You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Gray matter: official site / hype / marketing and publishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2009, 09:07 AM   #261

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

The convention isn't in Leipzig anymore. If I'm not mistaken it's in Cologne this year. dtp will be present for sure. Now it's up to them to show something about Gray Matter or not.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 07-21-2009, 09:17 AM   #262

Awesome! Thanks for the info, Andrea.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #263
Schattenjäger

Yep, regarding that the GamesCom starts in a month, dtp will surely announce their lineup soon. Then we´ll know more.

I´ll be there and hope to come back with some impressing Gray Matter impressions.
Favorite games: Gabriel Knight series, Heavy Rain, Tex Murphy series, The Last Express, King's Quest 6 Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, The Lost Crown, Tender Loving Care, Blade Runner, Quest for Glory 4, Overclocked, The Dig, Dreamfall...
Old 08-05-2009, 04:30 AM   #264

Some new/old screenshots surfaced from an old thread hidden over at Adventure-Treff, spotted by eagle-eyed Nico.

They are probably from an early stage of (Wizarbox) development, since they show the old Sam model. And they are probably taken from the XboX version. Furthermore, the quality of the screenshots leaves much to be desired.

Still, at least two of them show the improved quality of the backgrounds and the nice light effects, plus a tidbit of the interface.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:02 AM   #265

The screenshots certainly don't look better, but I guess Wizarbox just finished the work of Tonuzaba then. Well, I hope the release is not too far away!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:52 AM   #266

wunderbar!

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 08-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #267

I can't wait for the convention later this month! I have a feeling we'll see, at long last, some new Gray Matter material.

Old 08-21-2009, 12:20 AM   #268

So yeah, we sure did get a LOT of information about Gray Matter in GamesCom right?

Oh wait - we got the finger instead!
Nice to know how much Wizardbox cares about the game and it's fans... The least they can do is tell us they're NOT going to release it in 2009 and take of the blatant lie of a sentence that's still appearing in every page of the game's official (dead) site:"Coming soon 2009" Yeah right...

Even the hardcore fans at cort-x forums seem to have started giving up hope...

Simply a shameful behavior and management by Wizardbox...

Last edited by The Mutajon; 08-21-2009 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 08-21-2009, 01:01 AM   #269

I understand you're dissapointed that DTP decided not to show anything at the Gamescom, but it's simply because when they do the unveiling, they want the game to be ready and glossy, rather than a work in progress. After such a long development time, it's understandable, no?

It is still scheduled for 2009. Betatesting will start soon.

I know it's hard to understand their decision to keep us in the dark, but we have waited for Gray Matter for many years now.. a little bit longer won't make much of a difference, right ;-)
Old 08-21-2009, 01:08 AM   #270
Senior *female* member

Option A:

Quote:
After such a long development time, it's understandable, no?
and B:

Quote:
I know it's hard to understand their decision to keep us in the dark...
I'll go for B.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:21 AM   #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mutajon View Post
Nice to know how much Wizardbox cares about the game and it's fans...
I reiterate that it's DTP not Wizarbox the one responsible for the marketing of the game.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:30 AM   #272
Writer-Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
I reiterate that it's DTP not Wizarbox the one responsible for the marketing of the game.
I second that and want to emphasise that Wizarbox are some of the nicest people you could wish to meet and very hard working. They care a lot about the fans and I'm sure they would love to say more if they were allowed to do so.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:45 AM   #273
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

If Gray Matter comes out in 2009 it means there will be pretty much nothing to wait for in 2010 (and possible a couple more years). All the long awaited titles got released now.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:51 AM   #274

Except for Dramfall: Chapters

Anyway, I must say that I found the lack of GM at the GamesCom bewildering, but I want to hope that DTP had a good reason not to show it.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:12 AM   #275
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Also, who knows, maybe a new Tex Murphy game will be announced too, but I doubt it could be finished before 2011.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:39 AM   #276

All I can say is that there's something that seems not normal about all of this. Other games get announced, get developed, then boom, get released. Not this one. How many games have been announced and then been released since Gray Matter first showed up on the radar? It just seems not normal, and I can't figure out if it's good not normal or bad not normal.

Good not normal means there's something so amazing going on, something so incredibly jaw-dropping that to give away even a hint of it's awesomeness would be to rob it of its supernatural powers.

Bad not normal means that all sorts of mundane problems have hindered development of this game every step of the way, and it's all way behind schedule. Or maybe the publisher has this particular game far down on their list of priorities, for whatever reason.

I'll say this: this game is the perfect device to divide adventure gamers into one of two camps: the optimists and the pessimists.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:25 AM   #277

It does look a bit worrying, i know there are some developers that prefere to keep their games hidden from the spotlight during the development, however, if they really want to release it this year (and i really doubt that, i'm guessing it will be delayed to 2010 like so many games nowadays) it looks strange that they are not raising the hype levels so close to the annouced release date like everyone does.

I understand that Grey matter is focused to the nich market of adventure gamers, and most of the potencial buyers already know about the game, but my common sense says that they should be hyping Grey Matter like crazy to the outside public, its a Jane Jensen game for gods sake!

Anyway, i'm sure the game will be released (not this year IMO) and it will be a good game, thats not what i'm worried. My concernes are more about the publisher, their marketing philosophy and apparent lack of ambition (not about the actual game).
Old 08-21-2009, 07:37 AM   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper Klacks View Post
[..]it's a Jane Jensen game for gods sake!
I second the feeling...

Old 08-21-2009, 07:38 AM   #279

I guess in the future thread "GamesCom 2010" or "GamesCom 2011" there will be similar questions like "Oh where is Gray Matter?". And someone will write "be patient, I feel something good is about to happen"
Old 08-21-2009, 07:59 AM   #280

Gray Matter is not dead. DTP showed a new gametrailer at Gamescom, but nothing more.