You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Most Memorable Scene In An Adventure EVER

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2007, 12:39 AM   #41
Biomechanoid

Send a message via MSN to Bobske

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Cookiemonster View Post
haha i can't even remember how it ended. For me the most memorable scene is the intro of Broken Sword: The Shadow Of The Templars. Just hearing the music gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.
Paris in the fall...

Anyway, the ending of Under a Killing Moon was something like this:

Spoiler:
Tex frees the hot chick,realises that the Moon Child is going to blow, running through corridors, cool music playing, people on Moon Child realising they're going to die start praying, cool music still playing, Big Bada Boom!

Moon Child blows to pieces, voice over from James Earl Jones starting with: No pestilence has ever been so fatal, or so hideous... And then Day 7 starts with Tex thinking about what has happened the past week and then starts to dance with whats-her-name, one of the lonely women taking cha cha cha lessons...

Well something like that...

Last edited by Bobske; 04-06-2007 at 01:31 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:05 AM   #42

Send a message via MSN to I Love Cookiemonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobske View Post
Paris in the fall...

Anyway, the ending of Under a Killing Moon was something like this:

Spoiler:
Tex frees the hot chick,realises that the Moon Child is going to blow, running through corridors, cool music playing, people on Moon Child realising they're going to die start praying, cool music still playing, Big Bada Boom!

Moon Child blows to pieces, voice over from James Earl Jones starting with: No pestilence has ever been so fatal, or so hideous... And then Day 7 starts with Tex thinking about what has happened the past week and then starts to dance with whats-her-name, one of the lonely women taking cha cha cha lessons...

Well something like that...
Spoiler:
wow i should really try to play this game again! what's the moon child?
I'm the root of all that's evil yeah but you can call me Cookie
Old 04-06-2007, 04:32 AM   #43
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneho Chane View Post
The second chapter of Sanitarium was like, "WOAH!??"
I agree! When that stupid pumpkin patch action sequence started, I was like, "WOAH! This game sucks!"
Old 04-06-2007, 05:21 AM   #44
Biomechanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Cookiemonster View Post
Spoiler:
wow i should really try to play this game again! what's the moon child?
Action Point Easter Weekend: Start playing Under a Killing Moon

Spoiler:
The Moon Child was a big orbital spacestation. The Moon Child was a "small earth" with a zoo, parks, movie theaters etc where the bad guy (Persival?) had a group of "healthy" non-mutants which he deemed worthy. With this group of people he wanted to repopulate the earth. Persival wanted to release a virus or something like that in earth's atmosphere so that the world would be "purified". Tex' winterchip was the reason the earth was saved...

It's been awhile since I played UAKM but I think it's an ok description

PS: if you want to play UAKM, if have a working config under DOSBOX without diskswapping. I created 4 images and editted the DOSBOX config file to make it work!
Old 04-06-2007, 05:23 AM   #45
Biomechanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapstorm View Post
I agree! When that stupid pumpkin patch action sequence started, I was like, "WOAH! This game sucks!"

Did you play the other chapters? The chapter in the house or the Circus chapter are really amazing!
Old 04-06-2007, 01:50 PM   #46
Life and times of...

To me - pretty much all of GK3. I mean, it just has so many amazing scenes in many ways. And to me, even just the start. One of the first adventure games I played and it was a totally different kind of game to me. Really, the whole game was just such an experience, and after that every time I've played it through again has brought something new to me. Can't name just one scene, it's all just etched in my mind. Even Grim Fandango hasn't made as strong an impression.

The music does a lot too. I'm listening to that right now, actually. Nowhere do I remember hearing such music...

Right, my eulogy is over for now.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:05 PM   #47

Default Phantasmagoria

The rape scene in Phantasmagoria really tripped me out.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:58 AM   #48

Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh, the first day. Curtis sits down to work at his computer and an invisible hand slaps his face so hard it knocks him across the room and draws blood. Now, THAT's a heart-stopping moment.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:47 PM   #49

- Calling the worm for the first time in Dune.
- The ghost impersonating in Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.
- Monkey Island 2 intro, where Largo steals from Guybrush.
- Getting to the map of Melee Island in Monkey Island 1.
- MI1's intro (the music ). I'm going to reaply it right now...
- The painter's shop in Still Life (after the infamous and frustrating lockpicking puzzle)
- The creepy feeling of discovering that something's wrong with the people you're helping in Zork : Nemesis.
- The "Alice in Wonderland" part in Simon the Sorcerer.
- The barn in Dark Fall where nothing happens but where I almost shook from fear.
- The jungle Age in Myst IV : Revelation.
- Edna in the kitchen in Maniac Mansion
- The sewers in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- Von Glower's seduction of Gabriel in Gabriel Knight 2 : The Beast Within.
- The intro to the Rubacava year in Grim Fandango.

There are many others, but these ones are the most memorable.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #50
Adventure Lover

Send a message via AIM to Boneho Chane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapstorm View Post
I'm guessing you enjoyed it then.

Anyway, the game started to fall apart right after chapter 2. But before then it was like wow.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:57 PM   #51
say yes when nobody asked

The most memorable moments ever for me are the murder scenes in Phantasmagoria. I don't think anything (in a game) will ever top that!
Old 04-07-2007, 02:33 PM   #52
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneho Chane View Post
Anyway, the game started to fall apart right after chapter 2. But before then it was like wow.
It amazes me how many people say this. While I agree that Chapter 2 is a very strong part of the game, I thought the rest of the game was good as well. I found the Mansion segment to be very moving, and the Morgue and Hive chapters to be interestingly gross/creepy. The Gauntlet section had several creative puzzles (namely, the whole shapechange aspect).

The only part of Sanitarium I didn't like was the Aztec chapter, which I found pretty lame and dull (although their twist on the maze concept was interesting).

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."
Old 04-07-2007, 09:57 PM   #53

the brief periods of underwater structures in Dig always stick out as a beautiful scene to me...

I also remember Gabriel Knights room quite vividly from the first GK game
Old 04-07-2007, 11:59 PM   #54
Master of time and space

Some come to mind.

Basically the whole of Spire in Revelation. Just a remarkable experience.

The ending of Monkey Island 2. Just weird... heavy Lynch warning ;-)

Realizing your true identity in Knights of the Old Republic. I'm rarely caught off guard, but I didn't suspect that until right before it was revealed.

Introduction sequence of Wing Commander 3 when Prince Thrakhath refers to Angel as "... lair mate of the Heart of the Tiger". Having played both Wing Commander 1 & 2 plus all the expansion packs before then, that line sent shivers up my spine :-). Hey, it was cool realizing that your previous exploits had earned you a nick name of that magnitude!

Anachronox when whatsisname answers "You'd be amazed how seldom people look up" to the question of how he knows so much about peoples secret affairs. He says this just before flying off.

There are probably more, but I'll just pick Wing Commander 3's intro. Yes, I know it's not a "true" adventure, but the game is an adventure and that's good enough for me :-P
Old 04-08-2007, 02:01 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
To me - pretty much all of GK3. I mean, it just has so many amazing scenes in many ways. And to me, even just the start. One of the first adventure games I played and it was a totally different kind of game to me. Really, the whole game was just such an experience, and after that every time I've played it through again has brought something new to me.
For me there was a flipside to that. The game had an overwhelming amount of things to look at and think about. I played the game a few years after its release and the game just looks ugly. Say what you like about cartoon and prerendered games, they certainly age better than most early 3D games.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:08 PM   #56

For me it was the ending of Zork Nemesis - when you found it who the Nemesis really is. It totally took me by surprise!

Also, there were many parts in Grim Fandango, but the ending was both happy and sad at the same time.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:47 AM   #57

MANIAC MANSION!!! mi first adventure game...when i entered that house and went to the kitchen..i was 9 years old listening to bon jovi!!!ahhh nice memories...such a cool game!

GK1, the first day when gabe has the nightmare, it made such a cinematic effect in my mind! it was like a dark, misterious movie, with a cool character, plot, and days!!!just like a real movie or book! it seems so dramatic! exc!
Old 04-09-2007, 02:06 AM   #58
The Quiet One

The intro to Full Throttle. I love it and the music that plays during the credits is cool; catchy riff.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 04-09-2007, 05:49 AM   #59
King Silly

Well, so many scenes have been mentioned. Since Dream of the Turtle is latest title I've played, I'll bring up something from that. It's very silly and stupid, but for some reason it cracked me up.

Remember when Brian and Sushi were chatting on messenger? Brian seriously told Sushi how he's in BIG trouble, and Sushi thinks it's a joke and responds LOL with nice funny voice acting "el o el!" thrown in there, and Brian is like: "I'm being serious Sushi!"

I don't know if anyone else found that part funny, but it somehow got me.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:18 PM   #60

Not an adventure game, but the ending to American McGee's Alice was just touchingly beautiful. Watching the brutalised, twisted world return to being a happy place again (and characters brought back to life) made it all worthwhile.