You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #3461
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY IS?
2. does it bother you when people refuse to use caps at all?
3. I know this guy who doesn't put spaces between punctuation marks.Am I a bad person for finding that seriously annoying?Honestly???
Bonus questions for Lee: why should I? (or alternately, why shouldn't I?)
1. NO
2. yes it does, but not as much as PEOPLE WHO ABUSE CAPSLOCK. I actually removed capslock from my previous keyboard.
3. No, you are not a bad person. The guy in question needs to be hunted down like a rabid dog. It's called a Space Bar. It's the biggest fricking key on the whole board. You can't miss it.
BONUS: Because they are masterpieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
1. Honestly, can we stop with the Honestly already? Honestly, I hate it.
2. Do you get annoyed when people write it's instead of its in sentences like "It has seen a lot of trouble in its life?"
3. Would you dismiss a candidate for a vacancy you have if said person's application letter is full of spelling errors?
1. Some people need to be goaded into telling the truth. It's a funny old world.
2. Yes, particularly when it's me.
3. Probably.

Quote:
1. Do you prefer experiencing written or spoken word poetry?
2. Do you prefer words and pictures together or separate?
3. What's a euphemism that makes you giggle whenever you hear it?
1. It entirely depends on who, where, when, and what they are (or aren't) wearing at the time of the recital.
2. I can handle text, and I can handle textless image series, but I am a graphic novel aficionado, so I am very comfortable with images and words in tandem.
3. Euphemisms generally don't amuse me. I find them tedious and insulting in general. this is probably why my lovemaking scenes are so graphic. I'll never sell in respectable markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isak View Post
1. What do you prefer: a red bike on a black and white background, or a black and white bike on a colorful background?
2. Is summer something you want?
3. Is summer something you need?
1. I prefer a working bicycle in an uncramped storage space. Never gonna happen, but there it is.
2. Not particularly, no.
3. Environmentally speaking, I suppose it must be endured.

1. Am I the only one who has no problem with the idea of an eternal winter in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe?
2. Have you ever read a graphic novel that so impressed you that you compared it most favourably to classic works of literature?
3. Have you ever played a video game that so impressed you that you compared it most favourably to a classic piece of cinema or literature?
Old 01-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #3462
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isak View Post
1. What do you prefer: a red bike on a black and white background, or a black and white bike on a colorful background?
2. Is summer something you want?
3. Is summer something you need?
1. Red bike on B&W.
2. Yes, when it's time for it.
3. It would probably help with my sleeping patterns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
1. Am I the only one who has no problem with the idea of an eternal winter in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe?
2. Have you ever read a graphic novel that so impressed you that you compared it most favourably to classic works of literature?
3. Have you ever played a video game that so impressed you that you compared it most favourably to a classic piece of cinema or literature?
1. I have no problem with anything in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, so long as whatever happens in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe stays in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.
2. I've never read a work of classic literature that felt as relevant to me personally as my favourite graphic novels have.
3. Emily Short once compared me to Aaron Sorkin, though not exactly favourably. It could've been worse, though; at least she didn't compare my game to self-insertion fan fiction.

---

1. What are some good tips for being friendly and approachable?
2. Do you think there should be classes in schools dedicated to social skills?
3. Would you, in your younger years, have benefited from such classes?
Old 01-16-2011, 10:20 PM   #3463

Quote:
-

1. Brief eye contact, at the very least, to acknowledge the approacher's presence. Keeping a pleasant facial expression helps. Don't oversmile; it makes you look crazy.
2. I believe the school experience in itself is social training. Making friends, dealing with conflict, finding out what you enjoy, where you excel, following "rules", presentation skills, yadda yadda.
3. If the classes existed I wouldn't have taken them seriously until I grew older and realized their usefulness.

-

1. If life were like a box of chocolates, which chocolate would you consider the best to have?
2. Let's say you could magically replace a line of lyrics to any single song. As if the song has always been that way. Name the song & the new line of lyrics.
3. If you could be a non-speaking (but very noticeable) extra in any movie, what would the movie be?

"There is currently no reliable method for determining the age of narwhal."
Old 01-17-2011, 03:05 PM   #3464
Unreliable Narrator

1. The 99% dark variety. Quality over quantity.
2. "Hold me closer, Tony Danza; count the head lice on the highway."
3. Black Cat White Cat, as one of the band members. It would be fun to play music while tied up in a tree.

---

1. Is it fair to deny Alanis Morrisette of the cross-eyed bear that Uncle Joey from Full House gave to her?
2. Do you like hippopotamuseses?
3. Do you consider writing in txt-style spelling on Twitter to be cheating?
Old 01-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #3465

Quote:
1. Is it fair to deny Alanis Morrisette of the cross-eyed bear that Uncle Joey from Full House gave to her?
1. It's not fair. I bet he doesn't even take the new friend to the theatre. Nobody goes to movies anymore.
2. They're like land whales. With legs. They eat white marbles. What's not to like?!
3. Wouldn't cheating mean they gain some type of advantage as a result? I say type how you like. It's the internet. Go nuts. Let the grammar/spelling cops sort it out.

-

1. I'm decorating my place. What's the manliest thing I can set on a doily?
2. You throw some dirt on an oil lamp. An Anti-Genie pops out and grants you one Anti-wish. Meaning it will absolutely never come true. What is your anti-wish?
3. Which animal do you fear most?

"There is currently no reliable method for determining the age of narwhal."
Old 01-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #3466

Quote:
Originally Posted by beat!the!champ! View Post
1. It's not fair. I bet he doesn't even take the new friend to the theatre. Nobody goes to movies anymore.
2. They're like land whales. With legs. They eat white marbles. What's not to like?!
3. Wouldn't cheating mean they gain some type of advantage as a result? I say type how you like. It's the internet. Go nuts. Let the grammar/spelling cops sort it out.

-

2. You throw some dirt on an oil lamp. An Anti-Genie pops out and grants you one Anti-wish. Meaning it will absolutely never come true. What is your anti-wish?

1. Get some twigs, a few rocks, wires, a duct tape and get creative! (this IS an adventure games forum! where's YOUR inventory?!)

2. I wish they make another new version of Windows! Actually, !

3. Big ones that aren't behind a fence!

1. In which adventure game would you like to be and what character?
2. You get up in the morning and look through your window.What landscape would you like to see?
3. Do you like sci-fi series? Which ones?

Last edited by kate me; 01-18-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #3467
Stalker of Britain

1. Ooh, I'd love to be in either "The Longest Journey" or "The Lost Crown", because they're my favorite adventures, and have awesome atmospheres. I'd probably want to be April from TLJ, so I can travel back and forth, while I'd like to be a ghost in one of the churches. It's very serene, although I'm sure I'd get bored without anyone to talk to. Nigel better come and visit me!

2. I would love to see...England. Enough said.

3. Yes, I love science fiction, as long as they don't take themselves too seriously. I love "Red Dwarf", a comedy sci fi, "Andromeda"-a more serious sci fi, and even the original "Star Trek".

Great questions!

There's a rather serious question I've been pondering for awhile, and would like your opinions on, so I'll just give the one, if that's alright.

1. Who knows a person 'better'; someone who has known the person a long time, but not closely, or someone who knows a person very closely, but not for a long time?
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 01-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #3468
Banned User

I think that the best answer to this question is probably a mix of these two. One can say that knows another only if he/she has spend a long time with he/she and got to get close to that person so as to get to know him/her. But I have to say that sometimes it just so happens that a person who you don't know for a great deal of time,you get to know it much more than some people who you know almost your whole lifetime or that person gets to know you better than some other people in your life. For example you may have friends that you know for a very long time but they might know little things about you. That has to do with the connection that you have with each person and if it's strong and you confide in them and tell them stuff or you simply hang out for just a laugh and have no interest in knowing each other better. However, time makes you familiar with the other person so they may know some stuff that a person you just met and you know for a little time can't possibly know. For example, your reactions when you're angry,sad,frustrated,happy etc.
Anyway, generally I think that it depends on the people and I think that both cases have happened and are valid...I don't know which one is better.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:16 PM   #3469
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
1. Who knows a person 'better'; someone who has known the person a long time, but not closely, or someone who knows a person very closely, but not for a long time?
1. Those people both know different facets of you; neither is really "better", per se, and both are valuable in their own ways.

---

1. In general, do you prefer to explore subjects that interest you in breadth or in depth?
2. How have these forums (and/or the internet in general) affected your knowledge of life in countries you've never lived in?
3. What is a more pressing concern to you: that people in your geographical region will be living in difficult conditions in a few decades due to global warming, or that people in geographical regions other than your own live in difficult conditions right now?
Old 01-22-2011, 01:48 AM   #3470
Lazy Bee

Quote:
1. In general, do you prefer to explore subjects that interest you in breadth or in depth?
2. How have these forums (and/or the internet in general) affected your knowledge of life in countries you've never lived in?
3. What is a more pressing concern to you: that people in your geographical region will be living in difficult conditions in a few decades due to global warming, or that people in geographical regions other than your own live in difficult conditions right now?
1. I find myself exploring in depth.
2. The forums have indeed increased my knowledge on life in some countries. I've met people from several different countries through these forums and even seen a new country. I feel very fortunate to have had that opportunity.
3. My concern is for geographical regions other than my own. In fact my own region might even benefit some from global warming since vast areas that today aren't suitable for cultivation might benefit in that regard.

--------
1. What person is most important to you today?
2. What recent news have affected you most lately?
3. What person do you miss the most today?
Old 01-22-2011, 04:35 AM   #3471
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
1. *warm gentle smile*
2. I suspect they would be a disaster.
3. I think I made out alright, in the end. What I really wish I'd had was a mentor to get me started down one of these lonely roads I've been drifting along, so that I might have a real career by now.

Quote:
1. If life were like a box of chocolates, which chocolate would you consider the best to have?
2. Let's say you could magically replace a line of lyrics to any single song. As if the song has always been that way. Name the song & the new line of lyrics.
3. If you could be a non-speaking (but very noticeable) extra in any movie, what would the movie be?
1. Truffle.
2. With the gods of makeup, swarming around,
3. The Magical Mystery Tour.

Quote:
1. She's a big girl, she can handle a little disappointment. and after all, look what it did for her career.
2. Ummm... I guess they're alright, but really, I much prefer curvy humans.
3. Yes. But then, I'm old, and resent the habitual laziness I see in many young people's daily communications. I think txt/chat speech has really done more harm than good.

Quote:
1. Breasts.
2. That I will die lonely and unfulfilled.
3. Flying insects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate me View Post
1. In which adventure game would you like to be and what character?
2. You get up in the morning and look through your window.What landscape would you like to see?
3. Do you like sci-fi series? Which ones?
1. Can't decide. Most of my favourite AGs feature woman protagonists.
2. The Rockies.
3. Doctor Who, Torchwood, and Farscape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
1. Deirdra's right. Both are possible, though not a foregone conclusion.

Quote:
1. I prefer depth. In practice, I seem to cover a lot of ground and not get to go as deep as I'd like.
2. I've learned quite a few things from the intertubes. That said, I'd rather have been there in person.
3. I can't seem to separate the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
1. What person is most important to you today?
2. What recent news have affected you most lately?
3. What person do you miss the most today?
1. I can't seem to get just one person into focus right now.
2. I haven't really been following the news, to be honest. I've been pretty depressed and/or sick lately, you see.
3. Two people, and they know who they are.

ETA:
Okay, maybe I can ask a few questions today.
1) If I can't get appointments with my family doctor because his chief nurse keeps running interference and trying to get rid of me, should I look for a new doctor, despite Hamilton's dire doctor shortage?
2) I've been feeling like I need a new diversion, but I can't seem to find a game that still runs on my computer properly that I feel confident I can get through. It needs to be engaging but not too stressful. Any ideas?
3) My website is about to disappear, and we're so tight for money right now that I'm not sure we'll have the money to renew in time. It'll be years of work gone for good. I'm trying to think of ways I can raise capital to keep the site. Any ideas?

Last edited by Lee in Limbo; 01-23-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #3472
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
Breasts.
Well, you know, if man boobs are your thing...

Quote:
1) If I can't get appointments with my family doctor because his chief nurse keeps running interference and trying to get rid of me, should I look for a new doctor, despite Hamilton's dire doctor shortage?
2) I've been feeling like I need a new diversion, but I can't seem to find a game that still runs on my computer properly that I feel confident I can get through. It needs to be engaging but not too stressful. Any ideas?
3) My website is about to disappear, and we're so tight for money right now that I'm not sure we'll have the money to renew in time. It'll be years of work gone for good. I'm trying to think of ways I can raise capital to keep the site. Any ideas?
1. Wouldn't hurt to try. Are there any walk-in clinics you could go to in the meantime?
2. I think you'd really like Echo Bazaar. I've been playing it pretty regularly for a couple of months, now.
3. Well, you could scour Craigslist regularly for jobs you could do until you get one. Or you could put as much of your stuff as possible on a free web host somewhere, just in case. Or you could, er, ask a dear friend of yours to help?

Anyone else can feel free to answer Lee's questions, too. An opinion that's not mine might be more helpful.

---

1. Do 3D movies have any point other than just being headache-inducing gimmickry?
2. Who would you rather have dinner with, given the opportunity: five of your favourite famous people (corpses reanimated where necessary), or five of your closest internet friends?
3. How do I get the word out about something cool I made without it looking like I'm an annoying spammer?
Old 01-24-2011, 07:00 PM   #3473
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
1. Do 3D movies have any point other than just being headache-inducing gimmickry?
2. Who would you rather have dinner with, given the opportunity: five of your favourite famous people (corpses reanimated where necessary), or five of your closest internet friends?
3. How do I get the word out about something cool I made without it looking like I'm an annoying spammer?
1. Nope, well other then making small children beg their parents to take them to see the head-ache.

2. I would combine both....... a couple famouse and a few internet friends.

3. I'm not really sure..... I dont know a whole lot about that.

1. Would you like to get to know me better ?
2. When will we meet ?
3. Who is my favorite person ?

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 01-25-2011, 12:14 AM   #3474
tsa
Playing character

1. Yes
2. Next week or so?
3. Me, tsa!

---

I like Bullsie's questions and I repeat them here.

2. When will we meet ?
Old 01-25-2011, 05:09 AM   #3475
Banned User

1.No
2.Never
3.I don't know
----------------------------------
1.What sort of transportation do you prefer?(car,airplane,bus,boat)
2.What's your favorite drink (with alcohol)
3.Have you ever done illegal drugs?
Old 01-25-2011, 08:50 AM   #3476
Lazy Bee

Quote:
2. When will we meet ?
1. Yes!
2. I don't know right now. But since we've already met twice I'm sure we'll meet again.
3. Hrm, tricky question. When it comes to famous people I think it's Jens Lekman. I know you and Maruca are really close, so she's also a 'favourite' of yours. And I do believe your parents are very important to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
1. I use bus for transportation on a daily basis and I like to travel by train when possible.
2. A smooth red wine.
3. Never. I haven't even tried smoking tobacco.

---------
1. At what time do you eat during the day?
2. What's your favourite dish?
3. Is eating healthy important to you?
Old 01-25-2011, 09:10 AM   #3477
Failed Birthday Elf

Quote:
2. When will we meet ?
To TSA and Bulldog

1. Yeah, definitely.
2. When we all gatecrash Fantasy's honeymoon in Cornwall of course!
3. Nafiska

...and Naff Sticker

Quote:
1. Depends on the whys and wherefores, but on the whole, i'm going to go with boats. Or maybe Steam Locomotives.
2. Real Ales for the most part. Current favourites incude Black Sheep and Adnams Broadside.
3. In the past I may have dabbled here and there, but for a long time it's just been relatively modest amounts of caffeine, nicotine and alcohol.

1. What was the last game you played that you really regretted buying/playing?

2. What is the most serious illness you have ever had?

3. Curtains or blinds?

EDIT: Jelena, Sorry I completely missed your post somehow, my apologies.

Everyone else, please answer Jelena's questions!

Last edited by Intense Degree; 01-25-2011 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Because i'm a miserable wretch
Old 01-25-2011, 09:44 AM   #3478
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
1. What was the last game you played that you really regretted buying/playing?

2. What is the most serious illness you have ever had?

3. Curtains or blinds?
1. Paradise. What a piece of rubbish that was. Riddled with bugs, and the most irritating and annoying protagonist I have ever come across. She was worse than Brian, and that's saying something.

2. Flu. That's a pretty dangerous disease for people like me.

3. Both.

------------------------

1. How many lives do you live, and where?
2. Why don't many people take children seriously?
3. What is the best newspaper in the world?
Old 01-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #3479
Banned User

1)What do you mean how many?As far as I know only one...if there is a Nafsikalternate in an Alternative Universe well I don't know. And well obviously in Greece.
2)Because people think they know it all but my theory is that as we grow older we get more stupid, at least that applies for the majority of the people.Anyway who cares anyway?Maybe they just wanna take revenge because when they were children nobody took them seriously eitherXD what losers!
3)Rizospastis ahahahahahahha no no hmmm I don't know and I don't care. Maybe New York Times...XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
1. At what time do you eat during the day?
2. What's your favourite dish?
3. Is eating healthy important to you?
1) I don't know whenever I'm hungry at school
2)Chicken
3)Should be but I have more important things to worry about...it doen't matter if I die early the important thing is to get good grades
----------------------------------------------------
1) If you were to open a door of a room and that room was someone's...who would you like it to be and what would you like to discover there?
2)Do you believe in aliens?
3)Who's your idol?
Old 01-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #3480
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
1. Yes
2. Next week or so?
3. Me, tsa!
Next week would be great to meet you............. and yes you are my favorite blonde..........*sigh* *swoons over tsa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
1) If you were to open a door of a room and that room was someone's...who would you like it to be and what would you like to discover there?
2)Do you believe in aliens?
3)Who's your idol?
1. Oh Sean Connery................. and I would like for him to have strawberries and a smile for me

2. maybe
3. I don't have one

1. Do you watch Cartoons ?
2. Do you draw ?
3. What is your profession?

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky