day for you guys in London, my condolences to all the victims and their families.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:39 AM   #42
with extra cheese!

My best friend and her family are in London right now... still waiting to hear if they're ok.
and all the signs that should show me what's right and what's wrong have been knocked down, shaken and smothered by previous lovers and non-descript others like me, who don't know what it's for, all I know is that I want more.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:47 AM   #43
Dread Pirate

I just don't understand the ideology of the people who did this. What do they think this accomplishes? Murdering innocent people? Where is the sense in that? How can they value their own cause and way of life, and at the same time think that someone else's -- who is just an innocent bystander -- doesn't have the same worth? It's just senseless.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:47 AM   #44
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I want to wake up, and find that all this was just a terrible dream...

...only I'm afraid that it's not going to happen.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 07-07-2005, 07:49 AM   #45
with extra cheese!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapter11studios
I just don't understand the ideology of the people who did this. What do they think this accomplishes? Murdering innocent people? Where is the sense in that? How can they value their own cause and way of life, and at the same time think that someone else's -- who is just an innocent bystander -- doesn't have the same worth? It's just senseless.
I agree. And if it's the Al Qaeda, as some people suspect, then they really need to find a new way to prove whatever point they're trying to make, because murdering people is getting old.
and all the signs that should show me what's right and what's wrong have been knocked down, shaken and smothered by previous lovers and non-descript others like me, who don't know what it's for, all I know is that I want more.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:53 AM   #46

I can't say I know any people in London. I think I've got a second-cousin or something, but I don't know her that well.

George Bush: 'the war on terror goes on'
I am getting really worried about the world we're creating.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:32 AM   #47
gin soaked boy

I just realized what happened.

That's what happens when you live without television, seldom buy papers and follow mostly gaming oriented news sites.

Hope everyone is fine.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:10 AM   #48
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I didn't know anything about this until I went to a local market after work. Again so many innocent people die...

And I've got a trip to London waiting for me in October, stuff like this happening does scare me a bit...
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:15 AM   #49
DAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapter11studios
They don't have tanks and missiles to get their point across like brits or americans. They fight the way they can. Call me a monster, but I see no difference between what they do and what "soldiers" do. They're both murderers.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:26 AM   #50
merely human

My heart goes out to the families and friends of those who died. I don't really know what else to say. If only I could....be there to give my fellow souls in London a hug and some comfort.

We're all in this together, we suffer together.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-07-2005, 12:10 PM   #51
Psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbert
They don't have tanks and missiles to get their point across like brits or americans. They fight the way they can. Call me a monster, but I see no difference between what they do and what "soldiers" do. They're both murderers.

Ehhh Soldiers don't attack civilians.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:10 PM   #52
merely human

I'm watching CNN right now. At least 700 injured - anything from scrapes and lacerations to severed limbs and those in critical condition.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-07-2005, 12:12 PM   #53
Dread Pirate

Quote:
Monster.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:15 PM   #54
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21
...If that is the definition, then many people referred to as soldiers are actually terrorists. Think, for example, about rapings of civilians committed by soldiers in World War 2.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:18 PM   #55
DAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21
More like they shouldn't.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:19 PM   #56
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfegg
I can't say I know any people in London. I think I've got a second-cousin or something, but I don't know her that well.

George Bush: 'the war on terror goes on'
I am getting really worried about the world we're creating.
Ah, yes, I see your point. We should just let people blow us up, and do nothing about it. Good idea.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:21 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
Ah, yes, I see your point. We should just let people blow us up, and do nothing about it. Good idea.
Please, folks, let's not turn this thread into a political debate. We can do so later but now is not the right time and this thread is not the right spot to do that in.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:30 PM   #58
merely human

Quote:
Catbert, you really need to get over your stereotyping, it throws a spotlight on your ignorance. Not ALL soldiers are murderers, you know. There are times when THERE IS NO CHOICE BUT TO DEFEND YOUR BELIEFS AND YOUR WAY OF LIFE. Yes, DEFEND. The military is many countries' answer to protection. Got it? Protection. Often times a-holes will never listen to negotiations and pleas to talk peacefully over differences. How do you expect a country to deal with that? By just sitting there and allowing those a-holes to 'talk' to them by murdering innocent civilians?

And if you want to keep arguing about it, please start your own thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
tempsie, I know you're upset about this, but can we please grieve for our murdered friends without propagating another yelling match? Thanks.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:32 PM   #59
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Catbert, you really need to get over your stereotyping, it throws a spotlight on your ignorance. Not ALL soldiers are murderers, you know. There are times when THERE IS NO CHOICE BUT TO DEFEND YOUR BELIEFS AND YOUR WAY OF LIFE. Yes, DEFEND. The military is many countries' answer to protection. Got it? Protection. Often times a-holes will never listen to negotiations and pleas to talk peacefully over differences. How do you expect a country to deal with that? By just sitting there and allowing those a-holes to 'talk' to them by murdering innocent civilians?

And if you want to keep arguing about it, please start your own thread.

tempsie, I know you're upset about this, but can we please grieve for our murdered friends without propagating another yelling match? Thanks.
I'm done. I just have too much love for the UK
Old 07-07-2005, 12:33 PM   #60
merely human

I know your pain. I love my Brit friends, too.