You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2005, 09:30 PM   #1

Default Nintendo DS

Well, I just ranted on about how I'm disappointed how it's looking as if my money spent on DS was a waste in the Another Code thread... So here's where I'm at:

Anyone think any differently about the complete waste of money and suggest any games I should get? Or future games coming up you'd like to discuss?

Another Code was one I was looking forward too, thinking I'd have to wait forever to get it. Then I heard of the European version being released, and now I'm ever more pissed because I know others have it, and I'm not going to be able to...

The other one too I'm looking for is Animal Crossing DS. Yeah it's childish, the whole online capabilities is what intrigues me the most... Not quite sure how that's supposed to work though The way my friend explained it to me was as follows:

Wireless Router

Turns out that's all you need and you're hooked up to the Wi-Fi network. Any thoughts on this? Or information you'd like to share?

There are a few other games I was looking at too, but they all just seem to be set for your 8-12 age category (Nintendogs, Yu-Gi-Oh {Which my 11 year old brother is oh-so-excited for} Sonic, and many others...)

Where's the good old Zelda that should have been released right away? I don't know if it's just me but for a well-known and loved game as Zelda, the new handheld should have more info then just http://ds.ign.com/objects/694/694756.html don't you think?

Anyway, your turn to let me hear what you think...
Old 07-06-2005, 09:35 PM   #2
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Yeah, never did like Nintendo (only got NES ans SNES for FF series). I bought a PSP with my money after playing my cousins DS I realised it was very clumsy and hard to navigate your character and shoot in Metroid. Yeah, Nintendos always aimed it's games at little kids. When DooM came out they refused to prot it to their system (stupid of them wasn't it)?
Old 07-06-2005, 09:39 PM   #3

Yeah I really want a PSP right now, my friend is always on MSN on his because of the Wipeout Pure "hack"... It's just that I'm worried if that is just a big waste of money too...

Involving Metroid Prime, I got used to the controls, I just wish it could become online, because then that would be a really cool feature, because I don't know if it's just me or if all my friends suck at it, but when I have a multiplayer game with them, I always win with the most kills and 0 deaths... So either it's really easy, or I need some new friends

Either way, I want a new game

Last edited by Mydriac; 07-06-2005 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:29 PM   #4

I didn't buy a PSP because a) it's not released here in Europe yet, and I'm not interested in buying expensive hardware through import and b) I wanted something else than a handheld version of the PS2.

The Nintendo DS sounded interesting to me because it was different. If I want to play PS2 games, I play them on my PS2 at home, on a big screen. I don't really travel much, so a handheld isn't necessarily a substitute for a standard console, but something to play around with anytime I feel like it.

And if I want to play normal games on the run, I can do that too. Some of the DS games don't take any more advantage of the touchscreen for much else than menu navigation - like Need For Speed Underground 2. Other games are all about the touchscreen, like Wario Ware Touched. That's what I want for the moment, but I know I can play "normal" games on it too, when I feel like it.

Right now I have four games for the DS, and I bought little over a week ago. The games I have are NFSU2, WarioWare Touched, Super Mario 64 DS and Another Code: Two Memories. That's a pretty standard racing game, a pure microgame collection, a very good platformer with some extras from the N64 version (never really PLAYED the N64 version) and the game I really bought my DS for - Another Code. All are excellent games in their own ways.

The next game I'm looking forward to is Kirby DS. Zelda will come out sooner or later too. Resi 1 was supposed to get a remake with the controls from Resi 4, just for the DS - although I never was a Resi fan. If Another Code sells well, we can only hope for similar games too.

And if you're not satisfied with the DS games, you can always play some GBA games while waiting. I agree the DS is having a slow start, but eventually we'll see tons of games for that one too. Hopefully.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by [toj.cc]Phantom
Yeah, Nintendos always aimed it's games at little kids.
Like Metroid.

Quote:
When DooM came out they refused to prot it to their system (stupid of them wasn't it)?
You mean the SNES Doom that did came out? Or Doom 64 on the N64, which was an original release? Or Doom 1 & 2 on the GBA?

Anyway, I want the new Castlevania, the new Lunar, the new Advance Wars, the new Mario Bros., the announced Resident Evil remake, etc.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:37 PM   #6

Regarding the PSP, I had the same thinking. Plus, I don't play my PS2 that much as it is now...

Once again though, Another Code has been released in Europe and not in North America, why do we always wait? But this might be my opportunity to ask you some questions about it...

I might be interested in a import of Another Code. If you know anything about where, or how much (Canadian) it will cost me, can you PM me, or post it on here? As for the waiting business, I sold most of my GBA games because the DS was coming out with some new titles (supposedly good ones) What was I thinking??

Anyway, thanks alot... I guess as of right now I have nothing else to do but wait and play Golden Eye
Old 07-06-2005, 11:42 PM   #7

Keep in mind that the PS2 didn't launch with too much worth playing up until a year after it came out. I think Mario 64 and WarioWare: Touched is a better lineup than Ridge Racer V and Fantavision. The GBA had a slow start, too.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:48 PM   #8

True, but now it just seems sooo much longer when you know it's out there, but you can't have. But then again, there's something out there that everyone can't touch. For me it happens to be Another Code

I'm still looking into the whole European import thing, but meh... Hope is drifting away...

Thanks though
Old 07-06-2005, 11:49 PM   #9

It comes out here in a couple months.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:50 PM   #10

Here? Where is "here"? Haha, wow I really want that game
Old 07-07-2005, 12:15 AM   #11

It comes out in North America in September, as Trace Memory.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:17 AM   #12

Ah yes, I forgot about the change in name... I was looking everywhere for Another Code...

Phew, I was thinking it would take longer then that since they didn't have dates up, but now that I looked for it, the exact date shows September 26th..

Thank you
Old 07-07-2005, 01:23 AM   #13

Regarding differences of releasedates between NA and Europe, I think North American is much more lucky than us Europeans. Considering how half of the games doesn't even get here, and usually it's we who have to wait. That's why I find it surprising that Another Code is released first in europe.

On the other hand, you have Kirby's Canvas (or whatever it's called already), and we have to wait until November for that one to hit the streets over here. And we don't even have the OPTION to buy a PSP yet.

So, you north americans really shouldn't complain...
Old 07-07-2005, 01:39 AM   #14
A Servicable Villain

European complaints are nullified ba very cheap internetshops liek DVDboxoffice.com that don't charge postal fees. The DS is regionfree, so there's nothing to stop you from buying Canvas Curse or Meteos or whatever for a meager 30 euros
Old 07-07-2005, 04:54 AM   #15
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethsez
Quote:
Yeah, Nintendos always aimed it's games at little kids.

Like Metroid.

Quote:
When DooM came out they refused to prot it to their system (stupid of them wasn't it)?

You mean the SNES Doom that did came out? Or Doom 64 on the N64, which was an original release? Or Doom 1 & 2 on the GBA?

Anyway, I want the new Castlevania, the new Lunar, the new Advance Wars, the new Mario Bros., the announced Resident Evil remake, etc.
They did realease it but Doom came out before there were ratings on games (well atleast the makers choose to put it on their if they wanted to) once the ratingwere in place they happily re-released Mortal Kombat with all the blood/gorew in it and released Doom. And I don't see anything Wrong with Meoid all you do shoot aliens.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:49 AM   #16

Quote:
They did realease it but Doom came out before there were ratings on games (well atleast the makers choose to put it on their if they wanted to) once the ratingwere in place they happily re-released Mortal Kombat with all the blood/gorew in it and released Doom. And I don't see anything Wrong with Meoid all you do shoot aliens.
The thing with nothing being wrong with Metroid is just that, you only shoot aliens, theres no blood, and it's directed in the direction of children.

I know this has nothing to do with this thread topic, but Nintendo's next-gen console isn't going to sell because there are alot of gamers now who aren't chidlren, and because of that, they are going to jack up the prices on the things that buyers will be willing to pay for: The DS.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:57 AM   #17
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux
European complaints are nullified ba very cheap internetshops liek DVDboxoffice.com that don't charge postal fees. The DS is regionfree, so there's nothing to stop you from buying Canvas Curse or Meteos or whatever for a meager 30 euros
This would be the same DVDBoxOffice.com that still hasn't sent the copy of Psychonauts that I ordered in May, right?

But yes, they can help sometimes .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 07-07-2005, 09:11 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux
Would be nice if I didn't have to pay 30 EXTRA euros to my goddamn government for importing the damn shit.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:26 AM   #19

Yeah, that's a major bummer. I hate the whole importing fee idea, but then again, I hate the waiting idea too. So it all depends on how impatient you are...
Old 07-07-2005, 11:04 AM   #20

Quote:
And I don't see anything Wrong with Meoid all you do shoot aliens.
Wait, so unless a game lets you shoot people, it's only for kids? Am I reading this right?

I guess Halo must be a little kid's game as well. You only shoot aliens!