You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Which Shows Do You Watch On TV?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #181
Citizen of Bizarro World

I watch no shows on TV, I do however follow several TV shows. Currently 1 season into Lois and Clark. Much superior to Smallville, I feel, but I'm sticking with that as well. Dexter, Stargate Universe, Dollhouse, South Park.. finished Battlestar Galactica recently.. I used to love Lost, Heroes, and 24, but somehow lost track, and never found the motivation to start catching up again. Might check out Automan soon. Used to watch it as a kid, thought it was uber cool.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 11-05-2009, 02:45 PM   #182
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

I was blown away by the pilot of V. I had no particular expectations, but I think it's the third-best pilot I've ever seen. (The first two are the pilots from Firefly and Alias.) It had me hooked in the first ten seconds, and by the end of the episode I was interested in every single one of the regular characters.

I hear that ABC's already fired and replaced one of the guys responsible for this pilot. Also, they're only airing four episodes now, and then taking a break, and then airing the other nine. All this just goes to prove that they're bonkers. More evidence can be found in Flashforward, which I'm enjoying very much. (Okay, last week's episode was very bad. But usually it's fun.) The pilot was uninteresting, they brought in the guy behind Eli Stone to take over, he made it fun immediately in the next episode (which he wrote), he sustained that level of entertainment for the next few episodes, and then they fired him. Bonkers.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:24 PM   #183
The Major Grubert.

Flashforward is excellent
Old 11-08-2009, 05:04 AM   #184
Creepy Father Figure

I Sure miss Pushing Daisies.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:24 AM   #185
delusions of adequacy

Dead Set.

One of the last remaining refuges from the zombie horde (28 days/L4D kind) is the set of Big Brother (UK).

This just started down here and its kind of humorous for a couple of reasons. The premise for one, the fact that it's being broadcast free to air on a semi government funded television station in a country who's classification/regulatory body saw fit to ban Left for Dead 2 for half as graphic content, for another.

In the first episode we see graphic depictions of body parts being ripped out by teeth, internal organs being feasted on post frenzy, a pair of scissors through the ear, zombies dragging themselves about with gnawed off limbs, and culminating in a zombie's head being pulverised, blow by blow with a giant, red, metal fire extinguisher.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:15 AM   #186
kamikaze hummingbirds

That was awesome - it was written by Charlie Brooker of 'Screenwipe' and 'Nathan Barley' fame.
Check out his other stuff.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:33 AM   #187

Send a message via ICQ to Gemma
Default Which Shows Do You Watch On TV

LOL, some damn addictive TV shows:

Alias
Prison Break
Heroes
House
Criminal Minds

I love waiting a whole season and then doing marathons

Man... those were the days, effin grad school has dhenged it all up

But... the HANDS-DOWN BEST SHOW would be Hustle
Old 12-09-2009, 04:29 AM   #188

Hello Everyone,
I like the show on the television are :->
Columbo,
Simpsons
Murder She Wrote
Amazing Race 10
Smallville
From the above I like the Murder she wrote.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:57 PM   #189
The Major Grubert.

I'm looking forward to the last season of LOST, and the DVD release of the last season of WEEDS.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:05 AM   #190
The Quiet One

Personally, I've grown to hate TV and don't watch that much of it. There isn't very much on nowadays that appeals to me and there's sooooo much crap on in the UK (imo).

The shows I do like, however, I just buy on DVD and they are:

Fawlty Towers
The League of Gentlemen
Porridge
Open All Hours
Some Mothers Do Ave Em
The Simpsons
Family Guy
Black Adder
French and Saunders (their older stuff)
Only Fools and Horses
Whose Line Is It Anyway? (UK version)
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 12-20-2009, 10:27 AM   #191
Stalker of Britain

I'm hoping to rewatch some "Avatar" today...no, not the movie, the cartoon series. At first, I didn'tlike it because it seemed too kiddish, with stupid "fart" kind of jokes*, but then I grew into it, and it evolved, and I fell in love with it. Not an obsession, but I do like it. Zuko's awesome!

*Okay, so there's no fart jokes, but they're the type of jokes that kids laugh at and adults grown at.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 12-21-2009, 01:46 AM   #192
the midnight rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
Personally, I've grown to hate TV and don't watch that much of it. There isn't very much on nowadays that appeals to me and there's sooooo much crap on in the UK (imo).

The shows I do like, however, I just buy on DVD and they are:

Fawlty Towers
The League of Gentlemen
Porridge
Open All Hours
Some Mothers Do Ave Em
The Simpsons
Family Guy
Black Adder
French and Saunders (their older stuff)
Only Fools and Horses
Whose Line Is It Anyway? (UK version)
Yeah I'm with you on this; I've not really watched television since uni where we lived without it for 3 years. I do wander in on something occasionally that my folks are watching but even then it's usually fluff. I watch loads of films and try to watch tv shows where I can but actual live TV is a bit of rotting corpse now.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:26 AM   #193
Life and times of...

Pretty much the only good TV shows nowadays are comedies. I've been thinking about this and almost everything I watch on TV aside from movies is just that. Only non-comedy show still airing that I can bother to watch that I remember is Lost, and I'm not sure I could bother more than the last season anymore.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #194
delusions of adequacy

We're in the silly season now. Some silly seasons they throw on shows from US Cable channels to see if anything sticks but we've had none of that this year (apart from the awful 'White Collar').

I've had to make do watching Weeds (series 3 & 4) and The Wire (series 2). I'm seriously considering getting The Wire on disc. Its hard to come away satisfied with just weekly doses of it.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:03 PM   #195
Random

Well, since the fifth season of Dexter has finished and the sixth of Lost doesn't has started. I've decided to watch Six Feet Under, and it's brilliant! An awesome TV serie at all, a friend of mine recommended it to me and now I recommend it to you guys!

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.

Last edited by Denaron; 12-23-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #196
J.H
Frak.

My favourite TV series at the moment is Fringe although the second series seems a bit sporadic. Also I find Peep Show (UK) hilarious when it's on.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:24 AM   #197
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

I was really loving Fringe in its first season but I think the frequency of really bad episodes is getting higher. It also drives me crazy how they keep making it look like it's going somewhere, just to pull back and say "Ha ha, we weren't serious about that. You think we'd threaten the precious status quo?". At this point I'm not sure if it's ever going to go anywhere.

By the way, did you notice how the sister and her daughter dropped out of the show this year? (Well, there was one appearance for the girl, but the point stands.) I suspect it's because they moved production to Vancouver and those actresses didn't want to move. It's kind of a shame.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:03 AM   #198
kamikaze hummingbirds

Peep Show rules.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:49 PM   #199
J.H
Frak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
I was really loving Fringe in its first season but I think the frequency of really bad episodes is getting higher. It also drives me crazy how they keep making it look like it's going somewhere, just to pull back and say "Ha ha, we weren't serious about that. You think we'd threaten the precious status quo?". At this point I'm not sure if it's ever going to go anywhere.

By the way, did you notice how the sister and her daughter dropped out of the show this year? (Well, there was one appearance for the girl, but the point stands.) I suspect it's because they moved production to Vancouver and those actresses didn't want to move. It's kind of a shame.
Yeah it's like each episode is one strange event after another which they never seem to get any closure on. It would be okay if they linked together but they never really do. Yeah I noticed the sister in the first episode but that's about it.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:14 AM   #200
delusions of adequacy

The last three 'telemovies' of Inspector Montalbano that where produced back in november 2008 have finally been subtitled into english and are airing on SBS down here. Its so nice to see Salvo and the gang again but most of all beautiful southern italy.