You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Agatha Christie - Evil Under the Sun (ending Act 5)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
Replicant

Default Agatha Christie - Evil Under the Sun (ending Act 5)

I'm at the end of Act 5 of Evil Under the Sun and think I've run into a game-breaker but can't find any save games for the start of chapter 6 online.

I've tested every substance and consulted walkthroughs to make sure but it isn't crossed out under Poirot's instructions. I can't re-test any of them as they disappear and I have no earlier save games. I suspect the bug may be related to the fact I tested the chicken feathers and one or two other things in the previous act, but not sure.

Does anyone have a solution or a save game at the end of act 5 or start of act 6 they can share?
Old 01-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
It's Hard To Be Humble

Hmmn. I ran into a similar problem in the Orient Express game. It turned out to be something really simple but easily overlooked that hadn't been mentioned in the walkthroughs. Let's see if I can remember EUTS... *goes to have a look at UHS* Okay, I can't recall precisely what happened in chapter five, though I do remember being stumped around that time period. My suggestion, if you haven't already done so, is to go HERE and make sure you haven't overlooked any points mentioned. I'm sorry I can't be of more help to you, but I played this over a year ago on the Wii, and honestly can't recall or offer you a save game to import.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
Replicant

I've double checked the walkthroughs and everything, the objective that needs to be crossed out is "Test all substances" and I've tested every single one listed in three walkthroughs. Game breaker it looks like and I can't find a save anywhere for end of Act 5/start of Act 6.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #4

I've played that game all the way through a ton of times and in fact just started playing it again. If you could hold on for a little while - when I get to that part I can likely help you... I don't think there is a bug in the game (I never encountered one) - however there are very particular things to do that will (as you are seeing) keep you from progressing. I'll try and figure it out for you!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #5
Replicant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoecastillo View Post
I've played that game all the way through a ton of times and in fact just started playing it again. If you could hold on for a little while - when I get to that part I can likely help you... I don't think there is a bug in the game (I never encountered one) - however there are very particular things to do that will (as you are seeing) keep you from progressing. I'll try and figure it out for you!
I'd appreciate that.

I just did another half hour runthrough of every area to see if I'd missed everything but no, I seem to have done every single thing but the trigger of completing the substance test hasn't activated so I'm stuck forever in Act 5 I believe.

A save at the end of Act 5 or right at the start of Act 6 would be awesome.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:29 PM   #6
lost in rubacava

Stuart, this is the pickiest game in the universe. Talk about linear! Miss doing one little thing and you can almost hear Kate Walker complaining, "This thing's stuck!" Good luck, I hope zoecastillo comes up with the answer for you.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #7

Hey Stuart - I got home from work late - but have been zipping through the game - I am up to the morning of the crime... I should be where you are at later tonight or tomorrow the latest (not working tomorrow!) - I don't know how to e-mail saved games - if you want to message me with exactly where you are in the game with instructions how to do that - I could try - otherwise I will likely be able to tell you exactly how to proceed... Be in touch again soon!
Old 01-14-2011, 07:33 PM   #8

P.S. Stuart - exactly what Day and Time are you at? i.e. "August 25th - Morning" (is where I am currently) - the game doesn't have "Acts" - but dates and times (unless your version is calling them Acts?) - I just want to make sure not to breeze past where you are!
Old 01-15-2011, 06:43 AM   #9
Replicant

Sent a private message.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:45 AM   #10

Got it - already sent you two messages - I am up to Act 5 - will keep submitting help through private message as I go...