Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Most Memorable Scene In An Adventure EVER (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/19453-most-memorable-scene-adventure-ever.html)

Terramax 04-04-2007 02:59 AM

Most Memorable Scene In An Adventure EVER

Simple question, and yet so deep and important. What scene has given you the most memorable impact in an adventure?

Whether it be a laugh out loud humorous scene, one of love, mystery, maybe a scene that scared the bones out of your body, a secret that sent a shiver down your spin, a location that blew your mind, left you speechless, anything.

Or maybe it's a most terrible scene, one that you found so boring or irratating?

I'd mainly like to read about the former though.

I'd like to know what kind of high people get and how often. I would give an example of my own, but I think I'll need to think about it a little bit more.

samIamsad 04-04-2007 03:23 AM

Mommy, I'm worried! He hasn't eaten in 5 years.

Yeah, SO?

A picture's telling more than a thousand cheesecakes:

A damn fine gif courtesy of Mobygames!

SCREEEAAAM!

Kurufinwe 04-04-2007 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samIamsad (Post 402985)
A picture's telling more than a thousand cheesecakes:

Yeah, it tells that stealing bandwidth from Mobygames is bad. :P

Bobske 04-04-2007 03:33 AM

One of the most memorable moments for me is the whole ending sequence of Under A Killing Moon.

The end sequence is soooo amazing! The music, the suspense, everything!

Same goes for the intro, end of disc 1 movie and the ending from Toonstruck. Amazing!

Hmm maybe you meant something about gameplay.

Let me get back on that...

EvilMulder 04-04-2007 03:51 AM

The ending scene in Grim Fandango leeps to mind. Both the playable bit and the ending movie afterswards are suitably epic.

TangentBlack 04-04-2007 04:19 AM

I loved seeing Manny Calavara in a white tuxedo ala Bogart; that moment when I first saw him made the whole game worth it many times over. The end of the game was also very memorable.

[Punkass]Fender 04-04-2007 04:33 AM

Also Grim Fandango overhere

But I especially liked the transitions in ages, where Manny proved each time how competive he is
(and Glottis how hard he likes tuning :D)

vivasawadee 04-04-2007 06:38 AM

My most memorble scene in an adventure game is Leisuresuit Larry 1 : Land of the Lounge Lizards. No its not the moment when you die because you didn't use a prophylatic (boy that game taught me a lot about life), nor is it when you got shafted by that gold digger biatch (yep another lesson learnt early) but it was this-

Spoiler:
Getting to bang Eve after giving her an apple! APPLES?!?! "An apple a day keeps you banging away" :D

DustyShinigami 04-04-2007 06:50 AM

The Bull's Head Hill from Broken Sword 1 where Kahn holds you at gun point. The first time i played that section i was nervous and excited cuz i didn't know what was gonna happen. It was straight out of a movie and thinking what it would be like to be in that situation would be scary. One false move and your dead.

I also love the sequence in Still Life where Victoria goes into that hooker's apartment and battles with the killer. I find that video exciting and the slow motion moments make it very effective.

thriftweed 04-04-2007 06:58 AM

The intro to Secret of Monkey Island... Well it stuck in my mind anyway :)

Crapstorm 04-04-2007 07:06 AM

For me, it was probably that moment in Riven when the little girl appears on the path and runs away. Very shocking after hours of solitary wandering. It also evoked memories of "The Shining".

Roman5 04-04-2007 07:49 AM

The end of syberia, ( syberia 2 I think ), the beautiful cut scene when kate walker comes face to face with the mammoth and hans climbs onto it.

AprilLives 04-04-2007 08:32 AM

Yes, both Syberia endings are fantastic. But of the two, I like the first one best. Kate makes the momentous decision to cut old ties. She suddenly runs with such energy and realism, knocks over a chair, and jumps onto the moving train that promises pure freedom and endless possibilities. I’ll never forget it.

In Riven, there were many mysterious and unforgettable scenes. The little girl surprise, the rebels camp, freeing Catherine, Atrus and Catherine together again and on and on and on …

TLJ also brimmed with wonderful scenes. When you first see Arcadia and the birds overhead, the ship at sea before it crashes, the swamp and its people, April’s youthful beautifully drawn expressions … there’s no end to great scenes in TLJ.

But if I HAD to pick just one … the Syberia 1 ending.

cwapitm 04-04-2007 09:30 AM

The whole of Grim Fandango, yes. :) Also, the skeleton dance in KQ6.

RLacey 04-04-2007 09:38 AM

The end of Monkey Island 2. Utterly strange.

samIamsad 04-04-2007 09:43 AM

Why, because it suggested to turn off your computer and do something contstructive like

play a little racquetball!
Or wash your car!
Or cook dinner!
Or join a funk band!
Or travel to a foreign country!
Or run for president!
Or talk to a member of the opposite sex!
Or lube your car!
Or host a weenie roast!
Or dig for buried treasure!
Or milk a cow!
Or have a yelling contest with your neighbor's dog!
Or perform brain surgery!
Or paint a yellow line in the center of your driveway!
Or write your name in the snow!
Or teach basket weaving to clams!
Or sing Welsh folk songs at the bank!
Or plant trees on public property!
Or confuse the person next to you!
Or make a triangular table!
Or hop, skip, and jump!
Or ride a train!
Or organize your sock drawer alphabetically!
Or go bowling with your mom!
Or train potato bugs to do tricks!
Or make a quilt!
Or publish a magazine about pencil shavings!
Or eat lime jello with pineapple in it!
Or pave a freeway!
Or learn to draw!
Or take up photography!
Or learn to tell time!
Or photocopy money!
Or go out for pasta!
Or sew a dress!
Or bathe your iguana!
Or go fishing!
Or paint a stranger's house in the middle of the night!
Or take up windsurfing!
Or change your hair style!
Or sharpen your whiteboard markers!
Or feed a toucan!
Or enjoy the sun!
Or do a crossword puzzle!
Or buy some cool clothes!
Or go to the beach!
Or play croquet with your dad!
Or water your plants!
Or build a doll house!
Or invite some friends over for salmon and white wine!

How dare a game do that... ;)

daikatana_ 04-04-2007 10:59 AM

It may sound a little weird and it was not actually a scene but what I loved most, were logbooks in Bioforge. Reading through them is totally touching and really scary. Prisoners describing moments of their capture, life in their cells, how they are tortured and loosing their minds. When I was reading through them, listening to the background music and screams of another prisoner I got goose skin :)

Mikeynuts 04-04-2007 11:14 AM

Without a doubt...the opera scene at the end of Gabriel Knight 2. Beautiful music, mixed with action and suspense. It's very rewarding. I think it is one of the main reasons that everyone should play the game.

thx1138 04-04-2007 12:40 PM

I always liked GrimF intro and little sequence near the end when Many uses his sythe on grass and then flowers start flying... It looks so poetic.

Terramax 04-04-2007 01:07 PM

Having thought about it I can think of two.

1. The beginning of Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templers - from the intro FMV all the way through to where the inspector Rosso interogates you (and the digger down the road afterwards.

When George says: The explosion was change my life... forever.
It STILL sends the hairs on my arms up.

This section of the game is played out so well, the music, the danger, the way that the story just pulls you in by force. The witty dialog and rich character development, all rolled in and introduced to the player with the first few minutes.

2. The interrogation scene in Noir with Lewton, Nobby and Detritus.

First, it's just the funniest scene ever 'Alright, we knows you done it, you gotta sing like one of em flappy, twittery things!'

And of course, getting to see and listen to Detritus after reading him in the books for so long.