You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2010, 01:34 AM   #161
Life and times of...

I feel that, even though the playablity was better in ME2, which is a very important factor, most of the other aspects were better in ME1. As a whole, ME1 is the slightly better game.

Character development is pretty much on the same level though IMO, maybe a tad better in ME2. ME1 had a couple characters that weren't really developed at all (in ME2 there's pretty much only Garrus).

Also, two great little bits, the "first Hanar-spectre" movie trailer in Illium (and the follow-up to it). And
Spoiler:
the discussion of tightened security protocols in Citadel, with Legion with you... "The Geth do not infiltrate" (officer says something about how you can't bring your VI's to shuttles anymore or something) "The Geth do not intentionally infiltrate"
Old 02-25-2010, 10:59 PM   #162
merely human

Mass Effect 2 'Firewalker' DLC coming late March, includes Hammerhead vehicle and 5 missions | Joystiq

Quote:
BioWare has detailed another dose of Mass Effect 2 DLC, dubbed the "Firewalker" pack. The upcoming release includes five missions featuring the Hammerhead vehicle, according to an update on the Cerberus Network page, part of the official Mass Effect site. BioWare co-founder Greg Zeschuk described the Hammerhead as a "hover tank," during a recent interview with Joystiq, adding, "It's not a wheeled vehicle, so it's going to have a bit of a different control scheme" than did the much-maligned Mako vehicle featured constantly in Mass Effect 1.

On the website, the Hammerhead is promoted as "a heavy assault vehicle that hovers over the battlefield at up to 120 kilometers per hour [75 mph] and features a guided missile system ensuring accuracy even during aggressive maneuvering." In other words, it's everything the Mako wasn't -- and it's optional.

The Firewalker DLC pack is scheduled for a "late March" release and will be accessible free of charge through the Cerberus Network in-game delivery system.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-26-2010, 03:15 AM   #163

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I'm playing ME2 right now.

Spoiler:
I just got Garrus and I'm going to recruit Mordin Solus next

I'm really, really, really liking this game.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 02-26-2010, 03:18 AM   #164
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post

I'm really, really, really liking this game.
I knew it.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-26-2010, 05:17 AM   #165
Under pressure.

I wonder how this will fit in the story, because right now I finished the story and
Spoiler:
I've gone rogue on the Elusive Man and Cerberus

I'm excited, though. 5 new missions for free!
Old 02-26-2010, 05:31 AM   #166

Will they be handled Ă* la Dragon Age, meaning that they will be doable even if the game is finished by using a post-campaign save?
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:50 AM   #167

It's done in a similar way with Mass Effect.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:02 AM   #168
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Can't wait for the new DLC. I beat the game in just over 40 hours , I carried my character over from ME1. I'm trying to work myself to play through ME1 and ME2 has a Renegade, but currently Planescape: Torment has my full attention.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:16 AM   #169

Mass Effect 2 is an awesome game. I'm glad there are people on here who think like-wise!
Old 03-03-2010, 07:59 AM   #170
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
Will they be handled Ă* la Dragon Age, meaning that they will be doable even if the game is finished by using a post-campaign save?
Pretty much done the same way, except in DA:O the post-campaign save takes place before the Landsmeet so the end of the game hasn't happened. But in ME2 it actually lets you play after you do the Suicide Mission.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #171
merely human

Mass Effect 2: Firewalk With M.E. DLC | Gametrailers

Quote:
We debut the Hammerhead vehicle from the Mass Effect 2 Firewalker pack, followed by the world premiere of SOCOM 4.
Video interview shows off the combat hovercraft's moves.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:24 AM   #172
Schättenjager

Its really repelling that still have to playing rpgs on foot from beginning to end without any ride or any vehicle,just plain laziness,primitiveness, rudeness,crudeness so on..
Old 03-07-2010, 08:43 AM   #173
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Its really repelling that still have to playing rpgs on foot from beginning to end without any ride or any vehicle,just plain laziness,primitiveness, rudeness,crudeness so on..
There's no need for a vehicle, every area you visit is very linear. They're going for a quicker pace and it would really slow everything down if they gave you big wide open spaces to drive around in.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 03-08-2010, 07:39 AM   #174
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamandMax View Post
There's no need for a vehicle, every area you visit is very linear. They're going for a quicker pace and it would really slow everything down if they gave you big wide open spaces to drive around in.
I was extrememly glad to hear the had gotten rid of the Mako in ME2. I hated all the driving around, but they had to add in all the annoying minigames...
Old 03-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #175
Under pressure.

I think I must be the only one who liked the Mako. The planet missions in-between didn't bother me at all, and were a nice change of pace. The scanning for minerals in ME2, on the other hand...
Old 03-08-2010, 01:56 PM   #176

You're not alone. I wholeheartedly agree

Old 03-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #177

I liked the Mako too, I just thought the actual missions needed to be a little more diverse. It more than makes sense that they wouldn't need one in Mass Effect 2, though. Especially with the shuttle that can basically go any where.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:26 PM   #178
merely human

Mass Effect 2 gets free Arc Projector heavy weapon, courtesy of Cerberus DLC Network | Joystiq

Quote:
The Arc Projector heavy weapon add-on is available for free to Mass Effect 2 owners with a Cerberus Network account.

In-game item description: "The arc projector ionizes targets with a nonvisible laser to ready them for a high-voltage electrical attack. As the lightning-like bolt hits its first target, a sophisticated autotargeting system paints succeeding targets with the ionization laser, allowing the electricity to take the path of least resistance and arc between them. An entire enemy strike team can be shocked to death with a few pulls of the trigger."
Reminds me of the Chain Lightning spell in Dragon Age.

Go get it, boys!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:44 AM   #179
Life and times of...

I should probably get the post-launch DLC some day...

Wish I didn't have to drag the modem back and forth between the computer and XBox though
Old 03-10-2010, 08:44 AM   #180
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
I should probably get the post-launch DLC some day...
You didn't get Zaeed yet? He joins your team for the entirety of the story and he has his own loyalty mission.