You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Tex Murphy Games available now on Gog.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2009, 05:02 AM   #41
Thats the ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
The Feeble Files has its shortcomings but it's a great game. Very long and good value for your money. Even more so because most puzzles are pretty hard. Robert Llewellyn does a good job. My favorite supporting voice actress is the girl who does Feeble's mother, the secretary, the girl in love on the phone, and other parts. I'm sorry I forgot her name but she's absolutely first class.
Success! The game works fine via ScummVM and its a blast to play. Voice acting is great and Roberts voice is well matched for Feeble. The girl who does the voice for Delores (Laurel Lefkow) has voice acted for many games like Starship Titanic but she sounds like Rimmers parallel universe partner. I looked it up on IMDB and its Suzanne Bertish but they sound very alike.

Wow! Feeble Files is very hard and I'm glad GOG has provided a very nice walkthrough. The interface is sometimes painful but so far its a blast to play. One problem is Feeble scares the heck out of my nephew so whenever he's around I have to fire up Sam and Max for him.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:18 AM   #42
Thats the ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
haha I too have an extremely soft spot for Red Dwarf, but living in the US, it's hard to get my hands on anything Red Dwarf.

I tried to make an account on GOG, but alas, my slow internet wouldn't let me, and I missed out on one of the weekend sales.
Don't fret, the sale was only for the Pinball games. Feeble Files is $5.99 all the time but a slow internet means it will take a loooong time to download the 2.5GB for the game. If you ever get time on a faster connection you must get this game as a Red Dwarf fan because the humour is soooo similar. For example:

Directives: Directives are rules created by the OmniBrain to make the world better; there are over a million of them. As the game progresses a record is kept of all the rules that Feeble has broken. I think the writer for Feeble was heavily influenced by Red Dwarf humour and Feeble gets into situations very similar to what Lister and gang experience.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:04 AM   #43
Senior *female* member

Tex Murphy: Overseer has become available on GOG.com.
Hope it's the DVD version which I could never get to work.

Yippee! I'm gonna replay all five Tex games this year.

EDIT: Nope, it's the CD version. But GOG has promised to replace it with the DVD version if they manage to solve the DVD problems.

Last edited by Fien; 07-21-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #44
Strategy Guide Author

I assume set up in Vista is painless or do you have to go through the same hoops you'd have to go through if you were playing the original version? (ie: install in compatibility mode or some other such pain?)
Old 07-21-2009, 10:22 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phod View Post
I assume set up in Vista is painless or do you have to go through the same hoops you'd have to go through if you were playing the original version? (ie: install in compatibility mode or some other such pain?)
no hassle whatsoever. you download 1 or 2 files, one of which is a setup.exe file you click on it, it installs. you play. im using vista32
Old 07-27-2009, 06:02 AM   #46

Great news. I'll have to get some of these later in the month. I played Tex Murphy 3-5 (the CD-ROM FMV ones) when I was in high school and really enjoyed their noir campiness.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:51 PM   #47

A warning here - GOG's version of Pandora Directive is "broken" in hard mode. I assume it's technically playable all the way through, but some of the inventory view files are actually missing from GOG's version of the game. This makes at least one puzzle impossible without outside help (I first discovered it on Day 8 when I finally relented and looked up a hint, only to find out that the adventure gamer's worst nightmare had come true - it was the game's fault, not mine).

I've written to GOG several times and they're still "working on it". I like their service a lot and want to support them, but it's been over a month and a half since I bought the thing.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:33 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
A warning here - GOG's version of Pandora Directive is "broken" in hard mode. I assume it's technically playable all the way through, but some of the inventory view files are actually missing from GOG's version of the game. This makes at least one puzzle impossible without outside help (I first discovered it on Day 8 when I finally relented and looked up a hint, only to find out that the adventure gamer's worst nightmare had come true - it was the game's fault, not mine).

I've written to GOG several times and they're still "working on it". I like their service a lot and want to support them, but it's been over a month and a half since I bought the thing.
Keep in mind, from what I can tell, they are currently working on trying to figure out problems in at least 2 dozen games at the moment. Give them a little time to work out the bugs...they did make a WHOLE LOT of really old games 99% playable on EVERYONES computer...