You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2008, 09:30 AM   #2481
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

1. Yes.
  2. Umm.. I don't know if I particularly like being touched by anyone specific at present.
  3. Jealousy, I guess. Though what gets to me more is when they're on a bus sorta leaning on each other. I'd like that- the bus rides are always long and on uncomfortable seats.

================================================== =======

1. How many e-mail addresses have you ever had?
  2. If you could bring any one TV show back from the "dead", which one would it be?
  3. Is there anything you'd like to study, but never got around to?
Old 11-21-2008, 07:52 PM   #2482
Evil Incarnate

1. Hm, that's a tough one, actually. Let's say about ten.
2. Just one? The thing is, the shows I've enjoyed the most, I think might just be best left dead. For example, I think a show like Six Feet Under would suffer if resurrected. Maybe The X-Files (with Dogget/Reyes as supporting characters) would be something, or Firefly (ignoring the storyline of the movie).
3. When is it too late to study anything? I still learn stuff I want to learn. The other day I felt like reading about phenomenology, I went and bought a book about it, and read it. I never put myself in a position where I can't get enough time to read or learn things (and by that I mean on a certain level), and I never will. I've studied a lot of stuff (university) over the years, and I've worked a couple of years in between (and at the same time). I've always lived like a bum (relatively speaking, of course, I live simple and small), and used all my money on books, instruments (and sound equipment), camera's and camera equipment; and I'm pretty sure I always will (if I need to). I have no desire to become a slave just to live like other people expect me to.

In terms of things that I'm pretty sure I'm not going to study on a level only attainable by academic employment: a lot of things. The list would be too long. Philosophy and medicine might be on the top of the list.

-----

1. Who (in the world) is the producer of your favorite vocal sound (and or noise)?
2. What is the most soothing sound you know of?
3. Say someone cured aging, in a practical sense, right now, CNN was about to break the story, it would be on in five minutes. It would involve a relatively simple procedure, but it would be time consuming and pretty costly. What do you think would have happened in the following days?
Old 12-05-2008, 09:43 PM   #2483
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkor View Post
1. Who (in the world) is the producer of your favorite vocal sound (and or noise)?
3. Say someone cured aging, in a practical sense, right now, CNN was about to break the story, it would be on in five minutes. It would involve a relatively simple procedure, but it would be time consuming and pretty costly. What do you think would have happened in the following days?
1. That depends on when you ask me. I find Jens Lekman has a very listenable voice, and the noise he makes next to it is also quite agreeable.

2. The music that is played around the Library in Uru/Myst Online.

3. I don't think it would have a spectacular effect on the world in that short a period of time. Peope are too preoccupied with the current financial crisis, and anyways a new method like that will have to be standardized for use in hospitals all over the world.

------------

1. Most of us here can be considered pretty creative. Have you ever got negative critique about your work from friends or family?

2. How do you usually handle criticism about your work (either professional work or work done as a hobby)?

3. How do you try to improve the quality of your work?
Old 12-08-2008, 10:29 AM   #2484
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

1. Sure have.
2. I try to figure out why. If it's a very subjective "I don't like it" sort of criticism, I tend to ignore it. If it's criticism I deem constructive (which usually comes from fellow creative people), I'll take it into account and figure out how I can make my future work better.
3. By doing lots of it and getting practice.

1. Would you honestly like to live forever, if given the opportunity?
2. How has the current economic recession affected you personally?
3. Which question is more important to you: "where did we come from?" or "where are we going?"
Old 12-08-2008, 04:40 PM   #2485

1. Actually, I'm somewhat scared of that actually becoming a reality.

Really, it would depend on a bunch of things. If I could become young forever, I probably would take the opportunity. If I would become immortal but not invulnerable, ie. still able to die through violence, I guess I'd take it. If I was the only person who had this opportunity, I think I'd be obligated to take it. If I was not invulnerable, but merely was forced to remain in safe environments, I think I'd pass it up. Side effects generally could swing the deal.

2. Not much, as far as I can tell.
3. The later, for one thing it's a lot harder to find answers for.

---

1. If you could chose one specific aging effect to not have to worry about, what would it be?
2. If you could chose one means of death to be immune to, which one?
3. If you were told to chose how you would die, how would you answer?

Spoiler:
I think almost certainly brain deterioration will be the answer to #1.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:22 AM   #2486
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
  1. How many e-mail addresses have you ever had?
  2. If you could bring any one TV show back from the "dead", which one would it be?
  3. Is there anything you'd like to study, but never got around to?
1. Eight that I've actively used for any length of time.
2. Farscape.
3. Computer Animation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkor View Post
1. Peter Gabriel.
2. The hush of gentle snowfall.
3. Economic collapse. Decay. Rioting. Looting. The poor being mowed down as they tried to storm the gates of the rich. Or, you know, nothing much, because really, most of us couldn't afford to live forever, even if we could get the procedure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
1. Most of us here can be considered pretty creative. Have you ever got negative critique about your work from friends or family?
2. How do you usually handle criticism about your work (either professional work or work done as a hobby)?
3. How do you try to improve the quality of your work?
1. Yes. Friends and relatives have critiqued my artwork and music on many occasions. Few have critiqued my writing. That's probably why I feel safest writing.
2. I try to take it constructively, but I do usually interpret it as an unintentional critique of myself. I don't get confrontational about it. I just go away privately and mope that I'm no good.
3. I take time away from a piece of work, and then come back to it when I've pretty much forgotten about it and give it a quick going over. Anything that sticks out as being clumsy or ill-formed gets worked on until it stops pissing me off or I get tired of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. Would you honestly like to live forever, if given the opportunity?
2. How has the current economic recession affected you personally?
3. Which question is more important to you: "where did we come from?" or "where are we going?"
1. Not unless I could go without food and shelter to survive. If I were truly immortal, I suspect I could keep myself busy writing and painting and stuff like that. I have enough talents to keep me busy for quite some time. If I had to make a living, I'd need to master some skills that actually made enough money that I could live comfortably, which would get old, since almost every career would become obsolete after a century or two. The only thing I don't like about life is the survival schtick.
2. I'm having trouble finding companies that will take a chance on someone who doesn't have a diploma or experience working for a reputable design firm. I'm starting to think I'll be going back to temp work before too long.
3. Where are we going? I've been fascinated with both questions for most of my life, but I enjoy looking forward more than looking behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeaf View Post
1. If you could chose one specific aging effect to not have to worry about, what would it be?
2. If you could chose one means of death to be immune to, which one?
3. If you were told to chose how you would die, how would you answer?
1. Reduced libido.
2. Starvation.
3. In a super nova on an exotic alien planet surrounded by fascinating creatures that adored me. Or, you know, in bed. Preferably not alone.

1. If you were suddenly projected into a fictional world for the rest of eternity, which universe/character would you like it to be?
2. If you woke up one day and found yourself living the life of someone famous that you truly admire, who would it be?
3. If you could change one thing about your past that you're sure would make you happier, healthier or more successful, what would it be?

Last edited by Lee in Limbo; 12-09-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #2487
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
1. If you were suddenly projected into a fictional world for the rest of eternity, which universe/character would you like it to be?
2. If you woke up one day and found yourself living the life of someone famous that you truly admire, who would it be?
3. If you could change one thing about your past that you're sure would make you happier, healthier or more successful, what would it be?
1. Myst, of course

2. My own life. I don't admire anyone.

3. I would be less shy in my teenage years.

+----------------

1. Do you buy stuff to show off?

2. If you want to buy something, do you first set a budget and then find out what you can buy for that budget, or do you first look what is out there, and then fix a budget, even if that budget may be too high for you at the moment so you have to save before you can by the coveted article?

3. Do you like beautifully designed things?
Old 12-09-2008, 11:05 AM   #2488
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
1. I honestly can't think of any that I wouldn't eventually get tired of. I mean, the point of escapism is that it's supposed to be temporary, right?
2. I may be overly optimistic in saying this, but... my future self.
3. I would have moved out of my parents' house sooner.

Quote:
2. If you want to buy something, do you first set a budget and then find out what you can buy for that budget, or do you first look what is out there, and then fix a budget, even if that budget may be too high for you at the moment so you have to save before you can by the coveted article?
1. No. Why, am I supposed to?
2. Something closer to the latter. I try not to buy things unless I need them, though.
3. Of course, who doesn't?

Fill in the blanks:
1. I like my coffee like I like my men: ________.
2. There are two types of ________ in the world: those who hate non-sequiturs, and those who own at least one pair of pink underwear.
3. All I want for Christmas is ________.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #2489
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
1. No. I buy stuff to either survive or create. Occasionally, I buy stuff to entertain myself.
2. Long question. I generally budget, though it I have money (or credit) and see something I've been needing for a long time, I might order it and suffer the consequences later.
3.Yes, particularly if I designed them. Especially if I got paid.

Quote:
1. Are you often bored?
2. Are you looking forward to Christmas?
3. How many days off will you take until the end of December?
1. Yes, even when doing stuff I know I need to do.
2. I'm more looking forward to the whole winter thing; I want the year to slow down and die, so I can get some rest and come back refreshed for next year.
3. All of them. I need a new job.

Quote:
0. I mean, the point of escapism is that it's supposed to be temporary, right?
Fill in the blanks:
1. I like my coffee like I like my men: ________.
2. There are two types of ________ in the world: those who hate non-sequiturs, and those who own at least one pair of pink underwear.
3. All I want for Christmas is ________.
0. Depends on how well-grounded you are in the real world. Some people tolerate their lives for the stretches of escapism they can get into as soon as no one is looking. A friend of mine works retail and then heads home and spends as much time as he can playing MMOs (which is getting difficult now that he has a girlfriend). If you asked him that question, he'd gladly volunteer to live in some idealised fantasy world. Probably Hyborea or the Feudal Japan of those classic Kung Fu flicks. Anywhere where he could hope to become a medieval demigod or a werewolf or a ninja.
1. Not very often. (I prefer tea. It doesn't give me heartburn... you know, like men do... or is that heartache I'm thinking of?)
2. Video Game Heroines (Sorry. I'm suddenly picturing Lara Croft arguing with April Ryan about appropriate adventuring attire)
3. You.

Forgot to ask questions...

1) If you broke out into song right now, what would you sing?
2) If you could safely get the day off and go anywhere for the rest of the day, where would you go?
3) If you owned a set of pink underwear, what would I have to do to get you to model them?

Last edited by Lee in Limbo; 12-09-2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #2490
tsa
Playing character

1. I like my coffee like I like my men: not.
2. There are two types of show-offs in the world: those who hate non-sequiturs, and those who own at least one pair of pink underwear.
3. All I want for Christmas is Christmas Quest IV.

-----

1. Are you often bored?

2. Are you looking forward to Christmas?

3. How many days off will you take until the end of December?
Old 12-09-2008, 12:32 PM   #2491

1. Something that would let me show off in one way or another.
2. Australia or New Zealand.
3. uuuuerrrmmm...

1. All the time.
2. Nope, for a long time now I don't celebrate it.
3. Well, to make a complex answer simple, too many.

---

1. Are you looking forward to boxing day?
2. If you could live a day in the body of another person, who would you pick?
3. What would you choose if for this Christmas you could have:
-something that cannot be bought
-something that cannot be bought anymore
-something that cannot be bought, to give to someone else
-something that cannot be bought anymore, to give to someone else
Old 12-09-2008, 12:55 PM   #2492
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
If you asked him that question, he'd gladly volunteer to live in some idealised fantasy world. Probably Hyborea or the Feudal Japan of those classic Kung Fu flicks. Anywhere where he could hope to become a medieval demigod or a werewolf or a ninja.
Ah, see, that's the problem. As a woman, I'd be relegated to a boring support role in all of those sorts of settings. Either that, or I'd be burned at the stake.

Quote:
If you owned a set of pink underwear, what would I have to do to get you to model them?
Put on a matching pair.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:21 PM   #2493

Quote:
Ah, see, that's the problem. As a woman, I'd be relegated to a boring support role in all of those sorts of settings. Either that, or I'd be burned at the stake.
Oh, come on, you're just plain not trying to think of anything.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:33 PM   #2494
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
1. That's second Christmas day here in NL. Yes, I'm looking forward to it; my friends and I will be making our traditional Christmas dinner then.

2. Sandra Bullock I think.

3. Something that cannot be bought, to give to someone else. This to invoke an 'Aaah look how noble he is' feeling in the readers of this thread.

---+----+-----+-----+----+---

1. Do you like to listen to audiobooks?

2. Do you listen to audiobooks that you have read already?

3. How many hours of the day do you spend doing nothing at all? Sleeping doesn't count.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #2495
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
Oh, come on, you're just plain not trying to think of anything.
Being paid to be creative probably has something to do with it.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #2496
tsa
Playing character

I bet you signed something that says: "All your ideas are belong to us!"
Old 12-09-2008, 01:54 PM   #2497
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
1. No. I turn 38 on Boxing Day, and I still haven't achieved anything I feel really good about.
2. John Barrowman, just so I could feel tall and pretty and talented and adored by millions for one day. And yes, I know he's married to another man. I could handle that for a day.
3. The completed works of Richard Burley.

Quote:
Put on a matching pair.
Hmmn. This could be an interesting date. We could play Twister afterwards.

Quote:
1. Do you like to listen to audiobooks?
2. Do you listen to audiobooks that you have read already?
3. How many hours of the day do you spend doing nothing at all? Sleeping doesn't count.
1. No. I've meant to, but I never get around to it.
2. No.
3. Too many. I accomplished almost nothing today. Proof that I've spent too much time screwing around.

1. If someone offered to arrange everything for you, what would be your ultimate dream date (Person, place and event, if any)?
2. Christmas has come and gone, and you are trying to decompress from a long day with relatives driving you insane. What do you do to relax?
3. You come home from a long day of work, and you're feeling a little worn out. Suddenly, your new neighbour starts blaring some strange music you've never heard before. You march next door in your bumming-around-the-house clothes and pound on the door. When they answer, you discover it's someone you immediately find very attractive, and they suddenly smile warmly at the sight of you, clearly finding you attractive as well.

Do you: a) read them the riot act, b) ask them politely to turn the music down, c) invite them to dinner, or d) OTHER (give details)
Old 12-09-2008, 02:28 PM   #2498
Unreliable Narrator

1. A game of Twister with Lee in Limbo.
2. Go for a long walk until the insanity fades away.
3. First of all, I never find people attractive at first sight. Second of all, I pick d) buy that drum set I've always wanted.

1. Have you ever found a person attractive immediately upon meeting them? If so, what happened after that? If not, do you believe it's possible?
2. At around what age (if any) does it become impractical to change your life for the better?
3. How do you feel about the idea of getting paid to be creative?
Old 12-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #2499
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

1. Yes. Nothing happened after that. It wasn't a girl I had anything in common with, or any excuse to ever talk to.
  2. The day you die.
  3. I'd rather be creative without getting paid, but I guess it wouldn't be so bad.

=========================================

1. How many ideas does it take to get from A to B?
  2. Where would you end up if the wind carried you away?
  3. Imagine a color you've never seen or heard of before. What would be colored like that?
Old 12-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #2500

Quote:
1. Have you ever found a person attractive immediately upon meeting them? If so, what happened after that?
It's a really bizarre story, you would not believe me if I told you.