You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure testers wanted for The Count of Monte Cristo

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
I turn novels into games

Default testers wanted for The Count of Monte Cristo

Any volunteers for testing the Count of Monte Cristo? I want to make a lot of improvements so I'm looking for a lot of comments and suggestions. PM me for the link if you're interested (it's a 200 MB download). There's no money I'm afraid, just my eternal gratitude.

(mods: this isn't freeware, more very-cheap-ware, so feel free to move the thread, I'm not sure where it belongs )

Last edited by Enter the Story; 07-02-2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-02-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
overall swell guy

Ehm, what platform is it? What system requirements and so forth? Give a little more info and people will stand in line to test it, I'm sure. Looks marvelous from what I can tell.

I'm almost strictly Mac, though. And I don't have the time...
Old 07-02-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
I turn novels into games

Thanks. Sorry I didn't give more info. it's made with AGS, so sadly it's only PC, and Linux with luck. But it will play on almost any Windows box. The large download size is because of the music file (AGS shares music for technical reasons). Hopefully if AGS does go open source I'll be able to offer Mac and Android versions one day. But my main priority right now is just getting a game that people want to play.

My first four games were hard work to make - lots of behind the scenes challenges. But this is the first game where I feel I'm on top of it, so I can really concentrate on gameplay - the stuff people actually want. That's why I'm keen to get suggestions for how to improve it.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #4
I turn novels into games

Just a note to say I've uploaded an updated version. If you're looking at version 4, version 5 has a number of fixes.

EDIT: Version 6 is up now. Thanks to those who gave feedback so far.

Last edited by Enter the Story; 07-05-2011 at 08:42 AM.