You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2006, 02:07 AM   #21

Ummm....I'm not so sure about where this is headed

> Go out in drag

Suddenly you snap to your senses! Terrible flashbacks of your older sister dressing you up as a woman when you were a kid come screaming back.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", you shout at the top of your lungs. Everyone in the office starts looking in your direction. After a moment you regain your senses, duck your head, and run to the bathroom.

> Wash off lipstick
Old 03-17-2006, 03:36 AM   #22

> Wash off lipstick

While you try to wash off the lipstick (something you don't have particularly much experience with), the door behind you suddenly opens. It's your annoying co-worker Bob!
Before he gets the chance to take a good look, you spurt off to the nearest toilet and lock the door behind you.
"Hey, have you seen my report lying around somewhere? I've been looking for it for the last two and a half minutes", he shouts to you over the toilet door. You give a negative answer, but Bob doesn't let you get away that easily. He starts one of his world-famous rants about his teenage daughter.

> will bob dead
Old 03-17-2006, 04:06 AM   #23

As you sit on the can, you start willing with all your might. Your face goes beet red, you feel a couple of capilaries pop, and just when you're about to pass out from the straing, you hear a loud thud. You slowly open the stall door and see Bob lying on the ground with a surprised look on his face. He doesn't appear to be breathing. Alright it worked! Either that or it was an incredible coincidence. But either way, Bob appears to be dead!

> go on brutal killing spree willing all co-workers dead
Old 03-17-2006, 04:22 AM   #24

> go on brutal killing spree willing all co-workers dead

As you stand in the bathroom, you start willing with all your might. Your face goes beet red, you feel a couple of capilaries pop, and just when you're about to pass out from the straing, you hear a loud thud.
For a second, your joy over your newfound powers makes you the happiest person on earth, but you're quickly brought back to reality with the realization that the thud came from a smash to the back of your head with some kind of blunt object. You fall to the ground and black out.

You wake up in what seems to be a wine cellar. You're tied to a chair.

> examine room

This is fun!
Old 03-17-2006, 04:35 AM   #25

Isn't it? I'm loving this. Great job so far guys, its been funny. I'm lovin where this is going. But you people keep preventing me from murder and suicide. Geez!

> examine room

The room is pretty gloomy and dank. You can make out some large wine casks around the room, hence your assumption for this being a wine cellar. The only sound you hear is that of a slight dripping every so often.

You take a closer look at yourself. You've got a pretty sharp headache and your arms seem pretty securely tied behind your back to the chair. You can move your feet though.

"What the heck am I gonna do now?", you think to yourself.

You suddenly hear some noise above. Sounds sort of like muffled footsteps. Perhaps someone headed this way. You might not want to wait around to find out who it is.

> pretend to be unconscious
Old 03-17-2006, 09:00 AM   #26
Barroom hero

>pretend to be unconscious

The footsteps get closer until you can feel somebody's presence near.

You restrain from opening your eyes and simulate inconscience, concentrating on trying not to sweat too much due to your fear. You can smell cheap Cologne and hear noises of somebody probably writing on a notepad and probably drinking something.
After a few minutes, the mysterious person leaves, and you dare open your eyes again.

A belgian beer has been left on the floor a few steps from you.

>reach for beer
Old 03-17-2006, 10:02 AM   #27

> reach for beer

You hop your chair towards the beer. The wonderful aroma greets you as you approach, sharpening your senses and sending chills down your spine. You pick up the bottle, only to realize that you will never, ever get it to your mouth without untying your hands first. So close, and yet so far! The torture is almost unbearable. These guys are professionals, you can tell.

Fortunately they forgot to check your pockets. You still have your wallet, a Mars bar, your unsigned letter of resignation and a keyring. Unfortunately, you can't reach your pockets.

> commit suicide
Old 03-17-2006, 11:40 AM   #28
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

> COMMIT SUICIDE

You pick up the bottle of beer with your feet again and smash it against the ground a few times until it breaks. Beer and glass shards go flying everywhere.

You then proceed to stand up on your feet and try to tip yourself forward so your forehead impacts with the largest glass shard. Unfortunately the puddle of beer is slippery and you end up missing. Your head plows into a part of the floor with little glass shards instead, giving you an even bigger headache and blood and beer dripping from little cuts into your eyes. Your knees and shins are now rather cut up and sore as well.

Meanwhile, the universe defies you and places the large glass shard just inside the nice little triangle that your seated body forms. You decide that God must be a LucasArts game designer instead of a Sierra designer.

> USE BROKEN GLASS TO FREE HANDS

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."
Old 03-17-2006, 11:59 AM   #29
Lovable rogue

> USE BROKEN GLASS TO FREE HANDS

while cutting the rope you slip, slicing through the artery in your wrist.

> Wait to bleed to death

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 03-18-2006, 12:58 AM   #30
Freeware Co-ordinator

What is it with this suicide obsession

> Wait to bleed to death

You wait...

And you wait...

And you wait...

After a while it becomes clear to you that you are not in fact bleeding to death. Bringing your now freed hands round in front of you, you examine your wrists closely and find that you have indeed cut them. However, no blood is coming out and, now you come to think of it, your skin seems abnormally pale.

You wonder what this means.

> Examine room
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 03-18-2006, 08:27 AM   #31
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Examine Room

You examine the room, finding out that everything looks different now. Somehow you can look through walls. Through one wall you can see several guards sitting by a table playing cards. Through the wall next to the first one, you see a sofa and a tv, and conclude that's it's the livingroom. Trough the third wall... Wait, you can't see through the third wall. Although you can see through all the shelfs with alcohol witch stands infront of the wall, and you think you can very weekly see a.... DOOR??!

<Examine Shelfs
Old 03-18-2006, 08:31 AM   #32
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

> Examine Shelves

As you cast your gaze over the rows of dusty bottles a sudden glinting light startles you. Leaning closer to the shelves you notice a small, ornate locket with a piece of paper stuffed crudely inside. A small spider scuttles around the locket, as if to warn away those who might choose to get too close.

> Examine Spider

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 03-18-2006, 08:39 AM   #33
Freeware Co-ordinator

Examine Spider

It's black with some red spots on its abdomen. Vague memories of a long ago nature class tell you this might be a Black Widow.

> Push shelves

Cold Topic

Old 03-18-2006, 08:50 AM   #34

> push shelves

For a second, you consider that pushing shelves full of wine bottles might not be the best idea in this particular situation.

You push them anyway. The first shelf smashes against the second one, bottles falling on the ground with loud noises, fine wall splashing everywhere. The second shelf, under pressure by the first one, starts to fall over as well, causing a domino effect and an insane amount of noise.

Congratulations, you've just alarmed every single person in the whole building. As you can see through the walls, they all stand up simultaneously, and start running towards your room.

> hide under shelves
Old 03-18-2006, 08:54 AM   #35
Freeware Co-ordinator

> hide under shelves

You move to hide under the shelves but the way they have fallen prevents you getting underneath them. In trying to find a space to squeeze into you see the spider has been crushed by a falling bottle leaving the locket unguarded next to the door.

The sound of pounding feet is coming from some distance down the corridor outside.

> Take locket

Cold Topic

Old 03-18-2006, 08:58 AM   #36
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

> Take Locket

You grab the locket and shove it into your pocket, being careful not to tear the corner of the protruding paper. As you do, you notice that you have a small splinter of glass stuck in your right hand.

Someone begins banging on the door. You sure as hell aren't getting out by that route.

> Remain Hidden

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 03-18-2006, 09:25 AM   #37
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

>Remain Hidden

In your make shift hiding place thats infact just the corner of the room you begin to realise that the guard are sure to spot your right away, scanning the room quickly you look for a new hiding place....

Too Late! the guard bash in and notice the bloody mess of beer and glass.
They split up and now begin to scour the room for any clue of your presence.

"This is no good" you think to yourself "Im done for!"

A large (?) pops over one of the guards heads as he examines the trashed wine shelfs....Crap! the blood dripping from your has left a trail leading straight to your current location!

>Eat Mars Bar
Old 03-18-2006, 09:32 AM   #38
Freeware Co-ordinator

Eat Mars Bar

As you munch on the chocolaty snack wondering whether it will be your last meal you suddenly recall that you don't seem to be able to bleed (see post 30) The guards must have spotted somethings else. Surely enough the guards seem to have decided there is something the other side of the smashed shelving. They are clambering across the shelving, making a lot of noise in the process. This route also means none of them are looking towards you or the door.

> sneak to door

Cold Topic

Old 03-18-2006, 10:05 AM   #39
Super Moderator

Sneak to door

You get to the door and notice that it is just a standard door - nothing special - but it's locked. You then notice the key in the keyhole from the other side. Not having a pointy object with which to get said key, you wonder how to get through. While the guards are examining the shelves and making lots of racket, you decide to kick in the door.

> kick in door
Old 03-18-2006, 11:52 AM   #40
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Kick in door

You run towards the door with all your power and bump your shoulder hard into the door. It feels like your shoulder has been snapped off, and the door didn't move. Seeing that this isn't the way to do it, you examine the door, finding a loose little splinter on the door.

>Take bit of door