You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Any news of Bracken Tor?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2010, 05:47 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukpetd View Post
Latest on Bracken Tor web site is release on Halloween 2010
Now it says "Bracken Tor is due for release in Q4 2010". Although technically speaking Halloween 2010 is, in fact, contained in the 2010 fourth quarter, I doubt they would've changed the wording if it didn't imply a delay...
Old 10-11-2010, 06:20 AM   #22
Senior *female* member

Yeah, and something weird going on at the Iceberg site when I tried to preorder Bracken Tor and got a link to a totally different game. Tried again a couple of days later, but the preorder button has now disappeared into thin air. At the same time, Iceberg promised to publish a new screenshot every Friday until the game is released.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:40 AM   #23

Matt now says that it may be December, more likely January. He had a week to go of development last time I spoke to him, plus testing, mastering, promotion, printing, shipping etc before release.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:08 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by amunptah View Post
Matt now says that it may be December, more likely January.
Thanks for the info!

*sigh*
Well, when it comes to (semi)independent productions, I've learnt that it's never a good idea to rush the release. So perhaps the fact that it's taking some time is actually good news
Old 10-14-2010, 03:37 AM   #25

Look out for something exciting very soon that may help the weeks pass!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:48 AM   #26
Stalker of Britain

The new trailer is out. And as much as I loved the atmosphere, and of course trust Matt Clark, I was a little disappointed. No game play footage, of course, but it looks like he just filmed on location...unless the graphics are really that good. And I couldn't help but cringe when I heard familiar phrases like "we shouldn't have come", that feels like it's respewing dialogue from "Barrow Hill" and "The Lost Crown"...

I know I'm probably being very critical, but it's just what I thought when watching the trailer. I'm still super excited for it to come out, and I'll buy it as soon as it comes out without hesitation.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 10-21-2010, 09:15 AM   #27

Couldn't agree more Fantacysci5. What was that - Blair Witch 2? Cheap.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #28

Yep, the video was filmed on location in the woods near the moor, close to the real locations that inspired the game. I agree that the video was a bit tacky and derivative, but that is the effect Matt is trying to create: retro, kitsch, camp tea-time family horror.
If you are still a little worried, hopefully, all being well, you will be finding out a LOT more about the game this weekend!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:35 PM   #29

I've just been on the official site, and watched the teaser and the screenshots. Yes, I agree that the video is bit on the kitch and campy side, but this is just part of the iconography. I'm not a big fan of TBWP myself - it's one of the rare movies I've seen only once and never again (not because it was too scary for me) - so this is probably not the main factor why I will buy and play "Bracken Tor". But the atmospheric and eerie locales + the excellent sound effects, which is trademark of Boakes and Clark, are enough reason to play.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III
Old 10-22-2010, 06:07 AM   #30
Adventure Game Researcher

I hope things are going ok with Matt, i too am looking forward to this game...he does great work. So many promising projects have vanished from the radar...i am still mourning the disapperance of all traces of Once Upon a Time in Japan...i am crossing all fingers for Tor.

Game Research and History
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com
Game Patches and Aides
http://www.filefront.com/user/CrisGer
Patch and Fix Packs
Old 10-26-2010, 05:58 AM   #31
Senior *female* member

Bracken Tor can now be preordered at the Iceberg site. Thirty euros. No shipping costs. Available on 19th November. And Matt said it would be released in December or even Januari? Oh well, I'll expect it when I see it...
Old 10-26-2010, 10:31 AM   #32

Thanks for the info. I will preorder it in a few days. I' m really looking forward to play this game!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:03 AM   #33

You can also pre-order at Amazon ÂŁ17.99.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #34
Stalker of Britain

There's a cool new interview with Matt Clark up on the site now about "Bracken Tor"...
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 11-06-2010, 12:34 AM   #35

Really looking forward to getting my hands on it asap. Checked Amazon and it states it will be released on the 26th. Yet, I thought the release date was the 19th. So, is it worth buying it straight from the Iceberg Interactive site with a view to getting it a week early?
Old 11-08-2010, 07:57 AM   #36
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

Bracken Tor has officially been pushed back to a Q1 2011 release date which is disappointing but should hopefully equal a better game.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 11-09-2010, 12:44 AM   #37

Yeah, I recieved a mail from Play where I had a pre-order.
"... the release date has been changed to 25-Mar-2011".
Old 11-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #38

Very annoying. This is the third time they have set the date back with an amorphous excuse: we are trying to make the game even better!
Why the initial release dates?
Wasn't the game up to standard then?
Why, almost a third of year later?
What the hell have they got to do?
Old 11-09-2010, 03:35 PM   #39
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lermontov View Post
Very annoying. This is the third time they have set the date back with an amorphous excuse: we are trying to make the game even better!
It was exactly the same with Boakes' The Lost Crown, which got delayed three or even more times. Must be a British thing. Oh wait... DTP and JJ aren't British.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
It was exactly the same with Boakes' The Lost Crown, which got delayed three or even more times. Must be a British thing. Oh wait... DTP and JJ aren't British.
I didn't know that. It was certainly worth the wait.
Just venting my frustration, I guess: BT is a rather large carrot being dangled and then pulled away at the last minute. I mean, I know it's the independent sector but I can't believe they pull it a week before release for 'improvements'.
Then again, if it is of the same standard as TLC it will be worth the wait.