You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Any news of Bracken Tor?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2010, 01:10 AM   #41

How is it possible? The DVDs must have been burnt, distribution organized, game sites have added them for pre-ordering and so on.
And then suddenly - oh no, I want to continue working on the game...

Strange.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:36 AM   #42
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohlin View Post
The DVDs must have been burnt, distribution organized, game sites have added them for pre-ordering and so on.
And then suddenly - oh no, I want to continue working on the game...
Bracken Tor had not gone gold, or there would have been an anouncement. So no DVDs burnt.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:30 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Bracken Tor had not gone gold, or there would have been an anouncement. So no DVDs burnt.
What does that mean? "Gone gold"?
Old 11-12-2010, 02:01 AM   #44
Senior *female* member

It means the game has entered its final stage of producing DVDs, printing manuals, etc. The work of the programmers and developers is finished. When a game has gone gold, release is certain. Gray Matter went gold on 26 October and was released yesterday in Germany.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:27 PM   #45

Thanks, Fien. Where can you see this?
Old 11-12-2010, 04:43 PM   #46
Senior *female* member

Press announcements. By the publisher.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:11 AM   #47

And as frustrating as is it, it appears that a game like DF3 was on time and yet it could've benefited from some tweaks. So it will probably be a much better game because of the delay. Having said that, I'm curious as to how these delays come about: the game is complete, ready to go, and then somebody pipes up and states: what if you added this to the game? If that's the case it does suggest that there is a sense of the game being an organic,piecemeal thing that hasn't been planned in great detail at the design stage.
The downside to this though, is that a longer wait for the game EVERYONE appears to be waiting for The Last Crown.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:22 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lermontov View Post
it appears that a game like DF3 was on time and yet it could've benefited from some tweaks.
Those are my thoughts exactly. I remember when DF3 wasn't out yet, I was constantly checking if there were any news about the release date, and wondering what was taking so long, wanting the game to be out as soon as possible. Then, as I was playing it when it eventually came out, sometimes thoughts like "well, this could've been done a bit better" would cross my mind.

I remember feeling very sheepish when I realized that I was contraddicting myself.

Since then, if it's for the sake of making the game better, I welcome delays.
On the other hand, when the delay is about marketing issues, (like a certain other game I'm thinking about...) well in those cases I'm not that forgiving...
Old 11-22-2010, 11:30 AM   #49

The obfuscation continues...on the Iceberg site now states release date 1st February! Is this a case of left hands and right hands at cross purposes?!
Old 11-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #50

Quote:
The obfuscation continues...on the Iceberg site now states release date 1st February! Is this a case of left hands and right hands at cross purposes?!
Oh dear... it would indeed seem a case of "left hand - right hand".
Well, the only thing I can say to rationalize all this is that until the release date is advertised as Q1 2011 on http://www.brackentor.com/ we shouldn't be surprised to see it oscillating between JAN and MAR 2011...
Old 12-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #51

Default Bracken Tor Podcast Interview

More Boakes & Clark for you! I got together with the pair in rain-drenched Cornwall to discuss their games, particularly the upcoming Bracken Tor. You will get a sneak peek at some of the plot and characters you will meet in the game.

The podcast is available in iTunes by searching for The Investigative Author, or directly from http://www.tomrbaynham.com/
Old 12-15-2010, 02:42 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by amunptah View Post
More Boakes & Clark for you!
Just finished listening to the podcast!
It's all very interesting. I'd like to make a request: could you take the time to put online a transcript? 'Cos I didn't quite catch all of it... I'm not a native english speaker, and I had some trouble understanding what was going on at times.

I heard Golitha falls being mentioned at a point. A while ago I read about Bodmin Mooor on (I think) Boakes' blog. I'd gone on Google Earth to check it out and by enabling Panoramio (I feature I've always considered miraculous) I had found some interesting pictures of that place. It looks amazing. Is Golitha falls featured in Bracken Tor?

I also remember reading on Wikipedia about the Sapphire and Steel reference in Dark Fall. I found the episode online... it's pretty impressive! I know McCallum from NCIS, and it's quite weird to see him so young.
I heard someone mentioning that Dowerton station is also very similar to a train station in real-world Liskeard, but I didn't quite understand which one!

I was also surprised to see how many references to UK shows Barrow Hill has. I guess I'm a bit ignorant on the matter!

For those who are interested, here's a link to Tawny Investigates! Tawny is probably the cutest investigator on the planet.

Well then, thanks once more for sharing the interview!

Last edited by ZeframCochrane; 12-15-2010 at 02:54 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #53

A transcript would take me too much time I'm afraid. I thought of cutting out the pub section, but there was some interesting discussion and it has a good atmosphere.
I have a stack of photos of Golitha Falls on my Flickr feed, under Sets. I didn't get the impression that the falls feature in BT but I may be wrong. We'll have to wait and see.
Dowerton is primarily based on a now-demolished station in Kent. The station in Liskeard was also an inspiration. I stopped off on my way past to take photos, but the station has been so heavily modified with glass buildings and polished chrome, it doesn't have a historical vibe at all.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:20 AM   #54
Senior *female* member

The latest release date was 4 March. Now it's 22 April.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:32 AM   #55

Damn. Sad to see a delay on this. But it happens. SO looking forward to this.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #56

Bumping this thread too see if anyone knows exactly when this much anticipated (by moi) game will be going gold? I loved Barrow Hill and I just hope this will be great too. All I can find is Q1 2011 and I'm not sure the April date is still valid?
Old 04-10-2011, 04:55 AM   #57

Heard very little on the Bracken Tor-POR front! There is a release date of April 22nd, although on the Iceberg website it states TBA. The portents don't look promising. In fact, I'm almost expecting the 'kicked into long grass' excuses to start being trotted out.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:50 AM   #58

Quote:
Heard very little on the Bracken Tor-POR front! There is a release date of April 22nd, although on the Iceberg website it states TBA. The portents don't look promising. In fact, I'm almost expecting the 'kicked into long grass' excuses to start being trotted out.
I'm thinking along the same lines bro.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:37 AM   #59

Quote:
There is a release date of April 22nd, although on the Iceberg website it states TBA.
It clearly states April 22nd on the Iceberg website: http://www.iceberg-shop.com/bracken-tor.html

This product will be available on 22 Apr 2011

Perhaps you missed that?

Will this title be exclusively sold through Iceberg? Or the Authors site and Iceberg?
Old 04-10-2011, 06:58 AM   #60
lost in rubacava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaesun View Post
Will this title be exclusively sold through Iceberg? Or the Authors site and Iceberg?
Interact has it listed as coming June 1st if you want a boxed copy.