You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Most Memorable Scene In An Adventure EVER

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007, 10:44 PM   #61
Dividing the Digital

Rackin' the brain here...

The last series of action sequences in Full Throttle, talk about very cool.

The pirates singing in Curse of Monkey Island. My favourite part and i love all your responses in attempts to stop them, pure gold!

Fighting Big Jim Slade in Tex Murphy: Overseer. You think that Richard Norton had problems when he tee'd off Jackie Chan in Mr Nice Guy, just wait when he runs into Tex Murphy! heh.

Wolfgang and the Snake Mound in GK:Sins of the Fathers

Finding out how to shoo off the dragon in Zork 2. Not sure why that sticks out, but i remember when i was little thinking that was a pretty cool scene.

The ending to The Feeble Files

The ending to Dreamweb
Old 04-10-2007, 01:04 AM   #62
Biomechanoid

Send a message via MSN to Bobske

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davies View Post
Not an adventure game, but the ending to American McGee's Alice was just touchingly beautiful. Watching the brutalised, twisted world return to being a happy place again (and characters brought back to life) made it all worthwhile.
OT!:

You might already know this but American McGee's Alice is coming to the big screen!

Sarah Michelle Gellar is going to star as Alice. For more information see IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0466663/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizukana View Post
The ending to Dreamweb
I also loved the ending to The Dreamweb! I never saw it coming! IMHO, The Dreamweb is one of the most underrated adventure games evah!

Spoiler:
So do you think that Ryan was crazy, that it was just a voice in his head making him commit all the murders? When you read his journal you get the impression that Ryan is really ill. But then again, to him, the guardian really exists...

The game reminds me of the movie Frailty. If you haven't seen it, go rent it now

Last edited by Bobske; 04-10-2007 at 04:57 AM.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:33 AM   #63

For me it's also the ending scene in GK3. Wow. Jane Jenssen rocks. I'm really looking forward to her new one, Gray Matter
Old 04-10-2007, 08:24 AM   #64

The only scene that really stands out in my mind is that dammed goat in Broken Sword 1. Arrrggghh, it makes me so angry still!!!

It was an emotional time when I cheated and finally got past it.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:37 AM   #65
Passion Adventurist

Send a message via MSN to Hysteria

That movie themed scene in Fahrenheit when 2 cars explode. Oh, and his moves..
Ummm...YES! I will NEVER forget that scene in Dreamfall when April comes to underground library (and meets Crow)...ooh...such exotic place, my god!....
Old 04-11-2007, 08:18 AM   #66
Quixotic

Send a message via AIM to JoeX111 Send a message via Yahoo to JoeX111

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG View Post
Anachronox when whatsisname answers "You'd be amazed how seldom people look up" to the question of how he knows so much about peoples secret affairs. He says this just before flying off.
I love the three-way flashback scene where you see what happened in the infamous accident that ruined Boots' career, especially the final one when you see what happened to Fatima. That scene almost brought tears to my eyes.

I also loved the scene later when the group finally faces off against Detta and you learn why Boots owes him so much money. Very powerful storytelling, there.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:55 AM   #67
King Silly

The whole theatre scene from Gabriel Knight 2.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:21 AM   #68
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

I quite enjoyed the opening sequence in Myst IV...the colors, the music, the ride on the cable car...
Old 04-12-2007, 03:03 AM   #69
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnorkleCat View Post
I quite enjoyed the opening sequence in Myst IV...the colors, the music, the ride on the cable car...
It could have been perfect if you could push the girl out of the car.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:20 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapstorm View Post
Seconded.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 04-13-2007, 04:45 AM   #71
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I agree, the beginning of "Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars" was just perfect.

The whole ending chapter of "The Longest Journey", especially the Ghost House. Also, the first look at Roper Klacks' castle from the swamp.

The ending of "The Black Mirror". And several scenes in that game still make me shiver.

The ending of "The Dig".

The beginning of "The Secret of Monkey Island".

The ending of "LOOM". As well as the whole Audio Drama. The beginning was also quite nice.

The ending of Syberia (I was *shouting* at the screen, shouting she should run, for heaven's sake!), and the ending of Syberia II. And at what happened to Oscar (I seem to be the only one who liked that guy. ).

Many, many parts in "World's Apart". Like when the world is suddenly different, mixed with another, fire world. Or when you finally open the energy field in the hut. And that game was only text!

Also, the ending of "Uncle Zebulon's Will", which is also text.

The ending of "Grim Fandango" was great too.

I am sure there are more, but these are all I can think of right now.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 04-13-2007, 06:11 AM   #72

Oh, I agree on all Rubacava scenes from Grim Fandango mentioned here. Those were great.

-

Old 04-14-2007, 04:19 AM   #73

Oh! How could I have forgotten...

The point near the end of Planetfall
Spoiler:
when Floyd dies

I'm not ashamed to say I wept.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:28 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapstorm View Post
Would've been perfect if the voices were in synch with the acting. I've played the game on two P.C.s, a rig and medium built one, and a laptop and I think it's safe to say it's got something to do with the game.

I just loved exploring Atrus' house both night and day in the game. One of the best locations on any game - or any medium for that matter.

The intro to TLJ from the beginning FMV to when she wakes up from bed. I really was hoping this was going to be a great game. If only.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:09 AM   #75
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
IThe ending of Syberia (I was *shouting* at the screen, shouting she should run, for heaven's sake!), and the ending of Syberia II. And at what happened to Oscar (I seem to be the only one who liked that guy. ).
I like Oscar from Syberia!
The intro cut scene of Syberia was beautiful. Indeed a memorable scene. Another scene, or rather location that I'll never forget is The Gallery in Uru Ages beyond Myst. It has the most beautiful music I've ever heard in a game.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:09 AM   #76

Its not a single scene but everything about the game Project Zero..it scared the life out of me..from what I can remember you are only armed with a camera..oh man I was so scared I could only play this game during the day [and with the lights on].
Old 04-15-2007, 10:59 AM   #77

Send a message via MSN to godel23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post

The ending of "The Black Mirror". And several scenes in that game still make me shiver.

The ending of Syberia (I was *shouting* at the screen, shouting she should run, for heaven's sake!), and the ending of Syberia II. And at what happened to Oscar (I seem to be the only one who liked that guy. ).
Personally, I found Black Mirror memorable for all the wrong reasons - I saw the ending coming from about of a quarter of the way in, and when it did end it happened so quickly. For me it was just such a frustrating, uninvolving game.

I didn't play Syberia I, only Syberia II - and found it kind of hard to get into the story. I feel sorry not to have played the first one first (as it were!). I also played it in German, and having to scramble for the dictionary every other conversation to work out what was going on didn't help!

It's been said before, but all of GK3 still sticks with me as pretty close to my ideal game. Although I do have a fondness for the last cutscene of KQ5 - mainly just because of the fairy tale ending... (heck, I was a teenager when I first played it...!)
Old 04-16-2007, 12:00 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by godel23 View Post
Personally, I found Black Mirror memorable for all the wrong reasons - I saw the ending coming from about of a quarter of the way in, and when it did end it happened so quickly. For me it was just such a frustrating, uninvolving game.

I didn't play Syberia I, only Syberia II - and found it kind of hard to get into the story. I feel sorry not to have played the first one first (as it were!). I also played it in German, and having to scramble for the dictionary every other conversation to work out what was going on didn't help!

It's been said before, but all of GK3 still sticks with me as pretty close to my ideal game. Although I do have a fondness for the last cutscene of KQ5 - mainly just because of the fairy tale ending... (heck, I was a teenager when I first played it...!)

I think the opinions are really separated over Black Mirror. Either one likes it, or they don't. There's nothing anyone of us can do against it.

-

Old 04-16-2007, 01:25 AM   #79

As for traditional adventure games:
1. Broken Sword I: the entire final part (from the train to the credits), brilliant!
2. TLJ: the part in the forest and the floating castle were brilliant. I mean, basically they were just filler (the only purpose it really served was to lengthen the game, but it was still great fun)
3. As mentioned before, Year 2 in Grim Fandango (I didn't much like year 3, though)

As for games that some wouldn't consider 'real' adventure games:
1. Psychonauts: petty much everything is great in this game, but especially some of the asylum scenes (such as Bonaparte's Mind)
2. Beyond Good and Evil: the final parts on the moon
Old 04-16-2007, 10:37 AM   #80
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

I agree with the Oscar scene. I really liked Oscar, and that scene was just.. It made me cry.. "Goodbye, Kate Walker"..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery