You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General So, I just got a PS3 Slim. Nao wot?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2010, 08:59 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 47 View Post
Yeah! It really show that Batman is, indeed, the worlds greatest detective. I was obsessed with the Riddler challenges.

Are you going to pick up any of the PS1 classic games? They're reasonably priced.

While we're on the subject, we should start an AG.com gameshare group.
PS3 Slim isn't backwards compatible.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 04-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #42

inFamous plays a lot like Arkham Asylum, it's just as fun too -- I keep suggesting it cause I've almost finished my first playthrough and have loved every minute of it. Did you play/like the demo? There was something vaguely irritating about Little Big Planet I thought. I just couldn't put my finger on exactly what it was.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
PS3 Slim isn't backwards compatible.
They sell them on their store...and I'm pretty sure all PS3 are BC with PS1 games.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:18 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 47 View Post
They sell them on their store...and I'm pretty sure all PS3 are BC with PS1 games.
That blows because there are so many PS2 games I want to play, yet so it can play all PS1 games......including Chrono Cross. *SHUTTERS*

Old 04-07-2010, 12:52 AM   #45

When I get a PS3, these are the games I'll be interested in:

Heavy Rain
Final Fantasy 13
Uncharted 1 & 2
Assassin's Creed 2
GTA 4
Silent Hill: Homecoming

Mafia 2
Prince of Persia:The Forgotten Sands

Is Silent Hill: Shattered Memories on PS3 as well?

The non-compatibility of PS2 games bothers me as well. I totally enjoyed upgrading from PS1 to PS2, since I could still play old favorites like the Final Fantasies. Now I'll need to keep both consoles.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 04-07-2010, 01:15 AM   #46
merely human

JEEZUS CRIPES THAT WAS NERVE WRACKING!

Just finished the Taxidermist DLC for Heavy Rain. Had to try and sneak Madison the hell out of that house. My heart was pounding like a mofo.

Yep, the game looks stupefyingly beautiful. The split screen action isn't new (I think film director Brian de Palma was the first to use it?), but it's used in the most effective way, deepening the cinematic suspense.

It's merely one thing to watch it, but entirely something freaking else to actually have to play it.

The Taxidermist clip - part 1 (bit of a spoiler)
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-07-2010, 10:26 AM   #47
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Writer View Post
When I get a PS3, these are the games I'll be interested in:

Heavy Rain
Final Fantasy 13
Uncharted 1 & 2
Assassin's Creed 2
GTA 4
Silent Hill: Homecoming

Mafia 2
Prince of Persia:The Forgotten Sands

Is Silent Hill: Shattered Memories on PS3 as well?

The non-compatibility of PS2 games bothers me as well. I totally enjoyed upgrading from PS1 to PS2, since I could still play old favorites like the Final Fantasies. Now I'll need to keep both consoles.
We have similar tastes. No, unfortunately SH: SM is only for Wii, PS2 and PSP but I don't doubt they'll release a 720p edition when the PS Move is finally released. Good thing is that now you can buy the DLC scenarios of GTA IV that previously were exclusive to the 360. Also, Homecoming is becoming increasingly harder to find, If you plan on buying a PS3 you could buy this game now.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #48

I enjoyed the Heavy Rain demo when I played it, but I can't really say it's a $60 games. At least I wouldn't pay that much. It really reminded me of Indigo Prophecy, which I didn't like...
Old 04-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #49

I think Heavy Rain is actually my favourite game on the PS3. (Closely followed by the Uncharted games.)
Old 04-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldO View Post
We have similar tastes. No, unfortunately SH: SM is only for Wii, PS2 and PSP but I don't doubt they'll release a 720p edition when the PS Move is finally released. Good thing is that now you can buy the DLC scenarios of GTA IV that previously were exclusive to the 360. Also, Homecoming is becoming increasingly harder to find, If you plan on buying a PS3 you could buy this game now.
Homecoming.....exactly like the first Silent Hill. Annoyingly hard in places that shouldn't be hard.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #51
merely human

Quote:
Homecoming.....exactly like the first Silent Hill. Annoyingly hard in places that shouldn't be hard.
I don't remember being frustrated playing the first Silent Hill. It was marvelous.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-07-2010, 07:53 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
I don't remember being frustrated playing the first Silent Hill. It was marvelous.
One pistol clip and immediately they throw flying creatures at you which require the pistol....then dogs with flying monsters. Don't think that was a good design choice. After 3-5 hits, you are dead....without any health given to you after the diner until you get past the driveway with dogs and fliers.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #53
merely human

Quote:
One pistol clip and immediately they throw flying creatures at you which require the pistol....then dogs with flying monsters. Don't think that was a good design choice.
I don't remember that. What I did was run. They don't call it survival horror for nothin', LOL! In a Silent Hill game your chance of surviving does NOT depend on killing every single critter you see, it depends on picking your fights and conserving as much ammo as you can until the boss or toughest critter gets in your way.

And yeah, it is very possible to outrun those critters and they don't chase you persistently, either (unless you're playing Silent Hill: Shattered Memories). Also, the monsters can't see you in the dark so you can turn your torch off and sneak past them.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:36 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
I don't remember that. What I did was run. They don't call it survival horror for nothin', LOL! In a Silent Hill game your chance of surviving does NOT depend on killing every single critter you see, it depends on picking your fights and conserving as much ammo as you can until the boss or toughest critter gets in your way.

And yeah, it is very possible to outrun those critters and they don't chase you persistently, either (unless you're playing Silent Hill: Shattered Memories). Also, the monsters can't see you in the dark so you can turn your torch off and sneak past them.
The latter I remember. Well the second silent hill was my first game of the series. It created a better learning curve than the previous game. So I focused on walking around and looking for stuff laying around.....so I tried to carry that to the first game......didn't go so well. Maybe i'll run next time I play the game. lol

Old 04-09-2010, 11:36 AM   #55
never stops believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by booB View Post
I've never heard of any HDMI device that comes with an HDMI cable. Nintendo is one step worse... the Wii comes with composite cables, and you have to buy component cables separately if you want to kick your resolution up to a whopping 480p. They are specially made for the Wii, and they cost $25. You can't get a $6 version.
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I'd like to get these better cables for my Wii - what are they? where do I get? Do I just need to look for component cables?

thanks
Old 04-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #56
merely human

Yep. I'm using a component cable for my Wii and it's giving me 480p. Too bad I rarely play on it.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:46 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns11 View Post
Yakuza 3
Seconded. Well, I haven't actually played it yet, but the first two games are amazing, and the third looks to be just as good, if not better.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:22 AM   #58

Definitely get Little Big Planet. Hilarious co-op.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #59

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

I wouldn't suggest SH: Homecoming, as a fan of the series that game really let me down.

All this talk about the Flower game has me intrigued, perhaps I shall take a look at it
Old 04-10-2010, 09:37 AM   #60
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

The only bad thing I can say about flower is that it's too short, but looks so amazing that is worth it.