You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General What's that Game?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2010, 08:53 PM   #1

Default What's that Game?

I can't for the life of me remember the name of this late-'90s edutainment game. It's a stylishly animated adventure game about insects and other bugs, starring a boy moved to his uncle's farm and a dog named Blue. It was adventure in the sense that it was more puzzles and trivia and tons of exploration, so I thought I'd post here.

This game is almost crafted to avoid an easy Google search. A computer game about insects, but without bugs. A dog named Blue, but not that dog named Blue, and not the political faction, either. A science game on a computer that has nothing to do with computer science and is a great deal more sophisticated than a flash trivia quiz.

The three things I remember most vividly:
1. At one point, the main character sees a moth circling a candle and starts to cry at the tragedy of it, commenting that the moth will soon surely die. He blows out the candle in compassion.
2. "House flies accelerate faster than a rocket."
3. The last stage is a timed spelunking minigame where you are able to perish and have to start from the last save. The water level's rising and you have to escape in time.

I seem to remember having the impression that this was going to be the start of a series, but it failed commercially despite critical praise.

Thanks for helping me excise this mindworm.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:24 PM   #2

It's nice to know someone out there remembers those games. If you do find the name of that game, I'd love to know.

Here is some more information:
* They did make two other sequels; one basing in the dog being captured before a dog beauty pagent, the other basing on the boy running through a secret hideout.
* The main hideout leader's name was Brain.

Hope this helps, and drop another post if we could find out what the name(s) are.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:56 AM   #3
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Is the one with the insects maybe called " Elroy goes Bugzerk" by Headbone Games?

There's also one called "Elroy hits the pavement", which I think is the one with the hideout.

-
Attached Images

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!