You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Adventure Game Trading Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2008, 06:26 PM   #41
Occasionally around...

Send a message via Yahoo to MystGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
My updated lists of AGs. I'll split them in sections.

Section: the very old. Those games surely don't work on XP.
  1. Sorcerers get all the girls
  2. Spellcasting party pak. All three spellcasting games: Sorcerers get all the girls, The sorcerer's appliance, and Spring break, together on a CD, in a box with maps and a hint book.
  3. Dragon lore
  4. The lately deceased Arthur C. Clarke's Rama

Section: the old. Your mileage may vary.
  1. Dune (apparently very bad; I never played it)
  2. Starship Titanic (Dutch box but the game and manual are in English)
  3. Zork Grand Inquisitor
  4. Odyssee: the search for Ulysses
  5. Atlantis II (in a box without the wrapping)
  6. Secret of the Nautilus

Section: the (fairly) new. These should run on XP without problems.
  1. Post Mortem
  2. Syberia II
  3. Bad Mojo

That's it!

Do you still have Post Mortem?

Maybe I've got something I can give you for it. I still have the first Syberia (Xbox version, but I think you've played both. Hope you liked them!)

I've got Riddle Of The Sphinx
Nancy Drew, Treasure in The Royal Tower
Nancy Drew, Secrets can Kill
Myst Revelation (Xbox version)
Riven (Playstation 1 version, but will play on a PS2)
Dark Fall The Journal
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (Xbox version)
Myst III: Exile
Echo Night Beyond (Playstation 2 version)
Clue Chronicles: Fatal Illusion (this requires an online patch to fix some glitches)
Myst Uru Ages Beyond Myst
Myst Uru Path To The Shell with To D'ni (you must have Uru Ages Beyond Myst installed first to be able to play this expansion pack)

I'll also trade movies for games. I have a Basic Instinct, The Powerpuff Girls movie, Spawn (animated version from 1997), Animal Farm (animated movie based on George Orwell novel), Best Of The Muppet Show 25th Anniversary edition

Let me know if you'd part with Post Mortem for any of these. If not, thanks anyway. I loved Still Life so I'd like to play Post Mortem eventually.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:21 PM   #42
tsa
Playing character

Yes, I still have Post Mortem. Let me trade it for Riddle of the Sphinx, OK? That looks like an interesting game to me. I still must have your address somewhere so I can send PM today.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:09 PM   #43
Occasionally around...

Cool!

I'll PM you my address. I had yours somewhere too, but can't figure out where I put it. PM me your address again.

Thanks tsa.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:06 PM   #44
tsa
Playing character

OK! I'll send it this weekend or Monday.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:56 PM   #45
tsa
Playing character

My updated lists of AGs, per 9/13/2008. I'll split them in sections.

Section: the very old. Those games surely don't work on XP.
  1. Sorcerers get all the girls
  2. Spellcasting party pak. All three spellcasting games: Sorcerers get all the girls, The sorcerer's appliance, and Spring break, together on a CD, in a box with maps and a hint book.
  3. Dragon lore
  4. The lately deceased Arthur C. Clarke's Rama

Section: the old. Your mileage may vary.
  1. Dune (apparently very bad; I never played it)
  2. Starship Titanic (Dutch box but the game and manual are in English)
  3. Zork Grand Inquisitor
  4. Odyssee: the search for Ulysses
  5. Atlantis II (in a box without the wrapping)
  6. Secret of the Nautilus

1. Syberia II
  2. Bad Mojo

That's it!
Old 10-24-2008, 05:19 PM   #46

Default Amber: Journeys Beyond for MAC

Does anyone have Amber: Journeys Beyond for the Mac? I can't find this game anywhere.

I only have COD4 for 360 to trade. All my pc adventure games are not in my possession right now. I moved to Cali and the games are back home in NJ.

If someone in the Los Angeles area has it or even the pc version (I have to track down a pc to play it on then) I am willing to do that. Let me know!

-d
Old 10-24-2008, 10:31 PM   #47
tsa
Playing character

If you have a modern Mac running OSX you can forget about playing Amber on the Mac. The Classic environment is not supported anymore, so you can't run OS9 software on the Mac anymore. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I fell into that trap once. You can run Windows on modern Intel Macs of course, but I guess you know that.

Edit: I see you joined in 2005 and the above is your first post?! Amazing! I would have forgotten my password long ago. I'm impressed .

Last edited by tsa; 10-24-2008 at 10:34 PM. Reason: I'm impressed.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:34 AM   #48
Occasionally around...

Thanks for Post Mortem tsa. I really enjoyed that game. I didn't want to get Still Life 2 yet, till I had played Post Mortem as well as the original Still Life.

I need to update my list, since I've played some traded games recently.

Current list to trade is...

PC games:

Road To India (French Version, includes box and manual)
Myst Uru: The Path of The Shell expansion pack, with To D'ni (includes box and manual) You must have Myst Uru: Ages Beyond Myst installed first, to be able to install this expansion pack
Myst Uru: Ages Beyond Myst (includes box and manual)
Post Mortm (includes box and manual)
NiBiRu: Age Of Secrets (includes box and manual)
Nancy Drew Mystery 7: Ghost Dogs Of Moon Lake (includes box and manual)
Nancy Drew Mystery 5: The Final Scene (original CD case only, and manual)
Nancy Drew Mystery 3: Message In A Haunted Mansion (original CD case only along with manual)
Nancy Drew Mystery 1: Secrets Can Kill (original CD case only along with manual)
Clue Chronicles: Fatal Illusion (game requires patch from internet to fix some glitches, game is from 1999)
Dark Fall: The Journal (no box or manual, only game CD in a plain jewel case)

XBox games:

Myst IV: Revelation
(no original box or manual, only game CD in a plain jewel case)
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (no original box or manual, game CD in a plain game case)

Playstation 2 games:

Echo Night Beyond (game in original game case along with manual)

Freebees:

Amerzone
/ This game freezes on me. I can't get past the freeze point. (the freeze point is pretty early on in the game) If you think you can fix it or resurface the disk, I'll throw it in for free, no trade for it required. I hate to see a game go to waste just because I can't "fix" it. It was created by the guy who did the Syberia games. The game includes original box and manual.

Sherlock Holmes (1989-91) This is an old game and I'm not computer savvy enough to figure out how to get it to play on Windows XP. If you think you can get it to play, it's yours. Might require an emmulator to play like the SCUMM-VM or DOSBOX.

King's Quest V (1996) I couldn't figure out how to get this one to play on Windows XP. If you want it, it's yours. Might require an emmulator to play, like the SCUMM-VM

Noctropolis (1994) This game is MS-DOS based I believe. It might require a DOSBOX emmulator to play. I actually wanted to play this one badly, but I couldn't get my system compatible with it. If you think you can, it's yours.

Last edited by MystGirl; 11-16-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:43 PM   #49
Stalker of Britain

Hey Myst Girl and tsa!!! I am timid looking at this thread, because I cling to most of my games because I like them. I had a question, though, about price; international shipping is horribly expensive to go over seas. I'm from the US, and about how much do you think it would cost? Is it worth it?

I am willing to trade: Seven Games of the Soul. It's in good condition, case only. Also, I have The Forgotten that's a small prequel game that never continued, good condition, case and manual. I could never figure out how to MOVE in that game, so if anyone knows, be my guest. Both are for PC.

I would be more than happy to see these go. I don't really know what I would like, so if anyone wants these, go ahead and offer something-adventure game, please. But please keep in mind that I am not sure yet whether I can afford it, so please bare with me. Myst Girl-I'm kind of interested in Amerzone and Sherlock Holmes, but I'm not sure. And for you, I heard you were looking for the original Uru to play your extension. I have the original, but I kind of like having it. I could let you borrow it, maybe...what do you think?
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 12-20-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #50
Occasionally around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Hey Myst Girl and tsa!!! I am timid looking at this thread, because I cling to most of my games because I like them. I had a question, though, about price; international shipping is horribly expensive to go over seas. I'm from the US, and about how much do you think it would cost? Is it worth it?

I am willing to trade: Seven Games of the Soul. It's in good condition, case only. Also, I have The Forgotten that's a small prequel game that never continued, good condition, case and manual. I could never figure out how to MOVE in that game, so if anyone knows, be my guest. Both are for PC.

I would be more than happy to see these go. I don't really know what I would like, so if anyone wants these, go ahead and offer something-adventure game, please. But please keep in mind that I am not sure yet whether I can afford it, so please bare with me. Myst Girl-I'm kind of interested in Amerzone and Sherlock Holmes, but I'm not sure. And for you, I heard you were looking for the original Uru to play your extension. I have the original, but I kind of like having it. I could let you borrow it, maybe...what do you think?

Hey hon! Sorry, I haven't been on here in awhile. I'm not on the computer nearly as much these days as I used to be.

Actually, I have the original URU game. The only Myst game I still haven't finished is Myst V and I'm currently working on it.

If you want Sherlock Holmes and Amerzon, you don't have to give me anything for trade. I'd just send them to you. Amerzone freezes and Sherlock Holmes is not agreeing with my computer. I couldn't figure out how to get it to play. So you're more then welcome to both, if you want them.

However, due to all the snow storms we've been getting and horrible driving conditions, it can take me awhile to get to the post office. Privage message me your mailing address again, and I can send them off some time this week.

Old 12-21-2008, 04:16 PM   #51
Stalker of Britain

Hey. Sorry about that. I thought I had read earlier in the thread that you didn't have the original and wanted to play it. My bad, thought I'd offer. My dear, you are so amazing, but won't that cost you a lot of money to send them to me?! lol I'll PM you.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 01-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #52
Occasionally around...

Shipping is minimal since you live in the States. It doesn't cost me much at all. I sent a reply. Sorry for delay.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:50 PM   #53
Occasionally around...

Sorry Katie. I've been seriously slacking. Sent games today.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:45 PM   #54
Stalker of Britain

Oh, it's alright. I appreciate you doing this for me. Well, my games have both gone that I mentioned earlier. lol
Old 01-24-2009, 08:18 PM   #55
Headbanger

Quote:
  1. Bad Mojo
Is that the Redux-version of Bad Mojo?
Old 01-25-2009, 09:02 AM   #56
tsa
Playing character

Yes.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #57
Headbanger

Quote:
Yes.
What do you want for it? This is adventure games that I have up for trade at the top of my head.

The Moment Of Silence
Dracula Resurrection
Jack Orlando
Midnight Nowhere
Dragon Lore II
Kingdom O' Magic
Red Jack
The Riddle of Master Lu

Last edited by Henke; 01-27-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:21 PM   #58
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke View Post
What do you want for it? This is adventure games that I have up for trade at the top of my head.

The Moment Of Silence
Dracula Resurrection
Jack Orlando
Midnight Nowhere
Dragon Lore II
Kingdom O' Magic
Red Jack
The Riddle of Master Lu
It's a pity that I have Moment of Silence already because I don't find anything to my liking in the rest of the list. Sorry
Old 01-27-2009, 02:46 PM   #59
Headbanger

Quote:
It's a pity that I have Moment of Silence already because I don't find anything to my liking in the rest of the list. Sorry
That's to bad. I dug around in my collection some more but I only found a few more games that I have up for trade.

The Black Mirror
Journey to the Center of the Earth
The Gene Machine

These are only CD:s:

King's Quest V
Police Quest: Open Season
Myst

If you're looking for any special game then let me know and I will see what I can do.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:12 PM   #60
tsa
Playing character

Well if you can find Riddle of the Sphinx II: The Omega Stone for me, that would be nice.