You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General XBOX 360 price revealed

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2005, 03:47 AM   #61
gin soaked boy

That still stands (although I'm not sure if it was ever officially confirmed), but now it seems they're also asking the developers of games that are not on the market yet to include such profiles on the game discs so you won't need a HD to store them.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:53 AM   #62
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
Well not for small developers, is it?

And they're pretty cheap. I mean, those games may not have the glitz of big commercial titles, but as far as fun factor is concerned, some of them can easily compete with anything out there. In my book, anyway.
Bejeweled 14.99 on XBOX Live Arcade

Bejeweled on Yahoo Games Free

Why would anyone buy a 400 dollar console to download a game for 14.99 that is available on Yahoo's website for free. Paying that much money on all that hardware, to play a game for money when you can just play it on the internet for free is the biggest ripoff.

Firefox rules
Old 08-26-2005, 09:11 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Bejeweled 14.99 on XBOX Live Arcade

Bejeweled on Yahoo Games Free

Why would anyone buy a 400 dollar console to download a game for 14.99 that is available on Yahoo's website for free. Paying that much money on all that hardware, to play a game for money when you can just play it on the internet for free is the biggest ripoff.
SD, you only get to try the game for free at Yahoo. To get the full game, you have to pay $19.99.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:13 AM   #64
Ankh Morporkian

i'm too poor 4 that shit. i'll chill till next year sometime - play the games sometimes @ rich friends houses and buy it when the price comes down; just like I did with every console since ps1. Paying exactly $650 Australian$ is kerazy talk. Though, every1 who pays they're hard earned moola-dollaravervitch-dinero-squanoola will be well pleased with the sys i'm sure of it
Old 08-26-2005, 09:14 AM   #65
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
SD, you only get to try the game for free at Yahoo. To get the full game, you have to pay $19.99.
In the web browser? You can play the game online in Internet explorer. I haven't tried to download it.

Firefox rules
Old 08-26-2005, 09:28 AM   #66
gin soaked boy

I suppose those are demo/feature incomplete versions.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:22 PM   #67
merely human

Default F.y.i.

Looks like there will be five ways to do 360 Live Gold Tier.

12 Month Premium Gold Pack
12 Month Xbox Live Subcription
1 Xbox Live Headset
$20.00 Reduction On A Video Game
Xbox Live Arcade Game: Billiards
200 Points For The Xbox Live MarketPlace
Total: $69.99(US)

12 Month Gold Card
12 Month Xbox Live Subcription
1 Month Free Xbox Live Card
Total: $59.99(US)

3 Month Premium Gold Pack
3 Month Xbox Live Subscription
1 Xbox Live Headset
$10.00 Reduction On A Video Game
Xbox Live Arcade Game: Joust
100 Points For The Xbox Live Marketplace
Total: $39.99(US)

3 Month Gold Card
3 Month Xbox Live Subscription
Total: $19.99(US)

1 Month Gold Card
1 Month Xbox Live Subscription
Total: $7.99(US)
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-04-2005, 06:40 AM   #68

Send a message via AIM to copycat

Hmm, it's gonna be a tough decision this time to choose the "right" console. I guess I'm more of a console gamer nowadays and it will be hard to justify the purchase of a 1.000 dollar + gaming PC if you can get an Xbox 360 or PS3 for under 500 bucks (even though we don't know the price of PS3 yet, I believe it will definitely be lower than a decent PC).

What will you guys do? Pick up the new Xbox right on launch day or wait for PS3 and then compare or get both?
Old 09-04-2005, 08:28 AM   #69
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by copycat
What will you guys do? Pick up the new Xbox right on launch day or wait for PS3 and then compare or get both?
http://forums.adventuregamers.com/showthread.php?t=8358
Old 09-04-2005, 08:58 AM   #70
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by copycat
Hmm, it's gonna be a tough decision this time to choose the "right" console. I guess I'm more of a console gamer nowadays and it will be hard to justify the purchase of a 1.000 dollar + gaming PC if you can get an Xbox 360 or PS3 for under 500 bucks (even though we don't know the price of PS3 yet, I believe it will definitely be lower than a decent PC).

I suggest you wait on the 360. The price will drop within one year (and so will the games), and then you have a much better library to choose from.

Firefox rules
Old 09-04-2005, 02:00 PM   #71

Send a message via AIM to copycat

Quote:
I suggest you wait on the 360. The price will drop within one year (and so will the games), and then you have a much better library to choose from.
Yeah, I guess that's a good way to go. But I'm (a bit) desperate to get my hands on a high-def capable console due to the fact I've bought an amazing HD ready Panasonic projector and hooked it up my 5.1 sound system!

Man, this rocks hard and HD games will look superb on my wall!
Someone told in another thread Still Life on Xbox would support 720p, but I just can't get it working here.

Has this to do with my PAL Xbox? Do only NTSC games support HD on the current Xbox?
Old 09-06-2005, 07:32 AM   #72
Est. 1985

I'm surprised they did the two packages. My initial thought was that it would only confuse people, and possibly create difficulties for developing. But then I thought pretty much what SoccerDude28 said and wasn't so sure. It's either really stupid or really clever of them, I don't know.

If I do get an Xbox 360, it will be the 'Deluxe' one, but I'm not decided yet. And in any case, I see little point in getting a console at launch. You pay crazy money, and there aren't a whole lot of games out at the time, and likely only a few great ones. This next generation is really expensive, don't get suckered in straightaway!
Old 09-06-2005, 12:50 PM   #73
merely human

I don't expect to get it at the day of launch myself (for one thing, I doubt I'll the entire $400 right then to shell out). But there are at least a couple or so promising titles that would ensure I don't wait too long after the console's release, like Oblivion and Alan Wake.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-06-2005, 12:59 PM   #74
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
But there are at least a couple or so promising titles that would ensure I don't wait too long after the console's release, like Oblivion and Alan Wake.
And Dead or Alive 4. Oh come on Trep, you gotta get it, i wanna spank kick your butt at it a couple of times
Old 09-06-2005, 01:06 PM   #75
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
And Dead or Alive 4. Oh come on Trep, you gotta get it, i wanna spank kick your butt at it a couple of times
Another fighting game

Firefox rules
Old 09-06-2005, 01:09 PM   #76
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I don't expect to get it at the day of launch myself (for one thing, I doubt I'll the entire $400 right then to shell out). But there are at least a couple or so promising titles that would ensure I don't wait too long after the console's release, like Oblivion and Alan Wake.
There hasn't been a date confirmed for Alan Wake yet. Since it is also coming out for the PS3, it might wait for that console to come out.

Also Project Gotham is reportedly delayed (rumor). So really, there is nothing but Oblivion at launch. I personally found Morrowind one big huge bore Did you like it trepsie?

Firefox rules
Old 09-06-2005, 01:13 PM   #77
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Another fighting game
What's your point?
Old 09-06-2005, 01:15 PM   #78
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
What's your point?
What's so exciting about it?

Firefox rules
Old 09-06-2005, 01:47 PM   #79
merely human

Quote:
There hasn't been a date confirmed for Alan Wake yet. Since it is also coming out for the PS3, it might wait for that console to come out.
I can wait. I'm high and dry after Max Payne and Max Payn 2. It should be worth the wait.

Quote:
Also Project Gotham is reportedly delayed (rumor). So really, there is nothing but Oblivion at launch. I personally found Morrowind one big huge bore Did you like it trepsie?
Like it? I stopped playing it and traded it in and got Psychonauts instead. Just didn't.......feel right to me.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:48 PM   #80
gin soaked boy

Quote:
What's so exciting about it?
I also used to think fighting games were daft until last spring I got Virtua Fighter 2 with a bunch of other SEGA games I bought. So I was bored, had nothing better to play and needed something to test out my newly acquired gamepads; I decided to give it a shot.

It turned out that those games are incredibly fun, especially in the two player mode, it's a perfect party genre (not unlike racing games which I also discovered last year - though I prefer futuristic racers with weapons to more realistic ones)! Another thing, it's as far from button bashing as it gets. The best fighting games (btw, note that 2D and 3D fighters play pretty differently) are extremly complex and require great skill to play successfully, you need to strategize all the time and need to do it FAST. Because of the complexity of their fighting systems, the smallest modifications can completely change the ballance so the resulting game becomes a completely different experience. That's why I'm so excited about Dead or Alive 4, it's supposed to finally introduce some changes more demanding players were wishing for. It still might not be as good as Virtua Fighter 4, but I want it all the same

And Virtua Fighter 5 is also on its way