You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Any news of Bracken Tor?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2009, 03:39 AM   #1
Senior *female* member

Default Any news of Bracken Tor?

No news is good news, I hope.

Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw, by the same guy who did Barrow Hill, was supposed to be released this fall. After all the recent third-person adventures I'm dying for a good first-person game.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:05 AM   #2

Oh dear, I had no idea Bracken Tor was supposed to be released around now. I don't know why, but I was convinced it was more like next year or something.

I took a quick look around on teh interwebs, and was unable to find any more info than the generic "October 2009" date or the even worse "TBA". I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:04 AM   #3
Lazy Bee

I loved Barrow Hill! And I'm very much looking forward to Bracken Tor.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:35 PM   #4
Senior *female* member

Thanks, I'm glad it will be here soon.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:33 AM   #5

Bracken Tor was listed for pre-order at Play.com a few weeks back but has disappeared. Maybe the friends/companions Jonathan Boakes and Matt (or the publisher/s) have decided not to release Dark Fall 3 and Bracken Tor at the same time? Both games should have more or less the same target audience and releasing both games at once would probably mean less sales in total.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:24 PM   #6
Hopeful skeptic

No firm release date at the moment, but Matt says he's aiming for "first half" of 2010. On the plus side, he's expanded on the original design a bit, so we wait more to get more.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:34 AM   #7

All you guys who knows Matt, can you tell him that the fog is creeping in here now in Scandinavia. The colours are brown, grey and yellow, the earth is wet and smells of decaying leaves...

I need Bracken Tor!!
Old 10-29-2009, 01:37 AM   #8

Er.. just checked the infobox here on Adventure Gamers... bumped to Q2 2010? When did that happen? I'm sure it said October 2009 until a few days ago!

Q2! Does that mean April-May-June??
Spring will certainly lack those "brown, grey and yellow" hues! Not to mention the decaying leaves... ><
Old 10-29-2009, 06:45 AM   #9
Hopeful skeptic

Uhh, if you read my post, a mere two posts up, you'll have an answer to that question.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:12 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Uhh, if you read my post, a mere two posts up, you'll have an answer to that question.
Oh, I did read your post. I was just wondering when it was officialized on the infobox.

Plus, since I was hoping to enjoy it during the winter season, I basically needed a confirmation on my interpretation of Q2 as the trimester April-May-June, I never quite managed to wrap my head around the Qx notation used here, since in some places Q1 is the first fiscal quarter, which starts on October 1, making Q2 the Jan-Feb-Mar trimester...
Old 10-29-2009, 07:22 AM   #11
Hopeful skeptic

Well, I changed the calendar shortly after I posted that. I specified "first half" here, though, because that's what Matt actually said. Q2 is just the closest approximation our calendar allows (and seems far more likely than Q1).

And yes, different companies set their own fiscal calendars for some inexplicable reason, but ours is strictly standard calendar-based. So chances are winter will be passed by the time we see Bracken Tor.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:50 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Well, I changed the calendar shortly after I posted that. I specified "first half" here, though, because that's what Matt actually said. Q2 is just the closest approximation our calendar allows (and seems far more likely than Q1).

And yes, different companies set their own fiscal calendars for some inexplicable reason, but ours is strictly standard calendar-based. So chances are winter will be passed by the time we see Bracken Tor.
I see! It's all quit clear now. Thanks!
Old 07-05-2010, 06:11 AM   #13

Mega-bump!
In the meantime, Q2 has come, and passed (and the "first half of 2010" with it). Has anyone heard anything about the development process?
No pressure in the deveoper intended on my part, of course. I'm just wondering if there's any news.

EDIT:
Whoops, sorry for the double post. I hadn't realized that the last post in this thread, months ago, had been mine.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:45 PM   #14

well you know what, im still waiting as well. pretty much on a monthly basis i've been checking out their site hoping...waiting.. i'd still think it'll come out this year though.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:18 AM   #15

When I spoke to Matt back in the Winter he said that the game was done, but he'd decided to expand it a lot more, hence the extra development time. This is very similar to what he did with Barrow Hill - started small and gradually expanded it.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:14 AM   #16
Myst-loving person

I'm very excited about this game!

Did Matt give any idea when he might be finished with the expanding? How much extra time are we talking?
Old 07-26-2010, 09:02 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeframCochrane View Post
I was convinced it was more like next year or something.
Considering it was October when I wrote that, maybe I've been prophetic...
Old 07-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #18

Latest on Bracken Tor web site is release on Halloween 2010
Old 07-27-2010, 04:49 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukpetd View Post
Latest on Bracken Tor web site is release on Halloween 2010
What a wonderful birthday present for myself!!
Old 07-31-2010, 02:34 PM   #20

Well! It'd be great if it were released, but I've long ago learned that expectations and impatience are two things to never bring to independent games (hell, games in general).

Wonder what exactly he's 'expanding' that took so much time, though.