You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2010, 02:23 AM   #5161
tsa
Playing character

But you HAVE to boast Luna! Most scientists I know are modest, but to be heard you really have to try to stand out. Where is the job? I guess not in the Netherlands if you have to translate your CV to English.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:18 AM   #5162
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen View Post
At the moment I am writing the application letter and translating my CV to English. Both prove to be difficult for a first time try. I don't like boasting about all the things I've done and why I am THE person. I am a very moderate girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
But you HAVE to boast Luna! Most scientists I know are modest, but to be heard you really have to try to stand out. Where is the job? I guess not in the Netherlands if you have to translate your CV to English.
Luna
I agree it's difficult to "sell yourself" and boast. As you know I recently went to job interviews and what tsa says really is true. In order to get the interview you have to stand out one way or another. Try to find the best "true-to-Luna-boasting" you can, since at the interview you still have to be the person you presented in the letter.
I worked with a catchy heading in one of my applications and at the interview they referred to it, so it must have done something to attract their interest.

You'll have to tell us all about your job hunting when we meet.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:36 AM   #5163
tsa
Playing character

If you need help with your CV and letter just PM me Luna. I have some experience .
Old 04-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #5164
Pixiehunter

Thanks tsa and Jelena, I'll try to find that perfect balance of standing out but not boasting.

The job is in the Netherlands, at the Donders Institute (where I do my internship). But the main language at the center is English, so applications have to be in English as well.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #5165
tsa
Playing character

Donders! That is cool, you don't have to move when you get the job.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #5166
Creepy Father Figure

Wow that means I have a chance at this place!!
Never mind, your English is better than mine. And the only other language I know is Restaurant Spanish.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:12 PM   #5167
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
Wow that means I have a chance at this place!!
Never mind, your English is better than mine. And the only other language I know is Restaurant Spanish.

I know some Restaurant greek. "Logarismo paragallo" is "The bill please".

And of course the classic spanish sentence everyone should know. "Si, he dejado e liberdad los prisĂ*oneros e jahora vengo para ti!" (Probably full of incorrect spellings. I can only say it correctly I don't remember how it was written), which of course means "Yes, I have released your prisoners, and now I've come for you"

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 04-11-2010, 11:38 PM   #5168
Stalker of Britain

Hey AG Blog.

I'm so ready for school to get out. I'm getting worn down from all these papers and tests, and I'm ready to just be able to play my beloved games all day. But then again, I'll be back home, without Louie or fast internet. Or a job... and under my parents' suffocating view. (I know they mean the best, but still). So I'm kind of confused what I should be looking forward to. I wish I could just enjoy the present 100%.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-11-2010, 11:57 PM   #5169
tsa
Playing character

O, the joys of adolescence .
Old 04-12-2010, 04:46 AM   #5170
It's Hard To Be Humble

Dear Aggie:

Tired. So tired. I feel like I need one of Aerosmith's Permanent Vacations. Or maybe just Max Webster's Million Vacations. That might do. Gotta actually be productive some of the time.

In other news, I may be losing my marbles. Stay tuned to this channel for late breaking developments.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:20 AM   #5171
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Hey AG Blog.

I'm so ready for school to get out. I'm getting worn down from all these papers and tests, and I'm ready to just be able to play my beloved games all day. But then again, I'll be back home, without Louie or fast internet. Or a job... and under my parents' suffocating view. (I know they mean the best, but still). So I'm kind of confused what I should be looking forward to. I wish I could just enjoy the present 100%.
I know what you mean. This semester is going to go down as one of the more hellish experiences of my life. I hate every single class I have, mostly because they're classes I have to take but don't especially want to (yay for liberal arts). For example, I have Sociology 330, Philosophy 209, and Chinese 102. The array of classes doesn't even make sense.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:49 AM   #5172
kamikaze hummingbirds

I have a lot of essays. Argh.
I can't say I've disliked the year though, as my self-esteem is rising!
Old 04-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #5173
Stalker of Britain

I'm glad it's rising, Hammy.

Yes, I have one class that I absolutely hate, to the point of crying of frustration. And I've been feeling very socially awkward lately, but I can't say I hate school all together, especially my free time.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-12-2010, 11:07 AM   #5174
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
I'm glad it's rising, Hammy.

Yes, I have one class that I absolutely hate, to the point of crying of frustration. And I've been feeling very socially awkward lately, but I can't say I hate school all together, especially my free time.
Thanks!
Sorry to hear you're stressed and feeling socially awkward... but you seem to have good things on the horizon like your marriage and stuff, and you're a likeable person (from what I can gather) so try not to worry to much.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #5175
Second Degree Black Belt

Hello Blog.......

Matt and I had a great anniversery......we have been married 11 yeas we went to Outback for steak.......it was yummy.

I went back to work today after having my spring break and bring off work all week........ I have torn the muscles around my rotator cup...... in some pain..... and I really tired and whiny from moving furniture in my class today....... I'm just having a whiny day

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 04-12-2010, 05:33 PM   #5176
Stalker of Britain

Congratulations, Bullsie! I'm very happy for you, although I'm sorry you're in pain.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #5177
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

You tore your rotator cuff muscles and you were still moving furniture?!?! You are one tough chick, bullsie! And congratulations on your "anniversar-ary" too!

Last edited by Trunkyo; 04-13-2010 at 06:11 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #5178
tsa
Playing character

Be careful with yourself bullsie! No wonder you're whining . Get well soon!
Old 04-13-2010, 06:01 AM   #5179
Lazy Bee

Get well soon Bullsie!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:59 PM   #5180
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkyo View Post
You tore your rotator cuff muscles and you were still moving furniture?!?! You are one tough chick, bullsie! And congratulations on your "anniversar-ary" too!
Of course I'm a tough chick, but on the inside I'm all sweet and smushy...... but dont tell anyone I dont want to blow my cover Thanks sweetie....... yeah I tore the muscles about 4 weeks ago and I "thought" it was better to move some stuff, I guess not Today was not as bad but my shoulder is throbbing real bad, I have to take it easy tonight at karate.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes kisses to you all

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky