You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2010, 08:49 AM   #121

Man this sounds amazing !

I must have it
Memento Mori/Heavy Rain-Taxidermist
Replay: ---
Favorite Adventure: Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars
waiting to be played: Sanitarium, Perry Rhodan, Tex Murphy FMV Series
Old 05-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #122
Roman5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzo View Post
I am already waiting for Black Mirror III.

Me too, but if the wait is anything like as long as between BM I and BM II, it'll be the year 2017 before we see it.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:39 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman5 View Post
Me too, but if the wait is anything like as long as between BM I and BM II, it'll be the year 2017 before we see it.

Yeah, that's right... Can I survive that long wait?
Old 05-22-2010, 09:56 PM   #124
Dreamfall Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzo View Post
I'm almost finishing the game, and I can tell it's the best advenure I've already played in many years. It is a perfect sequel for Black Mirror 1.
It's good to go back to places I've been in the previous game. Sometimes I would like to go to some other places, but it's OK. The main caracter is someone that didn't know anything about the past story at the beginnig, so I have to pretend that I have to 'discover' the need to go to such places... When I got to Black Mirror Castle I sayed 'God, Finally!!' I was waiting for that moment since the begining! I still have one chapter to finish the game, and I am already waiting for Black Mirror III.
Me too! Finished the game and loved it! I was very immersed in it and didn't want to stop playing. I loved the amount of things to click on and hear responses about. I feel like a lot of recent adventures have lacked that. At first I didn't think I was going to like Darren's accent but it grew on me, as did he. Definitely one of my favorite games in a long, long time. Can't wait until BMIII!
Old 05-24-2010, 01:45 AM   #125
Failed Birthday Elf

I'm in the middle of Chapter 5 at the moment and really enjoying this game. I'll save final opinion until i've completed it, but I have to say something about the voice acting.

Many people have said how good it is, and for the most part I would agree, but it has (so far) featured two of the absolute worst English accents I have ever heard. I literally cannot believe that those people got paid to do what they did, or that they were not re-done as soon as someone heard them!
Old 05-24-2010, 04:33 AM   #126
Schättenjager

An instant classic,underrated somehow..
Old 05-24-2010, 08:24 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post

Many people have said how good it is, and for the most part I would agree, but it has (so far) featured two of the absolute worst English accents I have ever heard. I literally cannot believe that those people got paid to do what they did, or that they were not re-done as soon as someone heard them!

The problem is that most people outside of the UK don't actually have any idea what authentic British accents sound like. They get their ideas of what English voices sound like from American tv.

I've just grown to accept that the English accents in games will generally be godawful.

The irony is that when you get an authentically English game like the Lost Crown, with authentic English accents, the voice acting gets roundly panned by people who don't bat an eyelid at the fake English voices heard in most games.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:33 AM   #128
Failed Birthday Elf

I take your point on that but I think that many English accents in games are OK. Of course many of them aren't going to deceive a British native and I have the same resignation to that as you do and it doesn't really bother me.

Most of the british accents in this game weren't too bad, and in the first game they were OK too (the question of delivery aside), but Tom and the housekeeper whose name I forget at the moment were absolutely laughable!

Having said that it didn't ruin my enjoyment of the game and I would agree with the site review that it was a good game but not quite brilliant.

Also in the Lost Crown although the accents were fine (obviously!), it was Mr Boakes' delivery that was... well... perhaps not universally acclaimed!
Old 05-30-2010, 03:32 AM   #129
Senior *female* member

Finished the game. Anyone know how to unlock the minigames and photos in the Extras menu? I can replay the videos, but that's it.

EDIT: Found the answer. You have to take lots of pics with the camera during the game. I usually skim the manual in the box, but I downloaded BM2.

Last edited by Fien; 05-30-2010 at 03:40 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:09 AM   #130
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Finished the game. Anyone know how to unlock the minigames and photos in the Extras menu? I can replay the videos, but that's it.

EDIT: Found the answer. You have to take lots of pics with the camera during the game. I usually skim the manual in the box, but I downloaded BM2.
You can also just change a few values in a configfile to unlock them, as I did. It's in the saves folder, I believe, and the values are self-explanatory. The extras aren't that interesting though, I'm afraid.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #131

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

I'm almost to the end of this magnificent game, and this is a near perfect adventure game in my eyes, it has reminded me why I fell in love with these games in the first place. One of the best games since Early Broken Sword and the Gabriel Knight games. <3

A great sequel to a shitty game.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:52 AM   #132

I,m surprised by the positive reactions. This is a game comparable to titles like Art of Murder and similar eastern european or german games that's always get bashed in this forum. The difference is polish, nothing more.

Last edited by smulan; 05-31-2010 at 02:57 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:58 AM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by smulan View Post
I,m surprised by the positive reactions. The game is technically very well done but lacks everything else in my opinion.
Aye agreed. Backdrops were very nice (I wouldn't say spectacular) though the game didn't particularly stand out for me.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:23 AM   #134

Default Finished finally!

I'm not sure I liked this game as much as the first one but that said, I think I'm burned out on adv game playing at the moment. Honestly, it didn't seem as creepy to me as BM1 nor did it capture my heart the same way. I don't know if that's because I've played so many games since BM1 and I'm burned out or Darren's story didn't grab me the way Samuel's storyline did. I'll play the next one because I have to see it through. I'm not really sure why but I felt some of the puzzle's were make work puzzles and that bored me and bothered me all at the same time. I loved revisiting BM1 places but it was sad all at the same time. If you played the game you know what I mean.

I liked the game and will play the sequel if and when it comes out. Did I love it, not sure, maybe I need to finish Darren's story all the way through before I decide that. It's all so tragic in many ways...perhaps that's why I feel the way I do.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:34 AM   #135
Senior *female* member

Quote:
,m surprised by the positive reactions. This is a game comparable to titles like Art of Murder and similar eastern european or german games that's always get bashed in this forum. The difference is polish, nothing more.
Yeah, me too. Mediocre game. For the most part very boring, I couldn't care less about Darren. More interactivity in adventures is great, I'm all for it. Except when the "hero" keeps blabbering and blabbering and blabbering about nothing. Only Gilbert Goodmate was worse.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:42 AM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Yeah, me too. Mediocre game. For the most part very boring, I couldn't care less about Darren. More interactivity in adventures is great, I'm all for it. Except when the "hero" keeps blabbering and blabbering and blabbering about nothing. Only Gilbert Goodmate was worse.
I suppose on the opposite side of teh spectrum you've got Nigel Danvers where you can't skip - "Next stop (pause lasting 3 months and 2 days) ..... Norway" Classic xD
Old 05-31-2010, 05:57 AM   #137
Stalker of Britain

Hey, I liked that! (I've got to be the only one who actually liked the voice acting...)

I'm excited to play "Black Mirror 2" when the price goes down. When you say it's not as good as the first one, can you give examples (without too much spoiler) of how it's different?
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 05-31-2010, 07:10 AM   #138

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

I thought it was some of the best voice acting I have heard in a long time. I usually get bored with characters and have to skip dialogue due to tedium but I clicked on everything and listened to everything Darren had to say. You arent the only one
Old 05-31-2010, 08:43 AM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Hey, I liked that! (I've got to be the only one who actually liked the voice acting...)
I know you do
Old 05-31-2010, 04:43 PM   #140

Quote:
The extras aren't that interesting though
So, then... they are more exciting, engaging and thought-provoking than the game! Awesome!