You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure What Adventure Game Would You Like To See As A Film?

View Poll Results: Which Adventure into a movie would you like?
The Monkey Island Series 16 25.81%
Beneath A Steel Sky 14 22.58%
Simon The Sorcerer 2 3.23%
Maniac Mansion/Day of The Tentacle 4 6.45%
The Kings Quest Series 5 8.06%
The Space Quest Series 8 12.90%
Grim Fandango 32 51.61%
Zack Mckracken & The Alien Mindbenders 3 4.84%
The Manhunter Series (New York/Sanfrancisco) 4 6.45%
Other... Please Post 25 40.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2005, 12:16 AM   #41
delusions of adequacy

I don't understand the US obsession with Tom Hanks, he irks me like a Chucky doll. He would probably make a good 'Stan' in a Monkey Island movie.

I would've picked Keira Knightly for Walker over Portman, but after the awful King Arthur, doing a game to movie license is probably the last thing she needs.

Beetlejuice made me fall in love with Geena Davis. Many years later I watched Earth Girls and Easy and an obsession was born. She'd have made a decent Elaine if you brought her back from 1988, god now I wish you could...
Old 01-07-2005, 02:19 AM   #42
A Mighty Fine Pirate

Send a message via ICQ to maxpayne2409 Send a message via MSN to maxpayne2409 Send a message via Yahoo to maxpayne2409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbert
They could probably make Simon the Sorcerer, but not that 3d version story. Half the "jokes" (that weren't funny) were him blinking. BLOOOOOOOOW. I'd like to see either a Discworld movie with Eric Idle's voice, a Gabriel Knight flick or Grim Fandango. CGI, maybe. Like Final Fantasy, except with a story.
hey papa c

there are already some kind of discworld movies (well mini series i suppose) altho not featuring eric idle, wyrd systers & soul musics, also truckers (which i believe was also pratchett)

i agree with u about simon 3d,. it was so crap i actually took the cd out of my computer and just threw it straight at the wall, felt better until i had to clear up the mess, simon 1 was ace, simon 2 was still good but simon 3d was.. well it looked like they had a work experience kid in and just said "right heres simon the sorcerer, stick him in 3d and turn him into what comes out of cows backwards and not the isle of wight ferry
Old 01-07-2005, 07:40 AM   #43
pain is love

Voted other, meaning none at all. I prefer to play adventure games, and don't see any point in making a movie of them. The way I see it there are only two ways to make a movie out of adventures: to use the same plot as the game, which is in my opinion quite pointless, as you already know what it's about. The other would be to make a new story with the same characters. In that case I would rather see a new adventure game.

There are more old drunks then old doctors. - Willie Nelson

by_100ja
Old 01-07-2005, 09:40 AM   #44
DAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpayne2409
hey papa c

there are already some kind of discworld movies (well mini series i suppose) altho not featuring eric idle, wyrd systers & soul musics, also truckers (which i believe was also pratchett)
I always took those as a series. Those with Mort and Christopher Lee's voice right? As I said, I thought those were series. Not long films. But okay, good point
Old 01-07-2005, 10:53 AM   #45
A Mighty Fine Pirate

Send a message via ICQ to maxpayne2409 Send a message via MSN to maxpayne2409 Send a message via Yahoo to maxpayne2409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbert
I always took those as a series. Those with Mort and Christopher Lee's voice right? As I said, I thought those were series. Not long films. But okay, good point
ah i didnt know they were series, i only saw them once when channel 4 ran them as 1 long thing late one night... well early morning, except truckers which i remember was a series that used to be on Childrens ITV in the early-mid 90s i think it was, seem to remember it was quite fun too
Old 01-07-2005, 02:48 PM   #46
Curiouser and curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk
I don't understand the US obsession with Tom Hanks, he irks me like a Chucky doll. He would probably make a good 'Stan' in a Monkey Island movie.

I would've picked Keira Knightly for Walker over Portman, but after the awful King Arthur, doing a game to movie license is probably the last thing she needs.
I don't like Hanks, he was just in one of the movies I mentioned. The idea of him as Stan cracks me up, that seems like great casting.

As for Kiera Knightley, all you men have Kate Walker ALL WRONG!!!!!! She is not some gorgeous delicate out-of-your-league princesse; she is a corporate lawyer tramping around Europe with a whiney corporate lawyer boyfriend. Believe me, I know a lot of corporate lawyers and none of them are above "really cute" level (well, okay, one of them is, but she's married, so just forget about it!). She has to be down to earth to be rummaging with old machines and climbing through things and stuff. (And my gorgeous friend literally cannot change a lightbulb.) At least, that's what I think. Or, it could be (psychological) projection . . . Mattsius? (The only AG licensed therapist leaves when he is most needed . . .)
Old 01-07-2005, 03:07 PM   #47
merely human

Quote:

God, I ADORE Keira!! Just give her a tan, dark hair, a cell phone, and good direction and I'm sure she'd make an excellent Kate Walker. Portman, on the other hand, can't act for shit.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-07-2005, 03:22 PM   #48
Curiouser and curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
God, I ADORE Keira!! Just give her a tan, dark hair, a cell phone, and good direction and I'm sure she'd make an excellent Kate Walker. Portman, on the other hand, can't act for shit.
I adore her too, and I think she's stunning, and I agree about her acting abilities, but man, she still looks like a teenager--which she almost is. And people thought Natalie Portman was too young?!?! I'd also want her to gain, like, at least a token 6 pounds, come ON! (That's 5kg for the rest of the world.)
Old 01-07-2005, 03:29 PM   #49
merely human

Sorry, EC, but Keira is naturally skinny - and quite healthy, I'm sure. Not all girls can be fleshy, just as not all men can be tall. Jennifer Connelly is the same, she is naturally thin, and no amount of overeating will make her gain weight. I just love Keira for her character, though, on screen and off.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-07-2005, 04:02 PM   #50
Curiouser and curiouser

Quote:
Sorry, EC, but Keira is naturally skinny - and quite healthy, I'm sure. Not all girls can be fleshy, just as not all men can be tall. Jennifer Connelly is the same, she is naturally thin, and no amount of overeating will make her gain weight. I just love Keira for her character, though, on screen and off.
I don't have a problem with people being thin. Gisele Bundchen, for example, is obviously just an incredibly lanky person genetically, and I don't resent her for it. It's a question of the actress' appearance matching the role, and when I see Kiera Knightley, I think she looks frail to me, or if not frail (because she was so full of spirit in Pirates of the Caribbean), then at least delicate. I don't think of Kate Walker that way, and I don't think she was drawn that way. I mean, you are the art person--what about the anatomy? Of course one doesn't have to stay totally married to the Benoit Sokal vision in every sense, but Kate seemed to have a _slightly_ sturdier figure to me, and that was my point. I'm not saying it has to be played by a heavier actress for dogmatic reasons, and I think Kiera can stay the way she is, or change, whatever makes her happy.

As for Jennifer Connelly, I'm sorry, did you SEE her in Inventing the Abbots? She was much more voluptuous at 27 than she is at 36, in my view, which is no surprise . . . people's bodies change over time, but especially women's. Before I go way off topic, I was just trying to say that I don't think it's a question of picking someone you think is attractive or whom you want to see in more movies (otherwise, I'd choose Hugh Jackman to play Guybrush Threepwood!)--but obviously someone who fits the role. If y'all really think Kiera could do it, good for you/her . . .
Old 01-07-2005, 04:08 PM   #51
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Not all girls can be fleshy, just as not all men can be tall.
I find that awesome.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:24 PM   #52

I also like the idea of Keira Knightley as Kate Walker in Syberia, and maybe even a little more than Natalie Portman. I thought she did a great job as Elizabeth Swan in Pirates of the Carribean. ( I hope I spelled that right). But, then again, I have no preferred taste, so I think I will be happy on whoever gets chosen.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:49 PM   #53
A Mighty Fine Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack
so I think I will be happy on whoever gets chosen.
hehe u say as though this film is getting made for real
Old 01-08-2005, 04:02 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyConfused
As for Jennifer Connelly, I'm sorry, did you SEE her in Inventing the Abbots? She was much more voluptuous at 27 than she is at 36, in my view, which is no surprise . . . people's bodies change over time, but especially women's.
In her case, I think nature has had some help.
Man, I hate how she looks now...
And back to topic, the only AG I would want to see as a movie is Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, otherwise, for some reason I've yet to understand, I'm not really eager to see any AG as a film.

EDIT: Oh, I was talking about real movies, with actors. If some people made a Monkey Island cartoon or animated movie, I wouldn't complain.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:00 PM   #55
DAVE

Hey I know it's also a book, but I was thinking Neuromancer. I have to pick that book from my brother's sometime again and read it with attention this time, just after I finish Imprimatvr.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:43 AM   #56

Quote:
hehe u say as though this film is getting made for real
I'm just hoping it will get made someday, that's all.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:44 AM   #57
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Quote:
why bruce campbell i hear you all cry..*"why bruce campbell?" you all cry* well the reason is simple, he always gives the kind of performance to suit guybrush's attitude, slightly cocky
ugh. Bruce Campbell as Guybrush? Give me a break. Seriously overrated.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:15 AM   #58
A Mighty Fine Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriq
ugh. Bruce Campbell as Guybrush? Give me a break. Seriously overrated.
as bruce campbell is a b or c list rated celeb i wouldnt exactly say hes over-rated, a lot of a-list celebs now theyre overrated
Old 01-10-2005, 06:51 AM   #59
DAVE

Bruce Campbell as Treepwood? Give me a break. The guy rocks, but he's not Guybrush, and a transformation would be hard. You'd need a geekish looking guy, kinda like James Spader or someone like him.

How about a Fate of Atlantis movie?
Old 01-10-2005, 08:24 AM   #60
Irritant F0rum Beasty

In regards to who would make a good Guybrush, I would have to go with the same suggestion i made the last time we had this discussion, Zach Braff.
He can do comedy, and he can do geekish looking, but I don't know if he can sing (can't have a Monkey Island movie without at least one sing song).

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!