You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General New Psychonauts trailer, screenshots, wallpaper, website! Schafery goodness within!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2004, 11:50 AM   #61
merely human

I hereby announce that I will do a gamer's blackout on Psychnauts. That means no more looking at the latest screenshots, movies, and previews and interviews. No being gullible and getting into the hype, no analyzing every single pixel of screenshots or projecting my wet phantasies on gameplay. Occasionally I'll check up on the game's progress by just reading little bits of news when they pop up. But until the game goes gold (at least for Xbox) I have other things to do. And no, Tim Schafer is not GOD, he's just some really cool guy with a great imagination who makes games.

Anyone wanna join me in this?

I actually did the same with Fable and Half-Life 2. Heh, it's a case of 'ignorance is bliss'.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-07-2004, 12:04 PM   #62
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Tim Schafer is not GOD
How can you say such a thing!

BURN IN HELL!!

Feels much better now, thank you.
Quote:
Count me in! Well, at least for a while.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:03 PM   #63
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Quote:
Hey, suits me.

I do the same with most games that I'm really, really excited about - partly because I don't want to know too much about the end product, but mostly because screenshots and things still bore me to tears - no matter how awesome the game looks. Also, I've seen the Psychonauts trailer, so there probably isn't that much else to see that would impress me.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:08 PM   #64
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsius
BURN IN HELL!!
Wanna join me there? I heard they have a great bar with custom mixed drinks, and supermodels who'll give you massages! Of course, if Tim is GOD, he's not on the guest list. Nyah!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-08-2004, 05:11 AM   #65

Send a message via AIM to Sirus

Quote:
I hereby announce that I will do a gamer's blackout on Psychnauts. That means no more looking at the latest screenshots, movies, and previews and interviews. No being gullible and getting into the hype, no analyzing every single pixel of screenshots or projecting my wet phantasies on gameplay. Occasionally I'll check up on the game's progress by just reading little bits of news when they pop up. But until the game goes gold (at least for Xbox) I have other things to do. And no, Tim Schafer is not GOD, he's just some really cool guy with a great imagination who makes games.

I actually did the same with Fable and Half-Life 2. Heh, it's a case of 'ignorance is bliss'.
If they don't over hype the game and if it turns out to be good, then there's no need to "blackout" on Psychonauts.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:23 AM   #66
Hopeful skeptic

Loved the trailer and enjoyed the interview, so yeah, that's probably enough hype for me. I'm doing more of a media rationing than blackout, but I'm definitely in overkill avoidance mode.

I'm excited about it, and expect a lot of Schafery goodness, even if the gameplay somehow fails to impress. That's all I need.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:47 AM   #67
Mostly absent

Quote:
Wanna join me there? I heard they have a great bar with custom mixed drinks, and supermodels who'll give you massages! Of course, if Tim is GOD, he's not on the guest list. Nyah!
Sounds good. Count me in!!

Because Tim is GOD he doesn't need to be on the guest list. Nyah, right back at you!