You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Which Shows Do You Watch On TV?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2009, 09:47 AM   #141

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDream View Post
Lost - fell off badly this season
Completely agree. After The Life and Death of Jeremy Betham I almost lost any residual interest I had in the show. Too bad that they haven't any good writer...
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 04-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #142
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDream View Post
Lost - fell off badly this season
I wish someone would just tell me how it ends. What was it with everything?
I meant to watch this season which I hoped would be the last. (Is it btw?)
But I can't stay awake long enough to watch it.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:56 AM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
I wish someone would just tell me how it ends. What was it with everything?
I meant to watch this season which I hoped would be the last. (Is it btw?)
But I can't stay awake long enough to watch it.
Sixth season will be the last one.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:31 PM   #144

I just realised that the only show I watch regularly now on telly is The Simpsons (yes I'm still an avid fan even after 20 seasons )

As for Lost, I lost (no pun intended) interest after the first season (the first season was great though). Tried to like Heroes and then Fringe, no luck.

Someone mentioned X-files - great Idea! I really need to watch the early seasons again.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:23 PM   #145
Homer of Kittens

I guess I might be in the minority here, but I still find LOST as intriguing as ever. It just keeps throwing new and exciting twists at the viewers. I especially like the latest twist :
Spoiler:

In which half of the LOST crew are part of the darma initiative, so you live the darma days from their point of view

Firefox rules
Old 04-12-2009, 11:56 PM   #146
Psychonaut

I'm still loving LOST.

It got sidetracked a couple of seasons ago, but is now firing on all cylinders towards the ending.

The last episode about Ben and the smoke monster was great.

I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a dream.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:49 AM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
Completely agree. After The Life and Death of Jeremy Betham I almost lost any residual interest I had in the show. Too bad that they haven't any good writer...
Well actually they have the same writer team that they had when Lost was at its best The thing is Lost was intended to be only 1 Season show and when they saw that it's drawing unexpectedly large audience they decided to make more seasons. When they were finishing Season 1 they didn't even know what/who will be in the hatch

Anyway when the show goes from 23 million (Season 2 premiere) to 8.2 million viewers (last episode) you can tell that there is something wrong with it
Old 04-13-2009, 01:36 AM   #148
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Lost is as great as it's ever been, in my opinion.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #149
Stalker of Britain

Well, I thought LOST ahd "lost" some momentum, but the new season has really picked it back up. Now it's as good as it's ever been.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-14-2009, 09:28 AM   #150
In an evening of July...

Yeah, the latest season is pretty good, a real mindfuck.

I began watching Fringe. Decent show, love the supernatural stuff. Oh, and Supernatural's fourth season also rocks.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:48 AM   #151
I think with my heart

I am watching the Dr. Who series from 2005 on, with Christopher Eccleston and later David Tennant as the Doctor and all though I am not a Sci Fi geek, I do like it and enjoy it (for the mixture of crazy alien stuff and time travel, but the "(non)human" drama as well).

I love it! But I can't believe they cast that young bloke of a boy to replace David Tennant. But I'll give him a change.

It's nice to see all this nice British actors pop up (gives ya the Harry Potter feeling, no, all these guest appearances, like Roger Lloyd Peck and Zoe Wanamaker)...

Does any other Adventure Gamer like Dr. Who (new or old series)?
Old 09-21-2009, 07:27 AM   #152
delusions of adequacy

Ugh, how do people watch Fringe? Its terrible, poorly cribbed plots, worse acting and dear god, I mean its Pacey from that rich kid teen drama Dawson's Creek. I don't know how it could be any worse.

To avoid criticising without my own reveal, I've been watching season 1 of Ashes to Ashes, the successor (but not sequel) to the series Life on Mars. Mostly I enjoy the music and seeing the 80s fashions again.

I have been taping but not keeping up with United States of Tara, Watched the first few eps of the first season of The Tudors and finished the first season of Pushing Daisies. I don't think I'll watch season 2 of Pushing Daisies, the gimmic seems to be wearing thin and I'd really only be tuning in to watch Anna Friel move around to be honest.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:44 AM   #153
Not like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruca View Post
Does any other Adventure Gamer like Dr. Who (new or old series)?
Yeah, I love the new series. I especially love the episodes written by Steven Moffat, so I'm really excited that he's taking over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk View Post
Ugh, how do people watch Fringe? Its terrible, poorly cribbed plots, worse acting and dear god, I mean its Pacey from that rich kid teen drama Dawson's Creek. I don't know how it could be any worse.
I really enjoy Fringe. Each episode there's some zany new sci-fi technology, and that's just fun to watch. Walter is entertaining, the plots move forward at a good pace, the larger mythology of the show is really cool. It's not a character-driven show, so I don't particularly care what the acting is like.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:51 AM   #154
Dungeon Master

I have the strangest love-hate relationship with new Who (working my way through series 4 now). Episodes range from brilliant (Shakespeare Code, School Reunion, or anything Moffat), to embarassing (Fear Her, anything with Slitheens), with anything in between (series finales tend to be an even mix of the amazing and the eye-roll inducing, for example).

It is bound to improve greatly after Moffat takes over, though. And I don't worry about the new lead too much, because I had thought nobody could ever replace Eccleston after his final episode, and was so wrong.

And concerning Lost, I'd side with those who consider fifth the weakest season. The finale was pretty disappointing, too.

Spoiler:
The present-time events were exciting, and promise good things for the final season (the reveal about Locke is easily one of the Top Five "Holy Shit!" Moments of the show's run), but the payoff of the Dharma stuff, which made a bulk of the story, was surprisingly devoid of surprises.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:49 PM   #155
The Major Grubert.

This one is looking very good:

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-prisoner/...-comic-con.php
Old 09-29-2009, 02:54 AM   #156
the midnight rambler

I really, really enjoyed Lost for the first couple of series and it's progressively got worse with more and more deliberate mindfucks piled on top of the previous series' mindfucks. It's misguided and bloated and should be put out of its misery as soon as possible. The problem is I've invested... *calculates time* over 60 hours into the series and I'll be damned if I'm not going to see those closing credits now.

I also don't understand the fuss surrounding Heroes. I found most of the characters really irritating, especially Mohinder and his terrible narration, spewing philosophical hokum at the beginning and end of each episode!

Dr Who as well! Pah!

Last edited by geggis; 09-29-2009 at 03:12 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #157
The Major Grubert.

I totally love LOST all the way through. Of course, they have to come through in the last season to tie it all together, but so far, it's been intriquing (if you've been paying attention).
Old 09-30-2009, 03:52 AM   #158
the midnight rambler

I don't think they will tie it up though. They've knitted too much of a tangled yarn to explain even some of the more recent mysteries never mind the early ones! I hope they can but I'm not optimistic!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:47 AM   #159
Not like them!

I'm pretty sure I've already mentioned this, but I've come up with an explanation for everything that's happened in Lost. I think the whole story makes a lot of sense with it, with the exception of the time travel mechanics (which almost never make sense in any story). I also think it's very plausible that everything I've come up with is the original intent of the writers, and that by the end of the show much of it could be explained in a straightforward way.

If you want to see what I've come up with, I wrote it all up here.

Now, I'm not saying that I'm necessarily right. It could be that I've misread all the clues and the actual explanation is going to be something very different. But what my theory proves definitively is that it's not too tangled up for it to all make sense somehow.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:12 AM   #160
In an evening of July...

tl;dr, but apparently you draw parallels to the Bible - I was just about to write that I sure hope the writers don't come up with a biblical excuse for their mess of a story.