You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2011, 08:30 PM   #321

Default The Last Window

I bought a British copy for $59.99 of "The Last Window" - the sequel to the best selling (230,000 copies) Hotel Dusk. I am in North America so we never got a release.

It is - simply put the best adventure game I've ever played and worth $59.99.

Before this for $14.99 I got Crime lab and it was an amazing game that took me over 30 hours to finish. Not "The Last Window" but good.

This game - "The Last Window" deserves Adventure Game of the Year.

Next year who will get it? Ghost Trick or LA Noire? We'll see!

Last edited by Mikekelly; 06-20-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-20-2011, 08:46 AM   #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikekelly View Post
I bought a British copy for $59.99 of "The Last Window" - the sequel to the best selling (230,000 copies) Hotel Dusk. I am in North America so we never got a release.

Before this for $14.99 I got Crime lab and it was an amazing game that took me over 30 hours to finish. Not "The Last Window" but good.

Next year who will get it? Ghost Trigger or LA Noire? We'll see!

Ghost Trigger? What games that?
Old 06-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #323
fov
Rattenmonster

I think he meant Ghost Trick.

Also, thanks for reminding me about Last Window. I'd been waiting to see if the game would come to the US (I've jumped the gun on imports in the past and ended up paying way more than if I had waited), but after seeing Mikekelly's post today I decided to look into importing it. I was able to get it for $30 (including shipping with a tracking number) which is no worse than it would have cost in a store here. (Less, actually, considering California's high sales tax!) Seems like the UK shops are slashing prices on it... which makes me think this game could become pretty hard to find in the near future.

People who are interested in importing Last Window might want to check out the Cheap Ass Gamer thread here, it links to two reasonably priced options.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:59 PM   #324

My Last Window was from a local retailer and it did indeed work and I was promised my money back if it didn't.

So it was $59 dollars well spent - the game is amazing.

I just bought 8 English DS adventure games from Ebay for $30 dollars each and 6 have arrived.

The very rare "Last King of Africa" was purchased and is amazingly good - seems to be bug free compared to the PC version.

Sadly two of six so far won't run - but they are collector's editions with lots of goodies in them. Hopefully the American releases will happen on these.

I was warned they wouldn't run in the US so hopefully these two are the only two that won't.

I may offer to do reviews of them for this site.

Last edited by Mikekelly; 07-12-2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: update info
Old 04-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikekelly View Post

Next year who will get it? Ghost Trick or LA Noire? We'll see!

I was hoping it would be released in the US but looks like I will need to import this one.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:59 PM   #326

Released on April 19th in Japan is the adventure game "Meitantei Conan: Kakokara no Zensou Kyoku" for the DS and Sony PSP.

You can watch the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=pzQGZjs_SDY
Old 04-21-2012, 06:32 AM   #327
The Quiet One

I take it the Japanese imports don't have English subtitles, do they?
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 04-21-2012, 07:12 AM   #328
Schattenjäger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kndy View Post
Released on April 19th in Japan is the adventure game "Meitantei Conan: Kakokara no Zensou Kyoku" for the DS and Sony PSP.
awww, too bad it probably wont be localized, i used to watch that show a little, it definitely seemed like it would fit an adventure game well.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #329

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyShinigami View Post
I take it the Japanese imports don't have English subtitles, do they?
Unfortunately not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
awww, too bad it probably wont be localized, i used to watch that show a little, it definitely seemed like it would fit an adventure game well.
The good news is that the 4 or 5 films were released on DVD in the US courtesy of FUNimation, but because the focus is shifting to 3DS and Vita...A lot of the cool DS and PSP games released in Japan will probably not be released outside of Japan.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #330

Noticed a few people enjoy Japanese-based adventure games and a few have been released in the US (and UK). Here are a few that were not mentioned on this thread:

DS

999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
Jake Hunter Detective Story: Memories of the Past (this was the re-release with more stories. So avoid Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles, the first release)
Lux-Pain
Theresia

PSP

Disgaea Infinite (Graphic novel, choice based game)
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble (this does have fighting action...but I enjoy it a lot)
Locoroco
Locoroco 2
Old 04-22-2012, 04:48 AM   #331

"Thersia: Dear Emily" and "Again" are some other ones that got localized too.

The Nintendo DS is still getting major releases to include adventure games - I also am looking forward to playing some localized games from Japan on my 3DS.

I'm currently playing "Spirit Camera" on my 3DS - while not an adventure game per se, it is quite good.