You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2010, 11:25 PM   #81
Strategy Guide Author

Quick question.. in anticipation for BM2, I need to play BM.. never have played it but I have had it in the backlog forever. I have the jewel case version from Adventure Company. Does this have some heinous starforce DRM on it? For some reason I'm thinking it did. Just curious if I should go another route to play it. I'm running Vista btw... do I still need to worry about starforce?
Old 05-07-2010, 06:58 AM   #82
Stalker of Britain

Any downloadable version for an English release around? I'd really like to play this game!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 05-07-2010, 07:39 AM   #83
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

I'm getting an urge to play Black Mirror again, so I'll probably re-install the game later this weekend. I have the jewel case budget version from TAC too, so yes, I'll have to deal with StarForce again. Luckily, there haven't been any issues with SF on my XP system, I didn't remove it after finishing Broken Sword 3.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:50 AM   #84
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Any downloadable version for an English release around? I'd really like to play this game!
To download, I think the only place it will be available today is the publisher's own portal. (Click to purchase, and you choose either boxed or download). I understand the download link is currently buggered, though, so you might have to wait a bit longer yet.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:16 AM   #85

The main character really annoys me with his comments, and the man is rude, to everybody!
This is not how the adventure character supposed to be.

He acts like some schools punk who dropped out of school at early stage.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:22 AM   #86
She Wants Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Infiltrator- View Post
The main character really annoys me with his comments, and the man is rude, to everybody!
This is not how the adventure character supposed to be.

He acts like some schools punk who dropped out of school at early stage.
I've only played the first day but so far I disagree. I like that characters actually have character. The guy is in early twenties, into grunge and photographing. Why on earth would he be polite and charming? Overall he seems to be a decent guy too. Anyway I like playing something else than horrible goody-two-shoes. It's not like Gabriel Knight was always so nice either, with his mouth or his behaviour. Poor Mosely...
Old 05-11-2010, 02:35 AM   #87

You 'll understand in later stages of the game why he has such a a character
Old 05-11-2010, 02:58 AM   #88

Quote:
You 'll understand in later stages of the game why he has such a a character
That is if you can bear playing through to later stages.

This is one of the most tedious games I've ever played (had to click through). I haven't had to fire up a single neuron. Not to solve anything; or to take notice of any interesting story elements either. I mean bad, terrible, dismal stuff, folks. So bad I'd actually play a HOG any day over this. And that is a real insult.

Just utterly banal.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:14 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana Cherin View Post

This is one of the most tedious games I've ever played (had to click through). I haven't had to fire up a single neuron. Not to solve anything; or to take notice of any interesting story elements either. I mean bad, terrible, dismal stuff, folks. So bad I'd actually play a HOG any day over this. And that is a real insult.

Just utterly banal.
Totally disagree. Only chapter I was quite boring. The rest of the game is very interesting.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:20 AM   #90

The adventure itself is nice, I like it, same like the first one.
The story is also interesting, but the character, i just don't understand him, i am not saying to be a "goody-two-shoes" now, but his reactions are a little exaggerated.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:07 AM   #91
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana Cherin View Post

Just utterly banal.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:47 AM   #92

Well, finished the game, great one btw, they didn't spoil it like it happened with Still Life 2. (Though the puzzles and the game were way too easy.)
About the character i probably was wrong, he was fine in the second part of the story, no mean comments.

Hope there will be another part of this wonderful game.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:11 AM   #93

Finished it yesterday. I'm very happy with the game. The story is pretty deep and convoluted with a few nice twists. Graphic and atmosphere is as good as in the first game, if not better. I'm also very pleased with voice-acting, though I think the first game wasn't so bad in that respect.

I was pleasently suprised to see many of the notorious locations from the first game in this sequel. Since a good portion of the game is taking place in USA, I didn't expected that. But as the game is pretty long, they managed to do this nicely.

The game features quite a few puzzles, but they are not too complicated. Personally, I think this is a good thing when I think about the original game which had several very frustrating ones.

The official AG review says that the game finishes quite abruptly. I think this is and isn't a case. Almost all of the mysteries built in the previous as well in this game are satisfactorily solved until the end. In fact, I think that the whole story could be finished here. But I understand this was preparing the field for the next installment. If it will be of the same quality, I'm not complaining.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III
Old 05-13-2010, 02:48 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by terhardp View Post
The game features quite a few puzzles, but they are not too complicated. Personally, I think this is a good thing when I think about the original game which had several very frustrating ones.
Actually, I think that this is the only game I didn't look into a walkthrough at all. Totally logical puzzles. Also, the feature with the bypass of puzzles you can't solve is very helpful. I used it in the dreadful slider puzzle I hate
Old 05-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #95
Vel
Quo non ascendet?

I won't complain that the puzzles are easy, nothing wrong with that, especially if the game is to appeal to a wider audience. But the fact that they are almost ridiculously contrived is a huge problem. I'd say more than 80% of the puzzles are just mere hindrances that have nothing whatsoever to do with the story. Sigh. I guess most developers won't ever learn.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:17 AM   #96
She Wants Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vel View Post
I won't complain that the puzzles are easy, nothing wrong with that, especially if the game is to appeal to a wider audience. But the fact that they are almost ridiculously contrived is a huge problem. I'd say more than 80% of the puzzles are just mere hindrances that have nothing whatsoever to do with the story. Sigh. I guess most developers won't ever learn.
I think 80% is exaggerating "a bit". At first you do a few menial tasks before the plot even takes off, that's just fine. Later on most of the not-so-directly-on-the-plot tasks are creating diversions or escaping things/places. I don't agree that they don't have anything to do with the story, though the puzzles of course could have still been better. This game however has kept me interested and hasn't annoyed me almost at all. There are loads and loads of adventures with way sillier roadblock puzzles, this game and the plot at least keeps flowing at a nice pace.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:38 AM   #97

Quote:
I won't complain that the puzzles are easy, nothing wrong with that
There is everything wrong with that. If you don't complain about this dumb-it-down pandering, you've really opened the door to allowing for all kinds of mediocrity. And it manifests, as you see, throughout.

There is just nothing about this "game" that is anything but a good example of a bad (and ever-worsening) trend.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:48 AM   #98

Too many "genius" trolls at the forum lately

Last edited by dekaneas297; 05-14-2010 at 01:55 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:00 AM   #99

Are you calling me a troll?

I'm sorry, I forgot to get in line. What's the opinion I should have? Should I just post a "+1" after your posts? Quote your posts and add a "this"? What about a simple thumbs up smiley at everything you say? I'm new here, so please do help me out.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:09 AM   #100
Detective

puzzles are "normal" and logical and for the experienced adventure gamer it can be too easy (for me it was but doesn't mean i didn't enjoy it).

My only beef with this game is the ending and the horrible antagonist but i had a lot of fun playing it.
Spoiler:
Angelita and Darren being siblings was hilarious too, didn't they tongkiss? "Oh Angelita lol"
kinda funny if you replay it.

Last edited by SamuelGordon; 05-17-2010 at 07:02 AM.