You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2007, 05:56 PM   #101

Quote:
http://gonintendo.com/?p=12083

Apparently it's one of the best adventure games to come around in about 10 years. I think I'm gonna wait a little longer since I just spent such and such amount of money for the DS and games, but I'm sure I will be getting it soon.
I'm playing it - it is simply amazing!!!!!!!!!!

I'm stunned by the quality of this game!

Old 01-23-2007, 06:06 PM   #102

Has hotel dusk been released in europe also. I was checking gamespot and the info there is just first quarter of the year.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:55 AM   #103

Target had 8 copies of Hotel Dusk on sale - for $29.99 wo hoo !!!!

This game is made for the DS, lots of touch screen use and excellent Dual Screen usage also!

Old 01-24-2007, 10:12 AM   #104
Adventure Gamer

Penny-Arcade spent a good chunk of its blog discussing adventure gaming today, mainly Hotel Dusk. I thought it was an interesting read. He kinda descibes adventure gaming as "reading a game", which I thought was an unique chioce of words to describe adventure games. Better yet, he posted a good link there to a high-res trailer for the game I haven't run into yet.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2007/01/24

--BPF
Old 01-24-2007, 11:53 AM   #105

He does a good job of touching on everything that makes Hotel Dusk compelling.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:48 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethsez View Post
It also stars a new defense attorney, not Phoenix, so should it come out in America it will most likely not carry the Phoenix Wright name.
I've noticed they're already preparing for that, in a sense. If you compare the first game's logo to that of the second game, you'll notice a big difference: "Ace Attourney" went from a tiny subtitle to the huge, central title. Most likely, this means that if and when GS4 comes out, it won't bear the "Phoenix Wright" name, but it will be recognisably part of the "Ace Attourney" franchise.

I just hope the new lawyer has a catchy name... "Phoenix Wright" has a great ring to it, so hopefully the new guy lives up to that.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:22 PM   #107

Quote:
Hotel Dusk checks into stores.

Stylish new "interactive novel" for DS now released.

Get your stylus at the ready, as Nintendo has announced the release of the highly-anticipated Nintendo DS adventure Hotel Dusk: Room 215 in North America.

Developed by Cing, the team responsible for Another Code (Trace Memory), the new game is being referred to by its publisher as an "interactive novel" because of its heavy emphasis on storytelling. Taking place in 1979, players assume the role of a former detective named Kyle Hyde, who "checks into the seedy Hotel Dusk in Los Angeles and suddenly finds himself embroiled in a 30-year-old murder mystery." Through conversations with over a dozen people, the player must make key dialogue decisions in order to move the story forward to a successful conclusion.

Unlike most DS games, Hotel Dusk is played with the system held sideways like a book, and its dual screens "display stylized sketch animation evoking a comic-book-like film noir."

For more information about Hotel Dusk: Room 215, be sure to check out the game's official website.
Now thAT's a real nice write up - It deserves such praise, it is very different - but different in a good way.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:58 PM   #108
Protector of the Seal

I plan on getting Hotel Dusk very soon... I've been interested in it since first hearing about it at E3. It's been very well received so far... about 83% on GameRankings.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:17 PM   #109

I'm up to Chapter 7 of Hotel Dusk ... it's almost over. It's been pretty nice so far, great story and some pretty decent puzzles. I'll have to go back thru again after I finish to see how many different ways
Spoiler:
I can get kicked out of Hotel Dusk.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:49 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiHann View Post
I just hope the new lawyer has a catchy name... "Phoenix Wright" has a great ring to it, so hopefully the new guy lives up to that.
That's going to be so weird...

"Beanbag Simpson: Ace Attorney (related to, but not to be entirely confused with Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney) by Capcom!!! Gotta have it!"
Old 01-26-2007, 05:14 PM   #111
Banned User

Speaking of this, has anyone played PC adventures on their DS yet using Scummvm? I'd like to know how it works. Maybe I need to start a new thread for this?
Old 01-26-2007, 06:38 PM   #112
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
Speaking of this, has anyone played PC adventures on their DS yet using Scummvm? I'd like to know how it works. Maybe I need to start a new thread for this?
Check out this thread. It looks like there's some good specifics on what you need.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:28 AM   #113
Grah! Grah!

It saddens me that none of the old Sierra, Lucasarts or even Westwood or the like legends to have done anything with the DS. The modest budgets, high quality 2D graphics and midiesque music seem like a throwback to the golden age of adventures. With a cart size of 128Mb I don't even see a reason why speech couldn't be included with some compression. I'd love to see what Lori Cole or Christy Marx might do with the touchscreen and microphone.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:59 PM   #114
XXJ

Default Gyakuten Saiban 4 demo

Gyakuten Saiban 4 demo (in japanese)
http://www.capcom.co.jp/saiban4/saib...taikenban.html

or
http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/index.html

Last edited by XXJ; 01-31-2007 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:22 AM   #115

http://kotaku.com/gaming/ds-therapy/...apy-233848.php

DS Therapy. Intrigue.

Timbo
Old 02-05-2007, 05:18 PM   #116

Just got Hotel Dusk! Let's dive into this bitch D:<

Timbo
Old 02-06-2007, 09:55 AM   #117

tbh, I still prefer Phoenix Wright above hotel Dusk, but thats just my point of view offcourse

I just finished case 3 in "justice for all", so I'm allready praying it wont take too long for a new capcom-release of this kind

Native language: Dutch (sorry for my English)
Old 02-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #118
is not wierd

Just finished Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Awesome game. The last case alone would have made it worthwhile, but indeed the entire game was quite fun (and long). Can't wait till the fully DS games start making their way here. Ah scratch that, the stories made it all; I'm sure I'll play anything from that series.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:10 PM   #119

I've played through the original cases of the first Phoenix Wright game and loved every second of it, but for some reason never really got into the DS specific one. I'm up to chapter 6 (or 5, but I think 6) of Hotel Dusk, and it's great so far. I'm playing a chapter a day to prolong the experience., and because it just feels weird to stop that game in the middle of a chapter for some reason. I've bought Justice for All, but haven't started it up yet.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:20 AM   #120
XXJ

Default Professor Layton and the Mysterious Village

http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3154341

demo(japanese)
http://www.layton.jp/taiken/index.html
site
http://www.layton.jp/

I got two handouts of this game at gameshop.(15cm,10.5cm)

(translation)
Question 152
There is a Tokyo Tower, in front of you.
Hide this tower with two 100 yen coins.

(Note)
Commercial message of this game was broadcasted in Japan.(2/8)
You can see this commercial message at http://www.layton.jp/ .

Last edited by XXJ; 02-09-2007 at 11:24 AM. Reason: add handouts, add Note