You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Gray matter: official site / hype / marketing and publishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #461
It's Hard To Be Humble

Personally, I think it looks great. I just hope it plays as good as it looks.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:10 AM   #462

Quote:
Originally Posted by inm8#2 View Post
Anyone know what system requirements will be like for this one?

I don't think my laptop's integrated Intel 945 graphics chip will cut it. That thing had a hard time with The Lost Crown, for cryin' out loud.
Based on what we've seen, the system requirements shouldn't be too bad. The character models look fairly detailed, but since the backgrounds are pre-rendered, it shouldn't require a lot of horsepower (the lighting engine might cause some hiccups). I'd guess anything above a Radeon 3600-series should be able to play it at full detail without trouble.

I hate to say it, but the Intel 945 is one of the worst graphics chips out there today. It's probably not going to run the game very well at all.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:00 PM   #463

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
It seems that a Polish online PC magazine posted some actual screenshots, including some previously unseen locations and character models.

The gallery is here.
Yes, I'm editor from that site, I went to CDP Conference, saw a playable Gray Matter (Witcher 2, Arcania and Alpha Protocol demos were all great, but I went there mostly for GM) and wrote a preview. So yes, it does exist and it looks amazing. The graphics changed a lot since the first screens. We were shown a comparision shots of the same locations. Bassicaly everything has now that slightly painted look, so if you see a clear render it's an outdated picture.
Btw..it's also coming to Xbox 360.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:20 PM   #464

The production team really has a good eye for detail and graphical harmony. All those screenshots from the preview look stunning. I really wish GK1 was remade like this, or a new GK for that matter.

I looked forward to demoing GM for myself. The wait is unbearable.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 04-16-2010, 11:52 PM   #465
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianWerner View Post
Btw..it's also coming to Xbox 360.
Did you get to see how it's implemented? Is it along the lines of the Monkey Island Special Edition or something else? I'm really looking forward to actually getting it on the 'Box, but if the controls are really iffy I might have to reconsider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
I really wish GK1 was remade like this, or a new GK for that matter.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:23 AM   #466

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
Did you get to see how it's implemented? Is it along the lines of the Monkey Island Special Edition or something else? I'm really looking forward to actually getting it on the 'Box, but if the controls are really iffy I might have to reconsider.

Nope, sorry. There just was a Xbox360 logo on the poster and all I got about it was that it most likely will have some achievements and that full reveal of console version will be done later in april
Old 04-17-2010, 08:02 AM   #467

Has this game been delayed?

I'm seeing a September release date everywhere. I thought it was May before?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mamba-Games-.../dp/B002WTBQZU
Old 04-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #468
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgamer60 View Post

Damn. I hope that isn't true.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 04-17-2010, 11:23 AM   #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgamer60 View Post

They announced it for May, but ended up running into some complications (I don't know exactly what, sorry) with a beta test and it's almost definitely going to slip. They haven't announced a new date yet.

(The following is mostly conjecture; I have no insider information.)

The people who were in the beta seem to agree that this latest wait should end up making the game a lot better than it would have been if it was coming out early this year. It does seem like this game is constantly in a release-date death spiral, but everything I've seen leaves me confident that it really will be out before 2010 is done.

I'm guessing that they'll officially announce a new date at the presentation AdrianWerner is referring to. If not, dtp is going to be presenting at E3, so we'll almost definitely get something official then.

(Still crossing my fingers for a simultaneous release in North America!)

By the way, AdrianWerner, thanks for the coverage! Wish I could read Polish, but without your preview we probably never would have known they were even showing the game off at CDPC.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:42 PM   #470
Life and times of...

I was just going to ask about that delay myself, good that it was already covered. And good that(/if?) that really is the reason it was pushed back.

Kinda also shows that they care about the game (if the beta-test feedback really is the reason). Also, that is some kind of indication that there has been progress and that it can be released this year (which is as long as I've given myself to not care about it being pushed back).

Anyways, I just really hope that there'll be something official about this. Or anything for that matter...
Old 04-17-2010, 02:31 PM   #471

Sorry, but I am not buying the compilcations theory. It's just another trick to push back the release date at their own convenience.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #472

I find your insistence that there's some sort of insane conspiracy at work to keep this game out of your hands fascinating. There was a beta test, the testers gave them a ton of feedback and there's no reason to assume they haven't been working their asses off ever since.

They want to release this game, to great sales and great reviews. It's dtp's flagship game of 2010 and it's in the hands of a highly-respected developer. Do you really think they pushed it back just to piss you off?
Old 04-18-2010, 01:10 AM   #473

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamedrake View Post
I find your insistence that there's some sort of insane conspiracy at work to keep this game out of your hands fascinating. There was a beta test, the testers gave them a ton of feedback and there's no reason to assume they haven't been working their asses off ever since.

They want to release this game, to great sales and great reviews. It's dtp's flagship game of 2010 and it's in the hands of a highly-respected developer. Do you really think they pushed it back just to piss you off?
Conspiracy? Piss off? Who wrote this? At their own convenience is what I wrote. Oh, and they admitted that themselves.

And I find your insistence in having posts related only to games Jensen is involved fascinating. Is that you Jane?
Old 04-19-2010, 06:01 AM   #474
Life and times of...

What convenience is there now to push it back though?
Old 04-23-2010, 01:07 AM   #475
Failed Birthday Elf

At the risk of repeating UP, why would it be to their convenience to push back the release date unless there was more work that needed doing arising through complications of some sort exposed by, say, a beta test?
Old 04-23-2010, 02:02 AM   #476

Read the thread. Marketing convenience.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:21 AM   #477
Life and times of...

Marketing convenience? But is it very good marketing if the game is pushed back all the time? To me it seems quite the opposite...

And I don't remember any real competition being released at the same time either (in the summer, that is).

And besides, if it really does help the game sell better and especially have more visibility, I'm totally up for it. So what if the game is released a bit later if it makes more money for the makers so that they have more incentive to make the next game, as well as arousing more interest towards the game and the genre overall.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:31 AM   #478

I really don't see how this would be intentional. It's not good promotion for the game, nor for Jane Jensen herself. This project has been talked about since 2004, and it's become a joke. Some people are convinced it'll never be released, I personally think the hype around the game will be gone by September (unless they figure out a way to promote it well enough).
Old 04-23-2010, 02:33 AM   #479

@UPtimist

Your second sentence contradicts your last.

Oh and I am not the "maker" of the game, I am the customer. And I don't want to be exploited by a company based on their sales predictions. If you are, fine.

I repeat. They said it that themselves.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:55 AM   #480
Failed Birthday Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekaneas297 View Post
Read the thread. Marketing convenience.
Perhaps I am simply being stupid but what, specifically, do you mean by Marketing convenience? Are there other games due to be released at the same time that you honestly think will affect the sales?

Also if the release date is pushed back again (and again ) do you really think you are being exploited?