You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2010, 12:50 PM   #5121
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Falsetto and busy horn sections for the win.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #5122
tsa
Playing character

Those guys were brilliant! And I still wonder how they did the special effects in the clip. Remeber that in the 1970s everything was done analog.

Edit: here's another one of them.

Last edited by tsa; 03-27-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #5123
kamikaze hummingbirds

On the subject of music, Yo La Tengo's on the go round my end:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B22T29GzUSA&NR=1

And this track has the bonus element of Kevin Shields from MBV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvJ7wEFiDBw

On the subject of everything else, I'm relatively optimistic - that'll probably change at some point, but for now at least, I feel quite happy.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:12 PM   #5124
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Dear Aggie,

My sister and her boyfriend just left in our smaller car, which we had agreed I may use this sunday. I called them to remind them of that, and since my mother agreed (as I had a good reason why I would prefer the smaller car today), and convinced them to come back. As they returned, my sister's boyfriend kept on calling me a little crying girl, and saying they'll blame me if their insects freeze to death (which would happen in the other car too, as the heater is currently not working). It really hurt me, as it does everytime they accuse me of things, even though I know I am at right.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 03-27-2010, 11:43 PM   #5125
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Homework for tomorrow. There will be a test on all the countries of Europe, especially Norway and Finland!
Isn't the location of the Netherlands more important for forumites at the moment. It wouldn't be any good if I went to Stockholm by mistake in April.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irons View Post
If I said I was from finland I might have been miss writing, I'm from Norway, Ellie is from Finland we live in Sweden, Stockholm
The bit about working for the best Swedish bank tipped me off on that one but I didn't like to say anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Dear Aggie,

My sister and her boyfriend just left in our smaller car, which we had agreed I may use this sunday. I called them to remind them of that, and since my mother agreed (as I had a good reason why I would prefer the smaller car today), and convinced them to come back. As they returned, my sister's boyfriend kept on calling me a little crying girl, and saying they'll blame me if their insects freeze to death (which would happen in the other car too, as the heater is currently not working). It really hurt me, as it does everytime they accuse me of things, even though I know I am at right.

-
If it was agreed then they are the ones most definitely in the wrong. If they're going to call you a little crying girl for standing up for your rights then that's just pathetic.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 03-28-2010, 02:45 AM   #5126
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Dear Aggie,

-
I don't get the whole story but I think your sister's boyfriend is a pathetic little prat for doing that to you . There's only one thing that you can do: pan him!
Jazzie's sister's boyfriend
Old 03-28-2010, 03:07 AM   #5127
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Dear Aggie,

-
Oh Jaz I'm sorry that he said that to you.... that stinks.

If everyone agreeded on you having the car, then it is their fault if anything happens to their bugs.

As far as him calling you a little crying girl..... tell him that "well in that case, it sounds like he is crying like a little girl, so he taught you everything he knows". (about being a crying girl that is.)

Do you need me to take care of your light work....... I can chop him into little boyfriend chunks for you

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 03-28-2010, 03:53 AM   #5128
Lazy Bee

Jaz
It seems your sister's boyfriend doesn't cope with being corrected. And the things he calls you says more bout him than what is says about you.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:08 AM   #5129
Creepy Father Figure

Dear Jazzie,
If your sisters boyfriend does not like the situation tell him to get his own friggin car.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:00 AM   #5130
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Waiting to go out for Dad's memorial dinner... My siblings wrote me back... And one of my close friends...
That's incredibly sweet of them. *hugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
True, but complaining about a bad job is as justified as complaining about having too much bad sex. Anyway, hopefully you're at least getting paid for working overtime, unlike some jobs I can name...
That's very true. It's just hard for folks to believe that there is such a thing as bad sex when you're getting some and they aren't (which I'm not, but that's another kettle of fish). And the job is alright, for certain values of alright. It's just me. I'm mega-stressed and coping poorly with the demands. and no, there is no overtime. They've been very careful to keep me on part-time hours. they merely pack so much into a part-time day that I feel like I'm working harder than when I had a full-time job (which wasn't that long ago).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
((Squinkykins)) You're to smart to remain idle for long.
Agreed 1000%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Erm, is complaining about having too much sex a problem? Cause believe me...well, just believe me. I don't feel like we're ready to go into details. ...
Hon, get it while the getting's good. Because believe me, t'too much sex' is never a permanent situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
Anyone who complains about having too much sex, will be met by extreme bitterness from moi.
Well, it ain't me, guy. Maybe my alter-ego... but not me. Not in many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Falsetto and busy horn sections for the win.
Well, Earth Wind and Fire pretty much made a career of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
I don't get the whole story but I think your sister's boyfriend is a pathetic little prat for doing that to you . There's only one thing that you can do: pan him!
Jazzie's sister's boyfriend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Jaz
It seems your sister's boyfriend doesn't cope with being corrected. And the things he calls you says more bout him than what is says about you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
Dear Jazzie,
If your sisters boyfriend does not like the situation tell him to get his own friggin car.
Agreed with all three. Your possible-future-brother-in-law is a prat. If it's that bloody important, he can rent a car... and if he can't afford it, then he's got nothing to say on the matter. Nothing. Real men don't point fingers; they solve problems.

And now...

Dear Aggie:

Guybrush should have left with Morgan. Just sayin'.

I spent a week covering for our chief designer, and it was mind-flaying, having to keep up with both his duties and mine. Thank goodness it was technically a light week for his duties and mine, because together, they equalled an overload week. I almost made full-time hours last week. Technically with the Saturday shift, i probably did make full time hours. Still not overtime, though.

Anyway, things should be back to normal tomorrow. I wish this weekend was a little longer, though. I'm pretty wrung out, and could really use a rest. I have to start the laundry soon.

I still haven't finished the redesign of my website. I still have a few pages to finish making navigation buttons for, and then I have to crop all of my button images and plop them into place on the html pages. Then I have to implement the blog and the gallery features, which I still haven't conquered. I was on a pretty manic high when I started this project, but the medication is finally starting to settle me down, so I'm not nearly as productive as I was. Mind you, being tired from work is doubtless having an effect as well.

Here's a couple of sample pages:
Splash Page
Future Blog Page

Anyway, I guess I'll go get cleaned up and get back to work. *sigh* Maybe there will be some Sam & Max later. I'm kind of playing through both seasons at the moment. The Wii has really increased my AG playing lately. Shame that will peter out in another few weeks. There just aren't enough AG ports and episodes out there for the Wii. *double sigh*
Old 03-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #5131
Stalker of Britain

Aww, Jazzie! *hugs*

He shouldn't have called you that, and you had every right to ask for the car, since it was already decided. I'm sorry, and I know how much it hurts when someone (close) says something like that. *hugs*

So, I'm really in love with Red Dwarf, and they are having a contest for the best impression. The winner gets to go to the Red Dwarf convention, and I just think that would be AMAZING!! I'm afraid I won't have a chance, though. f you guys would go and favorite it (how they count who wins) I would really appreciate it, more than I can say. Only if you think I deserve it, of course. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Pue...response_watch
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 03-28-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:45 AM   #5132

Thanks for the support, everyone.

Luckily, my sister's boyfriend later realised that he was wrong. He tends to overreact in situations like that, when he's already stressed. But I am glad he realised I was right. I could not have used the other car where we were driving. It was a muddy hill, where we were parking and driving down, and I don't want to imagine what we would have done without the four wheel drive.

-

Old 03-29-2010, 08:26 AM   #5133
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Aww, Jazzie! *hugs*

He shouldn't have called you that, and you had every right to ask for the car, since it was already decided. I'm sorry, and I know how much it hurts when someone (close) says something like that. *hugs*

So, I'm really in love with Red Dwarf, and they are having a contest for the best impression. The winner gets to go to the Red Dwarf convention, and I just think that would be AMAZING!! I'm afraid I won't have a chance, though. f you guys would go and favorite it (how they count who wins) I would really appreciate it, more than I can say. Only if you think I deserve it, of course. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Pue...response_watch
You just reminded me that I have a photo from years ago when I was a kid of Craig Charles (who plays Lister) biting my arm at a sci-fi / cult convention thingy. I also participated in an improvised 'Star Trek' episode with that dude from 'The Lone Gunmen' and, thus, made the guy who played Harry Kim in Voyager lol.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:36 AM   #5134
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Thanks for the support, everyone.

Luckily, my sister's boyfriend later realised that he was wrong. He tends to overreact in situations like that, when he's already stressed.
That's nice Jaz. But what is the story about the freezing insects?
Old 03-29-2010, 10:03 AM   #5135

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
That's nice Jaz. But what is the story about the freezing insects?
They breed insects like Praying Manti, and they've recently selling them at Reptile and Insect fairs.

-

Old 03-29-2010, 11:41 AM   #5136
tsa
Playing character

Cool. I still want to go to a Reptile fair. They are held every 4 months or so in Hengelo, close to Enschede. I want to make pictures of the people there .
Old 03-31-2010, 07:03 AM   #5137
Lazy Bee

Let me introduce myself:

Jelena, law court secretary!

I got the job! Apparently I was the last one to be interviewed and they called me a couple of hours later. Quick decisions!

Old 03-31-2010, 08:09 AM   #5138
Pixiehunter

Congratulations Jelena!
I hope you have lots of fun with it!
Old 03-31-2010, 08:12 AM   #5139
Stalker of Britain

Good job, Jelena!!! Congrats!!!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 03-31-2010, 08:31 AM   #5140
tsa
Playing character

That's brilliant Jelena! Many congratulations!