You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure STASIS, an indie adventure game.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #241

great trailer Pyke, the game looks fantastic in motion, Maracheck has such smooth animation! How far along in the development do you think you are now?
Old 12-22-2011, 11:52 AM   #242

Pyke man, AMAZING trailer. Wish I could really express how great it looks. Top notch, congratulations! Mind if I post this on NeoGAF forums?
Old 12-22-2011, 02:02 PM   #243

Two things I want to see come out around the same time. Prometheus and Stasis. Make it happen! I just watched the new Prometheus trailer and i'm so pumped for both of these.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 03-31-2012, 09:01 AM   #244

Hey Guys,

I know Ive been quiet-but there is a reason:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Ob6sBsxf2YE

Hope you enjoy.

-Chris
Old 03-31-2012, 09:12 AM   #245

about time for an update man!!!!it was great....there are glimpses of the gameplay that i really liked.
is the release near?
Old 03-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #246
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
Hey Guys,

I know Ive been quiet-but there is a reason:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Ob6sBsxf2YE

Hope you enjoy.

-Chris
This looks absolutely breathtaking. Love the teddy bear bit.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:38 AM   #247
Grue Master

Hello Pyke

Quite frankly I don't mind in the least that you have been quiet lately as long as you haven't lost your enthusiasm for making this game. I avoid this thread all the time but not for the reasons you may think. I had already decided to buy Stasis when it is released a long time ago. I avoid the thread because there is so much information and screenshots here that I didn't want to eventually ruin my experience once it is released. I hope that you being quiet is the indication that the game is nearing completion and that the posts added to this thread will begin to be about how much everyone likes playing the game.

This new Trailer is very good and makes me want to play Stasis even more if that is possible. I have signed up for the Email updates so I know immediately when the game is released.

Keep up the fantastic work and let me know when and where to buy it.

Last edited by GreyFuss; 03-31-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #248

My jaw hit the floor.
I'm looking forward to the release more than ever before.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:38 AM   #249

Damn that was creepy. Looks fantastic.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 04-02-2012, 12:01 AM   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhetfield21 View Post
about time for an update man!!!!it was great....there are glimpses of the gameplay that i really liked.
is the release near?
Im going to have to keep the release date as 'when its done', but between you and me the game is further along than i thought it would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuze View Post
This looks absolutely breathtaking. Love the teddy bear bit.
Thanks Kuze-the teddy bear part in the cinematic that its edited from is equally awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFuss View Post
Hello Pyke

Quite frankly I don't mind in the least that you have been quiet lately as long as you haven't lost your enthusiasm for making this game. I avoid this thread all the time but not for the reasons you may think. I had already decided to buy Stasis when it is released a long time ago. I avoid the thread because there is so much information and screenshots here that I didn't want to eventually ruin my experience once it is released. I hope that you being quiet is the indication that the game is nearing completion and that the posts added to this thread will begin to be about how much everyone likes playing the game.

This new Trailer is very good and makes me want to play Stasis even more if that is possible. I have signed up for the Email updates so I know immediately when the game is released.

Keep up the fantastic work and let me know when and where to buy it.
Hey Grey,

I can promise you that I've been VERY careful with regard to spoilers! There has been nothing released that you wont find out in the first 10 minutes of the game. I hate it when games/movie marketing gives away the story. An adventure game is especially difficult because its pretty much exclusively story! But trust me man-you guys aint seen nothing yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaid View Post
My jaw hit the floor.
I'm looking forward to the release more than ever before.
If its any consolation, so am I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inm8#2 View Post
Damn that was creepy. Looks fantastic.
Thanks man!

---------------
Thanks again guys. This forum is the first place I get excited to post updates on STASIS. Its very much where the ideas for the game germinated, and this community is very much an integral part of the game!

-Chris
Old 04-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #251
Filmfreak

This keeps looking better and better...
I'm digging the creepy vibe! It's like a mix between Alien and the first hour of Event Horizon...

Will it be possible to die in the game or not?
I merely ask because I'm jumpy when it comes to horror games. Add a few deaths and it could easily become more than I can handle (I'm not touching anything by Frictional Games, for instance - no matter how well AmnesiA is reviewed)...
Old 04-03-2012, 07:25 AM   #252

There are some pretty spectacular deaths-but they are mostly avoidable by listening to the environment, and not being an idiot and touching shit that looks dangerous! But then again, isnt that what AG's are all about...?

That said, I've spent quite a bit of time on the autosave in the game. It doesn't autosave at each level, but it does autosave a screen or 2 before you die. Its all background stuff, so you shouldn't notice it at all.

I really want to encourage the player to explore the game, and there is nothing worse than dying and realising you are a few hours away from where you are! Thats actually why I stopped playing Beneath A Steel Sky.

Last edited by Pyke; 04-03-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #253

Quote:
There are some pretty spectacular deaths-but they are mostly avoidable by listening to the environment, and not being an idiot and touching shit that looks dangerous!
isn't it very annoying at times?i'm sure you're thinking of movies when you say that.i wonder if there is one movie to get out of this stupid black hole......where the protagonists don't go out into the night with only a flashlight when they know there's something wrong and try to escape straight away.even if in the end they do die i don't care it's something new and refreshing.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #254
Filmfreak

@ Pyke: that's great to hear!
If there's danger at every corner, then I don't mind if the character dies on occasion, but I don't like those ridiculous Sierra-deaths of old where crossing the street or looking in a window or even walking on the wrong side of a car meant an insta-kill...
And if you can die, then I LOVE the fact that there are autosaves!
Old 04-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #255

Quote:
It doesn't autosave at each level, but it does autosave a screen or 2 before you die. Its all background stuff, so you shouldn't notice it at all.
are you maybe using dramatic or chilling/horror music at key points?because i bet when you hear that note from a piano that makes your hair stand fast there's an autosave going on behind the scenes
Old 04-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #256

Pyke, great to hear from you/see you again. Loved the teaser, can't wait, etc, etc. I know you were questioning music, but damn it sounds really awesome in the teaser. Great job man, so so excited to finally play it!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #257

i am really looking forward to this - and i'm constantly amazed by how good it looks and sounds, i'm surprised you haven't been snapped up by a pro studio yet!

speaking of which; as an "indie developer", what do you think of the kickstarter project? I would have thought it might be a bit irritating to struggle along on your own money while designers who could easily get a publisher are scrounging for public money to make something.

Last edited by marcd2011; 04-17-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
@ Pyke: that's great to hear!
If there's danger at every corner, then I don't mind if the character dies on occasion, but I don't like those ridiculous Sierra-deaths of old where crossing the street or looking in a window or even walking on the wrong side of a car meant an insta-kill...
And if you can die, then I LOVE the fact that there are autosaves!
There are no stupid deaths in the game. Ive approached it from the point of view that you SHOULD be able to play through the entire game without having to load a saved game...
There are also some areas where you will get injured, although not die. You will find medical kits, and ways to patch yourself up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhetfield21 View Post
are you maybe using dramatic or chilling/horror music at key points?because i bet when you hear that note from a piano that makes your hair stand fast there's an autosave going on behind the scenes
Ive been playing around with having some sort of 'dynamic' music playing-but have found a far FAR more effective way....throughout the game, there is a white noise track in the background, and always some sort of musical/soundscape playing....when danger is very very close, there is NOTHING. Its MUCH more effective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donatelli View Post
Pyke, great to hear from you/see you again. Loved the teaser, can't wait, etc, etc. I know you were questioning music, but damn it sounds really awesome in the teaser. Great job man, so so excited to finally play it!
Nor can I man.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcd2011 View Post
i am really looking forward to this - and i'm constantly amazed by how good it looks and sounds, i'm surprised you haven't been snapped up by a pro studio yet!
I have had some offers, but I'm quite happy where I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcd2011 View Post
speaking of which; as an "indie developer", what do you think of the kickstarter project? I would have thought it might be a bit irritating to struggle along on your own money while designers who could easily get a publisher are scrounging for public money to make something.
I think that the kickstarter campaigns are excellent, if for the only reason that they are bringing media attention to genres and developers that really wouldn't get that attention otherwise. I mean recently WASTELAND was features on FORBES! That stuff wouldnt happen if it wasnt for Kickstarter.

I also have to look at it from the point of view of a business owner, aswell as an artist. These funding projects are giving artists and programmers jobs. Sure, as a 'garage developer' like myself, its an insane amount of money-but for a company they will burn through it pretty quickly. There are also risks like reaching a sales saturation BEFORE you have actually released a product.
I will be very interested to see how these games sell when they are complete. Its almost a 'use $1 to make $1' thing. I sincerely hope that the games do incredibly well, and that this is the first and last time the developers ever turn to Kickstarter.

I think what would be sad would be developers using KS to fund every project, as that goes against the grain of what Kickstarter really is. Its a leg up...a foot through the door. Its NOT a VC Funding system.

My biggest concern with the 'big 3' Campaigns on right now (DF, Wasteland, and JJ's studio project) is that they lack initial direction. They have come out and said "We have this idea for a game. There has been no commitment, or development in this idea..its just in the air. We need YOUR MONEY to DEVELOP the idea into something tangible.' I disagree with that, because there is absolutely NO risk on the side of the developer. If they get the money, good. If not, there is no loss for them.

If I didnt have my own company to run, I would turn to Kickstarter in a heartbeat to fund STASIS. But honestly, I've been spending my own money and time on development so far, and have enough security and personal funds to continue development.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:10 AM   #260

Wow, I haven't seen this before but it looks amazing! I read the first page with the story and screenshots, got shivers, and then realised it was posted in 2010! Now I've seen the trailers and I'm even more excited.

Definitely following on twitter. I don't want to miss the release of this one.