You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2009, 04:13 AM   #61
Dungeon Master

Thanks for the mini-review, kuze. Does the sequel have those dreadful waiting puzzles?
Old 10-07-2009, 06:06 AM   #62
In an evening of July...

It's been a while since I played the first game, so remind me again which puzzles you're talking about?
Old 10-07-2009, 06:09 AM   #63

Afaik they didn't appear in the german version of the game, so you'll probably never encountered them.
There were some moments in the original and Englisch version of the first Black Mirror where you had to wait some time for things to happen.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:21 AM   #64
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
Afaik they didn't appear in the german version of the game, so you'll probably never encountered them.
There were some moments in the original and Englisch version of the first Black Mirror where you had to wait some time for things to happen.
This sounds horrible, and no, there are none of those in Black Mirror 2. Well, I believe you do have to trigger a few scripts and imitate the passing of time by leaving and entering the room, but that wasn't annoying to me at all.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:45 AM   #65

Does someone know when the game is going to be released in english?
Really hate the fact that such an anticipated adventure game is available only in one language...
Old 10-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #66

German demo:

http://www.blackmirror2-game.com/dow...tup_GERMAN.exe
Old 10-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #67
In an evening of July...

On a sidenote, for those who don't want to hunt the unlockable artwork, you can unlock it via the configfile in your My Documents/Black Mirror 2 folder. The pictures are rather boring though, unfortunately.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:54 PM   #68
PAIN

I already tried Black mirror 2 and play a little because its in German,the intro video is awesome!Can't wait for the English version on December
Old 11-02-2009, 07:00 AM   #69

Anything new here? It seems this game was released in Germany to little fanfare, and I can't find any reference to its worldwide release, specifically English-speaking release. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything new.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #70
Roman5

Oooh, finally, we get it at the end of the month apparently.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/gameinfo.php?id=926

Old 04-02-2010, 08:12 AM   #71

Cool, I really did like the first game.. altho the ending wasn't very good.

and the voice acting, wasn't either. lets hope its a bit better, being download only.. I doubt it
Old 04-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #72

Clarify something for me, if the english version hasn't come out yet, what is it they're selling on the Mamba Games website?

http://www.mamba-games.co.uk/black-mirror-p-53.html

I thought it could've been the german version, but up to March 26 that same web page said "Available: March 26", while the german version came out months before that!
Old 04-24-2010, 10:17 PM   #73

Send a message via MSN to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman

Any further update guys for the release date in US ?
Old 04-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #74
Roman5

Pushed back a few days now according to twitter and AG:

Odyssia
May 7, 2010 (Status: Announced)

Not sure if that's global, europe, or USA.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:11 PM   #75

I pretty much agree with Kuze on the ending of the game. Overall, I liked BM2 very much even though it's not as good as the first game - it lacks the moody, brooding atmosphere, and I had expected to be able to explore Black Mirror Castle a little further. There are some great twistings towards the end that left me open-mouthed. However, the ending itself was a let-down. When the final sequence started playing, at first I was dumbstruck. Then I started to curse and swear because I refused to believe that *this* was actually how it's supposed to end. However, there's supposed to be another sequel; at least there's a hint to another sequel after the credits

As for Darren: Yes, he's arrogant and smart-ass but I rather liked him. Pretty much like Samuel, really, who's not the nicest person either. But I like characters that have an edge to them, that are not too nice. However, character design could have been a little better. The puzzles, on the other hand, are quite ok - not too difficult but not too easy either.

The only thing that really bothered me: The game wouldn't play on my computer. Apparently, the German publisher used a copy protect programme (ProtectDisc) that doesn't agree with my DVD-device so I had to install and play the game on my boyfriend's computer.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:20 PM   #76
Stalker of Britain

It supposedly comes out today. Does anyone know where to get an English release?
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-30-2010, 10:07 PM   #77

Send a message via MSN to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman

Yes I am too looking forward for the input from the English Gamers about the game.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:09 AM   #78

I think your enjoyment of Black Mirror 2 severely depends on how you approach it. I think it feels much more like a spin-off or a game inspired by the first one, than a true sequel. It's got a very different feel, and a very different approach to the plot of the first game - which was obviously necessary, because the secrets of Black Mirror Castle had been revealed to you by the end of the first game and you, as the player, knew much more than Darren at the beginning of the second game. But I think the writer(s?) did quite a good job on that one - only a few marks were missed, but generally, it was a nice take on Black Mirror's story, which I personally didn't even like. I hated the ending of Black Mirror 1, and Black Mirror 2 does not rely and expand upon the supernatural stuff, but rather focuses on the characters, which was a welcome choice for me.
I think making Darren a science student was such a great choice, because he is the last person to believe in such a thing as curses. I would have found the ending truly intriguing if the game had ended before the final cinematic, with Darren's final line
Spoiler:
He said something like it's all just hereditary insanity and not at all real, just people going crazy because of their medieval beliefs. I think this would have made a great twist, if explored even more.

A little bit more focussing in one direction, a little bit more fine-tuning and getting rid of superfluous characters and it could have been an outstanding title. Otherwise, it's a nicely polished, enjoyable adventure with interesting ideas and maybe a promising future for the developer. Still, I would rather have liked them wrapping up the storyline with the second game and creating an original IP, that would suit them more, I pressume, as Black Mirror 2 does not, as said, aim that much at actually capturing the spirit of the first title.

(btw.: I have played the German version of the game, so I do not know how translation and voice acting will affect the English release.)
Old 05-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #79

Send a message via MSN to Sandman

Any update?
Old 05-02-2010, 11:40 PM   #80
Jumping peanut on a stick

Release date is now May 7.