You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure What Adventure Game Would You Like To See As A Film?

View Poll Results: Which Adventure into a movie would you like?
The Monkey Island Series 16 25.81%
Beneath A Steel Sky 14 22.58%
Simon The Sorcerer 2 3.23%
Maniac Mansion/Day of The Tentacle 4 6.45%
The Kings Quest Series 5 8.06%
The Space Quest Series 8 12.90%
Grim Fandango 32 51.61%
Zack Mckracken & The Alien Mindbenders 3 4.84%
The Manhunter Series (New York/Sanfrancisco) 4 6.45%
Other... Please Post 25 40.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2005, 08:25 AM   #61
Penguin liberator

Send a message via AIM to seraph00 Send a message via Yahoo to seraph00
Default cool

Personally I think Bruce Campell is uber cool. I own all 3 movies in the Evil Dead series on DVD, and have owned the series since back when they came out on VHS tape. Seriously, with the amount of abuse he takes in all 3 movies, ash could probably beat up Superman. Incidently, the fist full of boomstick game with his voice overs was awesome.

As far as best adventure game to make into a movie, I would say the Gabriel Knight series, even though they are somewhat like a movie already. They just offer a lot that i've not even seen one game come seriously close too since their original release. If it were an adventure comedy movie though, hands down it would have to be the Space Quest series, Roger Wilco is the man.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:36 AM   #62
A Mighty Fine Pirate

Send a message via ICQ to maxpayne2409 Send a message via MSN to maxpayne2409 Send a message via Yahoo to maxpayne2409

god damn i hate zach braff, hes a damn lamer
Old 01-10-2005, 09:47 AM   #63
DAVE

Bruce Campbell kicks ass, which is why he shouldn't be Guybrush. That's rather simple. He can play Elvis and all, but geeks ain't his show.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:14 AM   #64
A Mighty Fine Pirate

Send a message via ICQ to maxpayne2409 Send a message via MSN to maxpayne2409 Send a message via Yahoo to maxpayne2409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbert
Bruce Campbell kicks ass, which is why he shouldn't be Guybrush. That's rather simple. He can play Elvis and all, but geeks ain't his show.
but ash in evil dead starts out as a bit of a geek, well hes certainly no popular kid but gets tougher as the movies go on
Old 01-10-2005, 11:28 AM   #65
DAVE

I never did find that very believable. His place is in kickass-country.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:58 PM   #66
A Mighty Fine Pirate

catbert, just off topic a sec your avatar reminded me, the guys behind the league of gentleman have almost finished the league of gentleman movie, hope papa laz is in it, and hilary bris
Old 01-11-2005, 04:59 PM   #67
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

On the subject of adventure games as movies, did everyone see the concept art from the Monkey Island 3D animated film that was cancelled while still in pre-production at Industrial Light and Magic around 2001?

I think I alluded to it earlier in this thread the "money island" thread, but then made up a bunch of stuff about it later in the post to make it look like I made it all up.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 01-11-2005, 06:42 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
On the subject of adventure games as movies, did everyone see the concept art from the Monkey Island 3D animated film that was cancelled while still in pre-production at Industrial Light and Magic around 2001?

I think I alluded to it earlier in this thread the "money island" thread, but then made up a bunch of stuff about it later in the post to make it look like I made it all up.
Whaaa? That's crazy!
Old 01-12-2005, 09:46 AM   #69
A Mighty Fine Pirate

just checked out the cancelled mi movie pics u linked, and to be honest, le chuck looks gay, hes way too alive looking, infact he doesnt look teh slightest bit on teh dead side
Old 04-17-2006, 05:38 AM   #70

I would love to see Monkey Island as a film, however after the "Pirates of Caribbean"-movies most people would think Monkey Island was a pirates-rip off and the movie would be a big failure.

The same for Simon the Sorcerer and King's Quest after all the Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and Narnia movies.

Zack Mckracken & The Alien Mindbenders and the Maniac Mansion games are probably too wacky, but they might work as cartoons. The same for Sam and Max.

Game-movies that might work, with right directors, actors etc, would be Beneath A Steel Sky (great sci/fi), Grim Fandango (not real actors), Space Quest (fun sci/fi), Cruise for a Corpse (who dunnit) and KGB:Conspiracy (I would love it).
Old 04-17-2006, 10:02 AM   #71
Dungeon Master

Welcome to the Forum, Rapp Scallion

I must disagree with you about the King's Quest games. That series was always about mixing elements from well-known fairy tales and legends, so I don't see how Lord of the Rings or Narnia movies (based on the original books that preceded Roberta Williams' series by decades) could have possibly changed the public reception of KQ movies.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:16 PM   #72

Thank you!

Yes, the King's Quest games came long before the Narnia and Lord of the Ring movies, however the most people probably have forgotten about King's Quest games and the rest have never played them. So they would probably see a movie with some King (Graham) and witches, dragons, dwarfes and other creatures that already exist in the Narnia, LOTR and Harry Potter and would think it was just a cheap ripoff. But, it doesn't have to be that way.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:36 PM   #73
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapp Scallion
I would love to see Monkey Island as a film, however after the "Pirates of Caribbean"-movies most people would think Monkey Island was a pirates-rip off and the movie would be a big failure.
I think if there was a Monkey Island movie then it should be based off of MI2, and have MI1 as flash backs or something. cause the events that happened in MI1 when put together without the puzzles doesnt seem that long, it could be done with in half an hour.

But MI2 had about 3 or 4 times more
Old 04-17-2006, 12:44 PM   #74

I think Topher Grace (Eric from That 70's Show) would make a good Guybrush.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:51 PM   #75
woof

Hes certianly goofy enough

My vote would have been for David Spade
Old 04-17-2006, 03:14 PM   #76
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

I wanna see the Longest Journey as a movie..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 04-17-2006, 03:21 PM   #77
Adventure Lover

Send a message via AIM to Boneho Chane

Broken Sword definately. If no one makes it into a film, I will. It's one of my dreams. And Owen Wilson would make a great George Stobbart, he would just have to get out that of whole comedic image he's held for the last how many years.

And Zach Baff would make a good Guybush because their humor is quite similar.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:36 PM   #78
woof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneho Chane
Broken Sword definately. If no one makes it into a film, I will. It's one of my dreams. And Owen Wilson would make a great George Stobbart, he would just have to get out that of whole comedic image he's held for the last how many years.

And Zach Baff would make a good Guybush because their humor is quite similar.

Its not hard for someone to go from comedic to seriouse, look at ashton Kutcher(sp?) when he done the Butterfly Effect.

I havent Zach in anyhting apart from scrubs, so the only way I could picture him is as a daydreamer

Although I think he would make a good CMI style Guybrush, they both have a pretty sarcastic attitude
Old 04-18-2006, 02:17 AM   #79
kamikaze hummingbirds

That's a whole lot of cheap ripoffs, Rapp Scallion, it sure is.

I suppose i can agree with the KQ thing, but I think that anyone who didnt know about the Monkey Island games would probably consider it as a parody of Pirates Of The Carribean.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:19 AM   #80
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

What about a CG movie?

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives