You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure-Treff Christmas video 2011 (incl. C. Cecil, Al Lowe, Telltale and many more

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2011, 06:10 AM   #1
Schattenjäger

Default Adventure-Treff Christmas video 2011 (incl. C. Cecil, Al Lowe, Telltale and many more

Hello everyone! Some of you may rememeber the Adventure-Treff Christmas video from the last year and now we're back with 43 (!!!) minutes of pure fun.

As every year we asked adventure game developers and other adventure related people for their Christmas videos and I'm proud to say that this year we received videos from 35 (!!!) different parties, incl. videos from Charles Cecil, Al Lowe, Josh Mandel, Steve Ince, Dave Grossman, Agustin Cordes, Jeff Williams, Lorelei Shannon and many, many more.

This video is our Christmas present to the whole adventure game community and it's not just for the readers of Adventure-Treff! Having said that, I'm happy to say that Adventure Gamers are also represented in this video by Mark Jones. A big thank you to Mark Jones who I met twice in real life (at the voice recordings of Gray Matter in London and at the Gamescom in Cologne) and who is a super nice person!

This one is for all of you and I hope you'll have as much fun with it as I have!
A few of the videos are in German, but don't worry... most of the videos are in English language. But now I better stop talking and get to the point... here it is: http://www.adventure-treff.de/specials/video.php?id=623
Favorite games: Gabriel Knight series, Heavy Rain, Tex Murphy series, The Last Express, King's Quest 6 Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, The Lost Crown, Tender Loving Care, Blade Runner, Quest for Glory 4, Overclocked, The Dig, Dreamfall...
Old 12-26-2011, 12:18 PM   #2

Well that was one hell of a video! Everyone was great, Josh Mandel and Mikael Nyqvist even a bit spooky Daedalic song is great even i didn't understand the word of it, and i was amazed to see Mark Seibert!

But the best part are Gabriel Knight and Don! I've just realized he looks exactly like Bruce Dickinson Phantasmagoria replay coming on...

Last edited by diego; 12-26-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
lost in rubacava

The one that cracked me up was Augustin Cordes. I'm ready to help out and buy a tube of his body fluids. 1-800-HANWELL Could it be my brain is already oozing out my ears?
Old 12-26-2011, 01:47 PM   #4
Senior Passer-by

Nice video - thank you Adventure-Treff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
Josh Mandel ... a bit spooky
The right adjective is tipsy Name:  kreza.gif
Views: 199
Size:  155 Bytes (I believe).
Old 12-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #5

Fantastic video! Many thanks to AT and everyone. Josh Mandel is hilarious. And Dean Erickson! Where did you find him? And five seconds of Al Lowe! And Mark Seibert... Those moments make you wish they reunite again.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #6
MoP
Comfortably Numb

I remember the two previous "Christmas Greetings" videos, looking forward to seeing this one. It's always a blast seeing so many adventure-related people to whom I owe so many hours of emotional entertainment. Thanks for putting these together!
Old 12-27-2011, 03:06 AM   #7
Schattenjäger

Thanks a lot for the positive feedback. I'm really glad that you enjoy the video!

If you're looking for more fun I can also recommend you our video from the last year (in case you haven't seen it yet) feat. Jonathan Boakes, Matt Clark, Al Lowe, Agustin Cordes and many more. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMdlzgdx5Wg&feature=related

Edit: Sorry I forgot to post the link.
Favorite games: Gabriel Knight series, Heavy Rain, Tex Murphy series, The Last Express, King's Quest 6 Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, The Lost Crown, Tender Loving Care, Blade Runner, Quest for Glory 4, Overclocked, The Dig, Dreamfall...

Last edited by JackVanian; 12-27-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:24 AM   #8
the short, bearded guy

the mark seibert ending was worth waiting the entire video for.

thankyou so much, adventure-treff for putting this together.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:10 AM   #9
Senior *female* member

Love it! Great to see the author of Darkstar joining the ranks. Augustin's body fluids are priceless, and I just had to watch Josh Mandel twice... lovely shirt too.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:53 AM   #10
Third Guy from Andromeda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Love it! Great to see the author of Darkstar joining the ranks. Augustin's body fluids are priceless, and I just had to watch Josh Mandel twice... lovely shirt too.
Those are actually my Pokemon pajamas. :-)
Old 12-27-2011, 09:09 AM   #11
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josho View Post
Those are actually my Pokemon pajamas. :-)
I suspected as much but it didn't seem like a tactful thing to say.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:01 PM   #12

That was cool, thanks!

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown