You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat I finally came out to my brother :)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2004, 11:32 AM   #61
Doctor Watson

< filthy dirty mind >
Old 11-18-2004, 12:56 PM   #62
merely human

< checks out wormsie's dirty mind >

...oh baby! let's get a room!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-18-2004, 01:12 PM   #63
Doctor Watson

You won't try to sacrifice me to your gods this time?

And definitely, teach me how to French-kiss...
Old 11-18-2004, 01:15 PM   #64
merely human

Nope. This time it's strictly secular!

And when you're with the perfect partner you can French kiss for hours!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-19-2004, 04:27 AM   #65
Doctor Watson

OK, I think the actual topic of this thread has got lost now... So once again, thanks everybody.

Now, let's get back to dirty minds.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:41 AM   #66
Mostly absent

< dirty mind >
Old 11-19-2004, 06:11 PM   #67
Resident AG Ninja

Send a message via ICQ to TigerShard Send a message via AIM to TigerShard

Curiosity kills... are you out to everyone but your family?

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'
Old 11-19-2004, 06:21 PM   #68
merely human

No, just his brother for now. Mom and Dad are gonna be a pain, but it'll be fine once they get over the fact that only one son will bear them grandkids.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:36 PM   #69
Doctor Watson

I might tell my parents that I'm gay, but I will NEVER tell my dad that I don't believe in God.

Or Santa Claus.

He wouldn't stand it.

Last edited by deadworm222; 11-19-2004 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:42 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadworm222
A NOTE FOR OUR NEWBIES: For those who are not in the know: Adventure Gamers is also known as Adventure Gaymers. A few years ago a coming out -message a day was pretty ordinary, as were dirty minds...
Haha, true, true I always suspected playing adventure games were a bit.. gay. Oh well, congratulations on your out-coming experience!
Old 11-20-2004, 05:07 AM   #71
A Servicable Villain

Quote:
You BREEDER! I'll whack you in the head with my Gucci-handbag!

EDIT: Having read your rant... You should have just come out of the closet. Less embarrassing all round
Looking back at it, it would have been infinitely less embarrassing. Gotta get my macho act together some more in the future. Maybe if I started writing like BA would talk, I'd win back the rezpect~a of my audience
Old 11-20-2004, 05:53 AM   #72
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerShard
Curiosity kills... are you out to everyone but your family?
Actually, I found out that the leader of my freshman group reads my livejournal, so if she can deduce that 1+1=gay...

You can never know when straight people are in question, though.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:52 AM   #73
Mostly absent

Quote:
I might tell my parents that I'm gay, but I will NEVER tell my dad that I don't believe in God.

Or Santa Claus.

He wouldn't stand it.
Yeah, I know. Santa Claus is a very touchy subject in Finland.
Old 11-20-2004, 09:35 AM   #74
Resident AG Ninja

Quote:
Actually, I found out that the leader of my freshman group reads my livejournal, so if she can deduce that 1+1=gay...

You can never know when straight people are in question, though.
Livejournals are very interesting. I have a few friends who read my livejournal that don't know I'm gay, yet it is right there in my interests. Of course they don't get to see some of my friends only posts, so its not right there in their face.

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'
Old 11-20-2004, 01:01 PM   #75
Doctor Watson

What did I tell you, Adventure Gaymers has a gay quota. When one leaves, another one will soon appear. Also, I'm interested; are you out to your family?

I don't consider any of my "friends" worthy of coming out of the closet. Truth to be told, the amount of real life friends I have at the moment is zero, which is kinda sad.

Anyway: I met my brother today. I noticed that I felt more confident, for some strange reason. Maybe because there was nothing to be afraid of.

Last edited by deadworm222; 11-20-2004 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-20-2004, 02:24 PM   #76
merely human

Maybe it's because someone told your brother that gay guys attract a lot of beautiful lady friends and he has to be super nice to you now or he'll never get to meet them.
Old 11-20-2004, 02:52 PM   #77
Resident AG Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Maybe it's because someone told your brother that gay guys attract a lot of beautiful lady friends and he has to be super nice to you now or he'll never get to meet them.
It is totally true! A few semesters ago I had to do a group project in one of my psychology classes. I was grouped with this pretty blond woman, and this middle eastern guy who thought he was too hot for his shirt. He was obviously attracted to her, but after the project was done, the girl and I became study buddies for the rest of the semester, and he was left wondering how a geek like me got the girl

Old 11-20-2004, 03:08 PM   #78
Doctor Watson

That has never happened to me yet. When I was around 12 I occasionally had a hard time getting on with girls. I didn't understand why I was supposed to treat them with respect if they didn't treat ME with respect.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:11 PM   #79
Under pressure.

Quote:
I didn't understand why I was supposed to treat them with respect if they didn't treat ME with respect.
You're supposed to respect people who don't respect you? Well, that's new for you and me both, buddy

--Erwin
Old 11-20-2004, 03:13 PM   #80
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormcakes
That has never happened to me yet. When I was around 12 I occasionally had a hard time getting on with girls. I didn't understand why I was supposed to treat them with respect if they didn't treat ME with respect.
Oh don't worry, you hot leetle stud muffin. Soon all the pretty girls will be fighting over you. Didn't you know? A gay best friend these days is one of the ultimate fashion accessories to have. Even hip straight guys know this!

On that note, if may I again indulge in a bit of celebratory bringing up:

"Gay boyfriend, gay boyfriend...."