You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure What AG game did you get for Christmas

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2011, 10:01 AM   #1

Default What AG game did you get for Christmas

Thought I'd start this thread so we could all share our spoils this holiday season. I received " A NEW BEGINNING"
Old 12-26-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
Hopeful skeptic

I got some great games (Zelda, Batman: Arkham City, Deux Ex 3), but no adventures, so I had to treat myself to a Boxing Day sale for L.A. Noire. Does that count?
Old 12-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #3

" I had to treat myself to a Boxing Day sale for L.A. Noire. Does that count?"

Oh - that most certainly does count in my book! LA Noire is the perfect gift - Xmas or Boxing day!

I got myself Ace Attorney - Miles Edgeworth and Apollo Justice - to say I love playing them is an understatement. Great games.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:18 PM   #4

I got Book of Unwritten Tales. I haven't played it yet because I got it as an IOU because it is still in the mail. Can't wait until it comes.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:22 PM   #5
UnseenUniversity Graduate

I got none *sobs* Mostly I buy them through the year as I see them, usually online. My family mostly shops in stores, and there aren't a lot around here...
Old 12-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #6

I picked up the Sherlock Holmes collection in the Steam sales, but I'm finally getting around to playing Gemini Rue which I bought awhile back.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:41 PM   #7
Filmfreak

I didn't get any. Mainly because those around me tend to give me gift certificates for the local DVD megastore.
On the one hand, that's because my collection of DVD's is a lot more impressive than my collection of games and on the other hand it's because they never know whether or not I have this or that game or movie already...
Old 12-26-2011, 11:58 PM   #8

Nobody else bought me any, but I used some Christmas money to get on GOG and Steam and binge on everything I wanted that was priced under $5. As a result, I am now the proud owner of Ceville, Dreamfall, The Feeble Files, Gemini Rue, Kaptain Brawe, The Last Express and Puzzle Bots, none of which I have played before. Somehow, I doubt I'm going to get through all of them in the next twelve months ...
Old 12-27-2011, 01:31 AM   #9

Ι ordered myself from Amazon.UK the European Version of "Darkstar-the Interactive Movie". A really nice package in good price.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:48 AM   #10

Omikron: The Nomad Soul (well, its more action-adventure) and Myst IV.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:46 AM   #11

Monkey Island 1 & 2 EE and Lost Horizon for the PC, Uncharted 3 for the PS3 and The 7th Guest and Machinarium for the iPad.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:54 AM   #12
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

I only got Coal Quest.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #13
lost in rubacava

A Vampyre Story. The graphics are great but I'm already in the mood to kill that bat. I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if I could skip some of the dialogue. Then again, it was only three bucks at DotEmu.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #14

I bought myself the entire Telltale Games catalogue from Steam, and I'm taking a break from Skyrim to puzzle my way through Tales of Monkey Island. Having a great time.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #15

I grabbed Journeyman Project 2 and Simon the Sorcerer 3D from GOG. Wasn't being able to finish Simon years ago due to one of many bugs. I did this time though. Liked it back then, loved it now. One of the craziest, funniest and most fulfilling games I've played in years, despite all the controversy. Sam & Max episodes are like bedtime stories compared to this one
Old 12-28-2011, 05:22 AM   #16
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

There's a lot of cool things and ideas about Simon 3D, but there are also the things that killed it for me in the end. Like the super-slow traveling in the unnecessarily huge world of chapter 1; or the long unskippable repeated animations (e.g. phone booth teleports), or the incredibly frustrating arcade sequances.

At the time of the release also the loading times were atrocious. With a new loading screen appearing pretty much every few steps.

And those awful game-breaking bugs - damn!

Frankly I'm surprised I had as much patience for Simon 3D as I did back then. Never finished.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:28 AM   #17

Yes, most of the things said about Simon are true. Even with the polished GOG version I encountered a number of bugs. But the script made it for me. Of all Adventuresoft games I think this is the best-written one. I lost count to all the parodies and references half through the way, the plot was ridiculous at its best, even the inventory window was entertaining. And I actually enjoyed exploring 3D environment. It was somehow close to the idea of RPG without skills and fighting.