You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The [art of] flirting thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2005, 08:36 AM   #41
pain is love

I don't really flirt, just wear my SPICE GIRLS fan t-shirt when I'm going out. It's better than pheromones

On a more serious note, I do wear that t-shirt, and have a few more that make me "stand out" of the crowd a bit. Than, when a girl notices her you can do almost everything just by looking at each other... (of course if my rough appearance doesn't scare her away . And when she actually sees me in my hairy self, she's got nowhere to run ).

There are more old drunks then old doctors. - Willie Nelson

by_100ja
Old 01-22-2005, 08:43 AM   #42
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgothic
Edit: Oh, and, I'm going to be gone for a month now. Cheers people. *glomps Trep and wormsie* I'm availible via eMail if anyone wants to harrass me, or via BoyToy. *G*
Awww! *huggie* A month is a terribly long time...

Man, I should change my nick to Wormsie permanently. Deadworm was semi-randomly picked from Grim Fandango, and out of depression and feeling of self-mockery... Hmmm. Is it possible to change your nick?

Actually, better not. If I change it to Wormsie, people will shorten it to Worm, and that's not at all as cute and cuddly as Wormsie. Even Jake called me Wormsie, though I think it was an accident...

Last edited by deadworm222; 01-22-2005 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:12 AM   #43
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyConfused
This is REALLY interesting LauraMac because I once had a (male, married) FRENCH friend explain to me that this is the attitude of the French toward flirting.
Funny, I thought the French attitude toward flirting was to try and make the other person feel inferior...then surrender.

mag
Old 01-22-2005, 10:15 AM   #44
Curiouser and curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
Funny, I thought the French attitude toward flirting was to try and make the other person feel inferior...then surrender.
I would love to respond to this mag but any answer I could make would only earn me a bunch of

s

from the French members of our community.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:18 AM   #45
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Quote:
I would love to respond to this mag but any answer I could make would only earn me a bunch of

s

Don't worry. I'm sure Ninth will pan me enough for both of us.

mag
Old 01-22-2005, 11:44 AM   #46
Bearly Here

Well I think you are just being silly, The french flirt wonderfully well.

"Come on Ninth, let's go to that cafe, sip sweet drinks very slowly and whisper secrets"
Old 01-22-2005, 12:06 PM   #47
Statement: Not a meatbag.

Send a message via AIM to Royal Fool Send a message via MSN to Royal Fool

I don't have any experience with girls at all, they never show me interest (Then again, I'm not exactly the most social type around). Not that it matters, all the girls are always taken. And I'm not lacking in the bumbling/shy department, either.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:52 PM   #48
comfortably numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Flirting, I believe, is in a sense the art of just being your own charming self.
Very true, and as also stated here it's more interesting to have a continuing 'flirt relationship' with someone than to just jump into his/her bed (former in my case) and end it all, even if it is a satisfying end.

I really like flirting, should I find myself in such a situation, because it gives an ego boost - 'Hey, someone's interested in me'. Now, that probably sounds feeble and uninspired but I'm actually very shy to engage eye contact in bars and clubs (which after all are the places where most flirting happens - or have I missed something? :eek: ).

(Hmm, my English isn't really flowing tonight, so what I said above sounds silly but I hope the message gets through...)
Old 01-22-2005, 02:09 PM   #49
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordmaster
I really like flirting, should I find myself in such a situation, because it gives an ego boost - 'Hey, someone's interested in me'. Now, that probably sounds feeble and uninspired but I'm actually very shy to engage eye contact in bars and clubs (which after all are the places where most flirting happens - or have I missed something? :eek: ).
I flirt with people during lectures, but I have a feeling it's entirely one-sided. That kind of strange behaviour is just typical of me.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:26 PM   #50
comfortably numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadworm222
I flirt with people during lectures, but I have a feeling it's entirely one-sided. That kind of strange behaviour is just typical of me.
I just stare at the gorgeous bois in the lectures and if they happen to look my way immediately avert my eyes...
Old 01-22-2005, 02:32 PM   #51
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordmaster
I just stare at the gorgeous bois in the lectures and if they happen to look my way immediately avert my eyes...
That's what I meant. But sometimes... they look back at you after a while, and then you can look at them again, and then it's their turn to look away...

And so it continues, and before you know it the lecture has ended and it's just the two of you in the classroom and...

Wait, that last part is totally of my own imagination. Yeah, it doesn't work.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:51 PM   #52
Doctor Watson

But my previous posts should explain why I don't learn anything at lectures. Laskuharjoitukset aren't that bad, though some real cuties attend those, too. Mmm....
Old 01-22-2005, 02:53 PM   #53
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsie
Very true, and as also stated here it's more interesting to have a continuing 'flirt relationship' with someone than to just jump into his/her bed (former in my case) and end it all, even if it is a satisfying end.
Mmmmm, tell me about it. .........Seriously..... < leans closer to Swords > ....tell me....about it.

Quote:
Historically I've never been the one to strike up a conversation, and that's because I'm horribly shy myself. I practically never go to parties anymore (I'm a hermit these days), but if I'm at one I just sit in the corner with my drink and look at people. At bars I stare at the liquor bottles and talk to the bartenders, anything than having to catch someone' eyes.

But those moments are exactly when people will come up to me and try to engage me, and I have no choice but to be friendly (I can't very well just tell 'em to fvck off, can I?). Soon after I naturally get interested in them as people (not necessarily as a one night stand or other), I relax, and then......I flirt.

Quote:
(Hmm, my English isn't really flowing tonight, so what I said above sounds silly but I hope the message gets through...)
< raise single eyebrow at Swordsie and smiles suggestively > What's wrong, Swordsman? Cat got your tongue? Hmmm, lucky bastard, that cat. But then he'd never be able to do what I'd like to do with it.

Quote:
I flirt with people during lectures, but I have a feeling it's entirely one-sided.
That sounds like something Woody Allen would say!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-22-2005, 03:02 PM   #54
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Historically I've never been the one to strike up a conversation, and that's because I'm horribly shy myself. I practically never go to parties anymore (I'm a hermit these days), but if I'm at one I just sit in the corner with my drink and look at people. At bars I stare at the liquor bottles and talk to the bartenders, anything than having to catch someone' eyes.
That sounds like something I would do!

Quote:
I can't very well just tell 'em to fvck off, can I?
I think my subconscious triggers that kind of a reaction in me. Probably has something to do with my traumatic teenage years. Damn, I wish I just knew how to have some fun... for a change.

Quote:
That sounds like something Woody Allen would say!
What! WHAT! What do you mean?!?! Ohmygodohmygod, panic attack, panic attack.... *wormsie hyperventilates and collapses on the floor, twitching*
Old 01-22-2005, 03:11 PM   #55
comfortably numb

Quote:
Mmmmm, tell me about it. .........Seriously..... < leans closer to Swords > ....tell me....about it.
Oh Trep, you're always such a tease... But a very... sensuous... tease...

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's the 'pid again
< raise single eyebrow at Swordsie and smiles suggestively > What's wrong, Swordsman? Cat got your tongue? Hmmm, lucky bastard, that cat. But then he'd never be able to do what I'd like to do with it.
:eek:
Old 01-22-2005, 03:42 PM   #56
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordstud
:eek:

Quote:
As for me, I flirt too much. The problem with this is that it happens subconsciously, so I've no idea what exactly I do to flirt. So, I can't really contribute much to this thread.
"Too much of a good thing is wonderful." - Mae West

Quote:
But I can say this: Trep, that story you spoke of where the guy went on apologizing - I envy you bunches for such an encounter. Lovely.
After he left I felt so guilty , but immediately after that I was laughing inside. I'm so eeeeebil.

Quote:
Edit: Oh, and, I'm going to be gone for a month now. Cheers people. *glomps Trep and wormsie* I'm availible via eMail if anyone wants to harrass me, or via BoyToy. *G*
Enjoy yourself, you hot little flirt.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-22-2005, 04:59 PM   #57
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

As I said before - flirting's fine - I have no problems with that. All my best friends are girls and I always feel more comfortable around them.
The main problem I have is taking it to the next level - I never seem to be able to read the signals correctly. If I'm getting on well with someone and they're laughing at my comments I usually end up making a quick exit because I've got the wrong idea.
The girls I really like only want to be "friends"
The girls I'm not bothered about are the ones that are usually interested (go figure... )
Old 01-22-2005, 06:31 PM   #58

Quote:

s

Tsk tsk tsk, I certainly wouldn't pan such a deliciously easily confused young lady...

But...

mag
Old 01-22-2005, 06:34 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMac
Well I think you are just being silly, The french flirt wonderfully well.

"Come on Ninth, let's go to that cafe, sip sweet drinks very slowly and whisper secrets"
Ah, nothing like flirting in cafes... soft lights, soft music, cocktails, and complicity. That's the real thing.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:39 PM   #60
Curiouser and curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
Tsk tsk tsk, I certainly wouldn't pan such a deliciously easily confused young lady...
Thank you, Ninth. Now there are some French flirting skills at work, my friends.

LauraMac, I think the French are consummate flirts. The problem is that my somewhat less flirtatious nature found it a bit overwhelming. To be flirted with while asking for ketchup from the teller at McDonald's seemed unecessary . . . multiply that by almost every interaction you have, and by the end of the day, someone like me wants to go hide! :eek:

(Someone like Trep is in heaven. )