You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General King Kong gameplay videos

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2005, 01:27 AM   #1
gin soaked boy

Default King Kong gameplay videos

Here they are.

Can't see them myself, due to my crappy internet connection, but feel free to salivate on my behalf
Old 08-22-2005, 03:11 AM   #2
OB

Thanks, I hadn't seen these, yet.

If another person asks why they added dinosaurs to King Kong I'll scream my fool head off.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:14 AM   #3
Sol Narcissus

*starts salivating over his Heidi Klum swimsuit calendar*

Oh, right. Sorry.

*starts salivating over King Kong and that goddamn dinosaur-Godzilla instead*

What's Godzilla doing with King Kong, by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Brat
If another person asks why they added dinosaurs to King Kong I'll scream my fool head off.
Scream.

Warning! The above post or comment may or may not contain sarcasm and/or irony and in some cases even serious cynicism and other types of tough guy talk. Please consult the nearest dictionary to avoid embarassing misunderstandings. Remember: It's never personal.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:26 AM   #4
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locue
What's Godzilla doing with King Kong, by the way?
Are you over 18?
Old 08-22-2005, 03:32 AM   #5
Sol Narcissus

Are you Michael Jackson?

Warning! The above post or comment may or may not contain sarcasm and/or irony and in some cases even serious cynicism and other types of tough guy talk. Please consult the nearest dictionary to avoid embarassing misunderstandings. Remember: It's never personal.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:45 AM   #6
gin soaked boy

Beat it.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:04 AM   #7
Sol Narcissus

Oh come now, don't be a grumpy twenty-something. So what IS that dinosaur doing in a King Kong-game, really? It was a perfectly legit question unlike your comment on my age (which I by the way will have to answer with a "yes").

Old 08-22-2005, 04:08 AM   #8
Dungeon Master

Quote:
So what IS that dinosaur doing in a King Kong-game, really?
The same what he is doing in a King Kong movie, supposedly.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:13 AM   #9
Sol Narcissus

Oh right, the King Kong-movie. Peter Jackson's King Kong versus Godzilla/Spielberg-Lizard. I guess the answer to my question is: the more the monsters the bigger the community of fanboys.

Old 08-22-2005, 04:17 AM   #10
Psychonaut

Hey,

Why is there a giant Monkey in that Jurassic Park movie
Old 08-22-2005, 04:26 AM   #11
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Oh right, the King Kong-movie. Peter Jackson's King Kong versus Godzilla/Spielberg-Lizard. I guess the answer to my question is: the more the monsters the bigger the community of fanboys.
You should complain to Merian Cooper about it, then.

Not only did original King Kong feature dinosaurs, but also Godzilla was clearly heavily inspired by it.

Last edited by AFGNCAAP; 08-22-2005 at 04:32 AM.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:30 AM   #12
Sol Narcissus

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's one of those token pterodactyl-something birds and not a T-Rex. Still, the old movie didn't feature the dinosaurs so much did it? I can't remember.

Old 08-22-2005, 04:36 AM   #13
Dungeon Master

Quote:
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's one of those token pterodactyl-something birds and not a T-Rex. Still, the old movie didn't feature the dinosaurs so much did it? I can't remember.
As you, see, I edited the message To answer your second question, we have only trailers to judge, but Jackson's film seems to follow the original's script almost scene by scene. So the dinosaurs shouldn't have more screen time than in 1933 version. Don't know about the game, though.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:11 AM   #14
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Oh come now, don't be a grumpy twenty-something.
Grumpy? I thought we were joking

And yes, the original movie had dinosaurs and whatnot. As for will there be more of them in the game, well why not? It would be foolish to expect the game to be an exact retelling of the story, it wouldn't be much fun, would it? If it enhances the gameplay, I say bring them in. Just don't make them wear ties.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:33 AM   #15
Epinionated.

I lik Locue, he funny guy.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:20 AM   #16
Sol Narcissus

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
As you, see, I edited the message
So you did, and the ape is beating up poor dino in a scene. Ah well. It was a heck of a long time since I saw the movie. Even longer since I saw it by my own free will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
Grumpy? I thought we were joking
Me too, but you really hurt my feelings. Nah.

Quote:
And yes, the original movie had dinosaurs and whatnot. As for will there be more of them in the game, well why not? It would be foolish to expect the game to be an exact retelling of the story, it wouldn't be much fun, would it? If it enhances the gameplay, I say bring them in. Just don't make them wear ties.
What's wrong with ties? As long as it's not a bowtie, I say the poor dinosaur can come in hat and tuxedo and a tie if he/she wants to. But no dresses. Please.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with mixing a huge gorilla with huge dinosaurs in the game. Not at all. More fun for the button bashing finger. Way I understand it the dinosaurs are in the game to provide a mutual enemy to both Mr. Kong and Mr. Human. That's fine.

Edit2:
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
I lik Locue, he funny guy.
I do my best.