You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2008, 02:08 AM   #2461
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

1. Panicky. That'd mean I'd need a job, and with it a complete life overhaul.
  2. Depends. If he/she plays games, yippee! If not, then I don't care about him/her. (Actually, a sibling who reads superhero comics or watches sci-fi TV shows would be pretty cool too.)
  3. Not well, I'm sure. They'd be all depressed for years, even though I never do anything for them.

=====================================

1. Why are poker, Breakout, and D&D all games, but not ballroom dancing?
  2. Do you own any old game systems?
  3. What's the earliest movie you've ever seen? (Earliest in what year they were made, not when you saw them.)
Old 11-11-2008, 03:54 AM   #2462

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

1. I'm so shocked by the question I can't think of an answer
2. No
3. The great train-robbery (Porter)

--------------------------

1. What's the Island in Lost?
2. What do you eat for breakfast?
3. Old little movie theater or shiny, new multiplex?
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 11-11-2008, 03:49 PM   #2463
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
1. What's the Island in Lost?
2. What do you eat for breakfast?
3. Old little movie theater or shiny, new multiplex?

1. huuummmmm not sure
2. Depends....most mornings matt makes breakfast and I have eggs (scrambled hard) bacon, grits and toast w/ jelly.
3. I like both

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 11-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #2464
The Major Grubert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
1. Pizza or pasta
2. Fruit or Veggies
3. Flowers or Plants
  1. Pasta
  2. Both
  3. Both!
Old 11-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #2465
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

1. I like both, but I have Italian more often.
2. Yep.
3. I don't drink any wine at all.

1. If you had to feed one native dish from your home country to someone from another country, which one would it be?
2. What was your best dining experience outside of your home country?
3. Have you ever taken dance lessons of any kind? If so, what kind? If not, what kind would you take if given the choice?
Old 11-13-2008, 03:58 AM   #2466

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

1. Pisarei e fasoi (dialect form of Italian) = they are small pasta with beans, potatoes and tomato sauce. You can see a dish here

2. A Parisian restaurant serving the best crayfish I ever tasted

3. No

----------

1. What's your favorite ethnic food?

2. What's your favorite European country? (Feel free not to say Italy )

3. What's your favorite style of dance (and why)?
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 11-13-2008, 08:07 AM   #2467
Lazy Bee

Quote:

1. I'm not sure what ethnic food actually is, but my favourite "cuisines" are Spanish and Italian. I'm also really fond of Lebanese food.
2. I love a lot of countries in Europe: Scotland is beautiful, Spain is warm and lovely and has great food. Denmark is so cosy/gezellig. Italy is also beautiful and nice, but the trains never arrive or depart on time I can't chose only one!
3. I think the Riverdance is cool.

--------
Now these questions need to be answered by more forumites than just me. So it's not laziness at all that I pass Andrea's questions on.

Quote:

Old 11-13-2008, 01:52 PM   #2468
tsa
Playing character

1. My favourite ethnic food is patat met kroketten.

2. My favourite European country is the Netherlands. I've been living there all my life, and it contains the most beautiful city in the world: Amsterdam.

3. I do not have a favourite style of dance.

----

1. How do you feel today?

2. What will you be doing tomorrow?

3. When will you take a vacation?
Old 11-13-2008, 08:37 PM   #2469
Unreliable Narrator

1. Okay. Just getting over a throat infection I caught over the weekend.
2. Going to work and hopefully getting some much-needed rest.
3. Next month. I'll be going to San Francisco for a couple weeks or so to visit family and (hopefully) friends.

1. Which is worse: you getting laid off or your closest friend at the company getting laid off?
2. Have you ever disapproved of your significant other's friends? If so, how did it change your relationship with them? If not, how would you hypothetically react?
3. What's your opinion on recreational drugs?
Old 11-14-2008, 01:18 AM   #2470
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. Which is worse: you getting laid off or your closest friend at the company getting laid off?
2. Have you ever disapproved of your significant other's friends? If so, how did it change your relationship with them? If not, how would you hypothetically react?
3. What's your opinion on recreational drugs?
1. Me getting laid off, of course.

2. No I haven't.

3. I'm not too knowledgable about that, be what I do know is that when our gouvernment decided to tolerate marihuana in the 1970s, the concentration of the active ingredient in the plants was much lower than it is now. It used to be that you couldn't get addicted to the stuff, and the side effects were not too bad. Nowadays you can get addicted. Besides, the coffeeshops on the border with Germany and Belgium cause so much irritation that some parties in our gouvernment want coffeeshops to be forbidden.

---

1. Why are there almost never programs on Animal Planet about many-legged creatures?

2. Are you scared of spiders?

3. What is your favourite non-fluffy animal?
Old 11-15-2008, 04:37 PM   #2471
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
1. Why are there almost never programs on Animal Planet about many-legged creatures?

2. Are you scared of spiders?

3. What is your favourite non-fluffy animal?
1. Clearly, because they are not of this planet.

2. I used to be when I was younger. Now unless they are too large, or suddenly appear too close to me, I am "only" uneasy around them.

3. Seven-spotted ladybird!

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

1. If you found out today that you had voluntarily erased some of your memories at some point in the past, what would you assume you got erased?

2. Would you want to regain them?

3. You are offered one free ride in the time machine. How far in time would you be willing to go, if the machine only travels to the future (so you'll not be able to return to 2008)?
Old 11-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #2472

1. It's not something I think I'd do, so probably something from early on, so, probably something that's not really a big deal.

2. I think so, I should be able to handle it now.

3. Of course, I can't get any sort of preview? But I can travel further ahead? But I can't take anyone with me? Can I take anything with me? Can I wait a year or so before departing?

Hmmm, if you go 80 years or so ahead, then everyone you know will probably already be dead, so you might as well go another 80, and yet another. I'd be tempted to just go 20, but I'd also be tempted to go a couple hundred.

---

1. If you could request to have one thing from the future, what would it be?

2. If you were to go 10 years into the future, and could take one person with you, who would it be?

3. If you could make yourself any number of years younger, with the catch that rather than dieing that number of years later, you'd die half that number of years sooner, how much younger would you want to be?

Last edited by undeaf; 11-15-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:58 AM   #2473
Not like them!

1. A personal time machine. (Ain't I a stinker?)
  2. If I could take a quick detour to five minutes ago, I'd take myself. If not… huh. What good is that? Hmph. No, myself is my only answer.
  3. Negative 20.

================================================== =

1. How many firemen does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
  2. How many philosophers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
  3. How many chefs does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Old 11-16-2008, 07:59 PM   #2474
Occasionally around...

Send a message via Yahoo to MystGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
  1. A personal time machine. (Ain't I a stinker?)
  2. If I could take a quick detour to five minutes ago, I'd take myself. If not… huh. What good is that? Hmph. No, myself is my only answer.
  3. Negative 20.

================================================== =

How many firemen does it take to screw in a lightbulb?Four, one to change the bulb, and three to cut a hole in the roof.

How many philosophers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A preposterous question. Obviously, it depends on what sort of philosopher we're discussing. I'm sure this has been done before, but here are my answers:

Pragmatist: Hey, if holding the bulb while four of your friends turn the chair works for you, then that is the right way to change a lightbulb for you.

Empiricist: We can't know how to change a lightbulb, but we can make lists of how big it is, the wattage, the thickness of the glass, the composition of the filiment...

Thomist: When we examine the concept of "lightbulb" one requirement is that it light up. Hence, if it does not light up, it is not a lightbulb. If it is not a lightbulb, there is no reason to change it.

Aristotelean: Changing of lightbulbs can be divided into: manipulation of the old bulb, and manipulation of the new bulb. Bulb manipulation, in turn, can be divided into: Turning motion, raising motion, dropping motion. We cannot understand motion.

Kantian: By understanding the lightbulb-in-itself, it becomes, for us, a new lightbulb.

Platonist: The closer our lightbulb gets to the Ideal Lightbulb, the less it requires changing.

Dialectical Materialist: None. The lightbulb changes because of it's own internal contradictions.

Skeptic: We can't know if we're changing the lightbulb. We can't know if changing the lightbulb is an improvement. In fact, we can't really know if it's dark. Especially with the lights out.

Hegelian: When the lightbulb becomes irrational, it ceases to exist. Insofar as a new lightbulb sheds light on the Absolute Idea, it becomes a rational lightbulb, and comes into being as part of our striving for the rational.

Post-structuralist: By rejecting neo-Enlightment notions that privilege "light," we can conceptualize the relationship between optically-oriented envisioning and those signifiers that address interpretations of post-colonial modernism as an established text within the framework of which, intertextually, we are lead to reject any causal relationship between the operands and the motivators.

Memetics: The speed at which the notion ("a burned out lightbulb should be replaced") has spread is inexplicable unless one looks at the idea itself.

Existentialist: Why change the lightbulb?

How many chefs does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Only one. Any others can revolve around them while they change it.

1. If a disgruntled employee came to your work place one day to "take out" those they were disgruntled with, would you be the type to beat others to the door, try and take out the crazed person, or become a human shield between the crazed person and whomever they were trying to harm?

2. When you see someone out and about, who looks like they are in trouble or not "ok", do you stop and try help in some way, or walk on by?

3. Why aren't dinosaurs in The Bible?
Old 11-16-2008, 09:42 PM   #2475
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystGirl View Post
1. If a disgruntled employee came to your work place one day to "take out" those they were disgruntled with, would you be the type to beat others to the door, try and take out the crazed person, or become a human shield between the crazed person and whomever they were trying to harm?

I guess the last option. But luckily, you have to be pretty far gone to want to take one of us out, so chances that your scenario becomes true are very near zero

2. When you see someone out and about, who looks like they are in trouble or not "ok", do you stop and try help in some way, or walk on by?

That depends on the circumstances. If nobody else is around, I will try to help.

3. Why aren't dinosaurs in The Bible?

Because they had long been extinct when the Bible happened.
1. Would the world be a better place if people had developed so that they didn't want to improve everything all the time?

2. What is for you the most distinctive difference between people and animals?

3. Why are there no stationary animals (like anemones, sponges etc) with brains?
Old 11-17-2008, 09:17 AM   #2476
Not like them!

1. I think the world's fine the way it is! Which is to say, I think we did develop that way.
  2. We can play videogames.
  3. Because they didn't have videogames. Sitting in place is awfully boring when you're not going anywhere even virtually. A brain can't take that.

================================================== ===============

1. With the use of both bizarre technology and magic, you remake the world in your own image. What's it like?
  2. Which is prettier- a zigzag or a spiral?
  3. How many people does it take to create lasting change in a society?
Old 11-17-2008, 09:22 AM   #2477
Not like them!

1. I think the world's fine the way it is! Which is to say, I think we did develop that way.
  2. We can play videogames.
  3. Because they didn't have videogames. Sitting in place is awfully boring when you're not going anywhere even virtually. A brain can't take that.

================================================== ===============

1. With the use of both bizarre technology and magic, you remake the world in your own image. What's it like?
  2. Which is prettier- a zigzag or a spiral?
  3. How many people does it take to create lasting change in a society?
Old 11-17-2008, 11:24 AM   #2478

1. I have to answer with a question again. How do you define world?

I'll assume world would mean universe. And then i have to answer with with a question again. What isn't it like?

It would have many, many types of societies, spread out over many planets and moons, spread out over many star systems, with a few even tucked away in other galaxies just in case.
2. A spiral.
3. Just one, if he or she is really exceptional in enough ways. For less exceptional individuals, greater numbers are required.

1. How would you design a world if you were to be dropped into it afterwards(with your mind, more or less) and into what age body would you want to be inserted?
2. How would you design a world if you would have to to be born into it afterwards?
3. What if you had to take a few people with you into one of the above?

(focus on the portions of the world where you would end up is intended)

Last edited by undeaf; 11-17-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:20 PM   #2479
Not like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeaf View Post
How do you define world?

I'll assume world would mean universe.
Um.. why would you assume that? The universe isn't a world. Earth is a world, and I thought it obvious that that was the world I was talking about.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:18 PM   #2480
Unreliable Narrator

For all of the above questions, I give the same answer. I would like a world free of racism, sexism, and all other prejudices, where extremes of wealth and poverty were eliminated. I'd like things to generally be quieter, and for there to be less sensory overload. And I'd also like more video games without guns and fighting in them.

Whether I'd be born in or dropped in wouldn't matter so much. In the latter case, I'd like to go as myself as I am now, because I'm not sure I'd be comfortable in another body right now. And if I have to take people with me, all the better.

1. Does the thought of being touched by strangers terrify you?
2. How comfortable do you have to be with someone before you'll enjoy being touched by them?
3. How do you generally react when you see a couple making out in a public place?